1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 12/7/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2017.

1. riko

riko Member

I dont think you understand how tough of a defensive unit Utah is in Utah. They have a season average of holding teams to 93 points there. They had won 6 of their last 7 games overall as well. This was a huge win because of those factors and the maturity we showed to win despite not being anywhere near our best.

Reeko, Richie_Rich, hakeem94 and 5 others like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

When Barfley mentioned this team is not better then last seasons team despite the Paul addition and frankly every stat suggests we are i almost snapped.

#882 riko, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Reeko, Killatron 2000, Remlap and 5 others like this.
  3. OTMax

OTMax Member

I realise that and impressed we won, but not the way we won. Point taken. Just some things really bothered me.

4. riko

riko Member

It's a 82 game season. You cant always play perfect so sometimes you gotta fight it out and win ugly.Ugly for some teams is wining with 90 something points but our offense is so good that our ugly games are 113 points scored.

Reeko, Killatron 2000 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

we were up 20 in the 4th and never let the jazz come close

with Cp3 and Harden taking and making more midranges than usual

and Mr. "We Don't Take Enough Midranges" is stil not happy

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hey complainers going to find something to complain about RIGHT?

Great job Mr. PERFECTION

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Finally the Rockets play

8. rockpileindisma

O look the bafoon who wants to trade "fat and lazy harden" for klay Thompson...

Reeko and BigShasta like this.
  9. rockpileindisma

An odd conclusion would be you wanting to trade harden for klay Thompson

Reeko and D-rock like this.
  10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That about sums it up for me as well. I haven't watched a game in a while although I've been following box scores and the team. The game lacked excitement. I felt Utah put up a good effort. I felt like the Rockets should have won by at least 20 but it felt like an off-night even with the win. But, the game was a borefest imo. I'll hope for more excitement next game.

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Emotions run high and bringing up old stuff does not discredit anyone’s opinion. It’s a flawed concept used by politicians a lot when they run out of things to say.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This was a good win because it showed that we can dominate in a grind it out type of game. Was a little concerned by our lack of ball movement at times in the half court, we seemed to play slow tonight. But our defense was good and having a guy like CP3 who can always get a good shot when we play "dribble out the clock" offense was extremely valuable. He's much better at that than Harden.

cdxiong likes this.
  13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

People are really upset we didn't win the way we were supposed to win!?!?!?!?!?

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

don't understand the hate of the Rockets in that victory. We blew the Jazz out in the 3rd and it was game over after that. Sure it was a sloppy ending a bit but we were up like 20 with like 5 minutes left. It's human nature to let up a bit, nothing wrong with that. Gordon is still in his rough patch of games and he turned it over quite a bit late. They were probably trying to get him going. Warriors are known for their 3rd quarter blowouts and we did the same and yet some people are mad we didn't win by 20+? lol it was pretty much 20+ win and never got close as soon as the 2nd half start.

We started out very lethargic but probably due to a long layover and feeling out the defense, but we got it going pretty quick on the offense while playing great defense throughout the whole game. Even if our offense wasn't top notch, our defense held them down. It was another boring win and still bickering about the win lol

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

wait people are mad?

BoneYardDog likes this.
  16. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I think Harden and Paul were a little reluctant to speed the game up like we do to other teams..... I don't think people realize how good the jazz have been a the half court game over the last couple of years. Snyder seems like a really good coach in that aspect and probably would have flourished about 10 years ago..... still a really good coach but could you imagine how good he would be in a more traditional NBA....

I think it was a smart strategy by the rockets because you can't have too many empty possessions or turnovers against them.... they will use the clock and score in most instances.....

cdxiong likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

since cp3's return and only 9th game harden and cp3 are playing together 18 mins avg per game, rockets are

8-0
    1st off rating
    1st def rating
    1st net rating
    1st differential

with an improved harden as mvp front-runner again
    and a healthy and more efficient cp3 as point gawd

that's still not acceptable to you? you wanna change teams or sports altogether

are you mad at how we played while being up by 20?

do you think point differential should be higher? what's an acceptable point differential to you?

#897 vlaurelio, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  18. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Exactly, people should give credit to opposing defense. I thought we play a very good game on both ends of floor. Now I want see how they handle spurs next week.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  19. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

This team is getting good, I mean scary good..... like I forget that Trevor is even playing most times until he gets a couple of steals..... and that's a great thing...

We've basically gone from "man I hope Trevor can play well tonight" to "oh **** Who's that guy shooting the passing lane??? Oh thats Trevor" forgot about him....

What's even crazier is that he's been showing up exactly when weve absolutely needed him to......

LCII, BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.