1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/14/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

Rockets lose 113-96. jinxing it.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

rafer, battier, and jax are all faking injuries..............this is all for playoff positioning.

just like SA playing without manu b/c he's "injured"

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think we win tomorrow. It didn't even look like they tried most of the game so they should be rested at least.

4. Fang

Fang Rookie

Should we win or should we lose? look at this: If we win tomorrow, then the Spurs are most likely to lose both their next 2 "fighting" for the #6 seed to match us or avoid the suns.
    You know what , If we win we will match either Spurs or Suns in the first round . Spurs are just cheaters!

5. desertfire

desertfire Member

If so, then they are stupider than I imagined. They had a great chance to lock up HCA and excellent postseason position tonight with a win. You don't tank a game like this. Had the Rocket's won, then they could have relaxed a bit, but now they may opening on the road against one of the best home teams we have seen in years.

Look, the Rockets have earned a little respect this year as a team that doesn't mail it in, even though I still think T-Mac's heart is the size of an acorn. But this is not the year to stop short of the final game of the regular season. Too much is at stake every game. The Rockets blew it big time tonight. I am not over optimistic about tomorrow either.

6. renwickftw

renwickftw Member

Battier and BJax need to be playing for any chance at all for us to win. Plus, Rafer and Head need to show up and shoot the ball well, along with making good decisions. Scolandry needs to have a big game as well, TMac too, if we're gonna have any chance against the Jazz at Salt Lake.

7. Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters Member

so poor so poor.......

8. Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters Member

wtever....
    i would like to get JAZZ in playoffs.....
    let's beeeeeeeeeat them for revenge

gooooooooooooooooooooooo rockets...........

9. comehere2

comehere2 Member

i really don't wanna see T-mac with 23 points (30%-40% shooting) and 7 ast at the end of this game.

he has to step up. play big.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

well, I wasn't being 100% serious, I just don't know what to think :(

11. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

The only thing I know is the Jazz can score faster than the Nuggets. I try not to think about it.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Jazz will lose, why? SAS and UTAH wants to face us. Utah has tie breaker so if they win this game, and spurs lose, we play SAS. Now im sure utah wants us insteads of suns. Of course utah is playing spurs on road soon. So unless utah plans to have a tank battle with spurs, they will not win this game if they want to play us in playoffs.

Thats why we lose to denver, it was a definate tank, i have never questioned tanking in the rockets before, but this time im 100%. This is a game of chess, 8th seed can beat 1th, its all about matchups

13. Pringles

Pringles Member

those are big ifs statement. i seriously thought we had a chance at number one to go against denver, but i guess the rockets management didn't think so. :( i'm guessing bobby and battier will be playing since this is basically for hca.

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Ok, we all know Jazz are almost unbeatable at home and we will have to work extra hard to win this one.

But I belive. We just gotta have energy which we didn't have at Denver. We gotta belive, we need to fight, attack the basket and hell play defense. First of all we need to win it in our heads, but I'm sure players are motivated.

As I said we need to attack the rim very hard, McGrady needs to finally get his J rolling but what's important he has to drove, drive and drive again.

Come on Rockets, WE WIN!

Go ROCKETS !

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Even I thought we had a chance of playing nuggets, but after my brain came back down to earth, I looked into the timetable of the Lakers and the hornets. You all should look at it now, even if we beat nuggets, the chances of us actually reaching first place is minimal. If we do not reach first place, we're probably third or second. That means we're playing against Suns or Dallas. And that is a major disadvantage to the rockets.

IMO we're picking our moves right now like chess. We laid a decoy move and utah and spurs fell into it. If Utah wants to face us, they CANNOT beat us tomorrow.
    I repeat, if Utah wants to play us in playoffs, they cannot beat us tomorrow.

If they do, spurs can tank their last 2 games, and because utah gets the tiebreaker over spurs, spurs will be fourth seed and utah will be third. I'm sure Utah wants to face us instead of phoenix.

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

GO ROCKETS!

17. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Member

But what happens if they beat us today? On a more serious note, I can see the Spurs tanking for playoff position, but for some reason I have a hard time seeing the Jazz do it. I really think they will come out gunning and probably hand it to us this game. If we do win, we will just barely squeak by in the final minutes.

Pugs

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

call me crazy but i'd rather start the playoffs on the road and try to steal one anyways.......we are not a good frontrunning team with both opening games at home......we play much better with our backs to the wall...

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If they beat us today, they will own tiebreaker with spurs and as a result they will be third, spurs will be fourth. Spurs can tank their last 2 games and they will get to play us.

I'm sure utah wants to face us much more than phoenix. Right now the regular season wins aren't important, its the matchup that is. Spurs and Utah are fighting to play us. If Utah chose to beat us tomorrow, they're letting us play the spurs.

20. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Member

Thanks for the break down, but I really just made that comment because you put "tomorrow" in there instead of "today." No biggie. I have to say I agree with you though, to a certain extent. I can see why the Jazz would tank, but I still have trouble imagining the Jazz actually doing that. Maybe it's just because the Jazz always seem to own us, or it's a close game and I find it hard seeing us blow them out.

Pugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.