1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 12/2/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2013.

1. quatin

quatin Member

Alright, not sure what you're trying to prove here.

You said and I quote:

I responded that, Brooks was getting his touch by making 5 of his 12 shots in the 2nd half. Garcia and Casspi were both 40%+ on 3s and 50%+ on FGs. People were making shots.

2. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Classic post-big win let down.

"We can just walk into an arena and win a game".... nope.

Sun will rise tomorrow. Parsons and Lin are missed

3. torocan

torocan Member

4th quarter
    Omri Casspi - 2 shot attempts
    Francisco Garcia - 1 shot attempt
    James Harden - 6 shot attempts
    Aaron Brooks - 6 shot attempts
    Patrick Beverley - 1 shot attempt
    Dwight Howard - 1 shot attempt

Total 4th quarter assists - 2 (Garcia and Harden)

So, 6 points down and our 2 sharp shooters get a grand total of 3 shots.

I would understand if Casspi and Garcia were shooting poorly, but they were shooting well tonight. So, either they weren't getting looks (offense flowing poorly), or they weren't getting the ball (offense flowing poorly).

Given that fast pace is a key for the Rockets, not pushing the pace and trotting up the ball in the 4th quarter is NOT good to encourage ball movement.

4. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

It's not bipolar. A lot of these people post only when we lose so they can jump on and attack the players they don't like. When we beat the Spurs in one of the best wins of the year, this board was quiet.

5. Sommermärchen

This loss is on Lin on Parson ....
    for being injured;)

6. Champ06

Champ06 Member

The injuries we have, reminded me of Yao & Tmac. At least at the moment, it is not that bad.....

7. N/A

N/A Member

One fact cannot be disputed. This guy does NOT know how to control his players. You think Pop would stand Harden's BS defense/holding the ball for 22 seconds or Howard's desire to play post when he sucks at it? Mchale doesn't have the balls or smarts to chew out Harden and hold him accountable or make Dwight to run the pick and roll? This team will get to the playoffs out of sheer talent but will be 1 and done at this rate. Mchale reminds me of Del Negro - inept.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Well on to the next one, we cant win them all.

9. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

This is the pretty much the pattern here......

We lose and there is always finger pointing and someone needs to be blamed.

Tonight seems to be worst than other nights

One minute a player is the second coming and the next game they are referred to as hot garbage or some other bad name.

Meh, it is what it is

This place is just that way.........I guess it is the way of the true Rocket Fan

Kind of sad :(

10. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

When Lin isn't the cream of the crop in defense. 36 points from James D leaguer Anderson is still worse then 29 from Gordon Hayward

11. howo13579

howo13579 Member

You mean without Harden Rockets gets a blow out win? Seriously, the team's offense wasn't that bad. Garcia and Casspi were pretty efficient. I doubt we'd score that much less if took away Harden's attempts. The game was lost in the 1st half when we kept giving up wide open shots. And McHale adjustment sucked in the 2nd half. Brooks on Burks? I don't care how good a player's D is, you have no chance guarding a sg who is 6 inches taller. And where the hell was T Jones? Yea McHale was was prob thinking we go small to out score them blah blah blah. How the **** do you outscore the other team if the keep getting offense rebounds. Asik was just as lazy at defense as Harden (maybe not quite, but close). Harden a superstar my ass.

12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i know he does. he is injured, and forcing shots. when healthy and simply shooting wide open 3s he's one of the best on the team. i am all for signing rondo and relegating him to a pure SG instead of PG wanna be.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Indeed

14. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

And we beat Portland in Portland.

15. eman

eman Contributing Member

Way too much dribbling. No ball or player movement. Harden 37 < Hayward/Burke/Burks 71. We need to play smarter on O and D.

Get well soon CP and JL!

16. Drphil

Drphil Member

Well pretty much. Everyone played horrible D tonight, but Harden's was just glaringly obvious and mistakes that keep getting repeated to the point that people are having Deja Vu.

17. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Is there a reason why we didn't see Harden Howard p&r ALL NIGHT, especially when we needed a bucket?! WAAAAAY too much ISO in this game. Harden stand around and dribble dribble dribble until the clock winds down then a mediocre pass with no time left on the clock to force a bad shot. C'mon, is that really the best shot they can get?

The Rox defensive effort was pathetic. Utah had really good looks most of the night whereas Houston took a lot of contested jumpers... credit the j*zz for playing defence :mad:, but the rox had their chances at the end and they just blew it. I thought Harden looked exhausted out there at the end of the 4th as evidenced by his sloppy ass pass to Cassipi who wasn't even looking. McHale has got to manage minutes better, even if they are short-handed.

I really, really hate losing to the stupid freaking j*zz

18. N/A

N/A Member

Anderson was too big for Lin. He had no chance. If you saw the game you would've noticed that. Not sure why you had to bring Lin into this when he didn't even play. Both are not great at D but Lin is much much better than Harden is and actually makes effort. Asking for effort from James isn't being unreasonable imo. Keep everyone accountable - including "superstars"

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yeah, yeah lol. I just kept hoping their season was a fluke, but it's not looking that way.

20. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

This post is scary if true. These guys pretty much carry the offensive load. It's apparent from tonight that missing more than one of them will hurt the team. If this is true, especially for whatever is ailing Harden and Parsons, the coaches need to figure out how to cut down their minutes so they're not overplayed every game.

On a different note, Hayway's shooting percentage was ugly before coming into this game. He just got hot and shot like he couldn't miss (similar to James Anderson in the Philly game). I agree that Harden needs to put more effort on D, but honestly I don't know if that could realistically be asked of him in this game when he was the sole playmaker and he knew he needed to focus on offense. Not trying to give him an excuse, just trying to put his role in perspective.