1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 10/29/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2014.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Have you noticed the sky is blue and the grass is green?

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

And there are no lakes in LA nor grizzlies in memphis.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

There was an asian woman sitting behind the Jazz bench.

4. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Just for fun I used to try and find a black person in the stands at the Jazz games....most if the time i'd fail to see one.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Great job tonight from Ariza, Dwight, and Papa; this is going to be a fun year

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Harden has started the season with some pretty bad shooting, but has easily been our best guy so far.

10 assists and I want to say all were for 3s. He just draws so much attention and frees the rest of the team for open looks.

Hope Bevs injury isn't serious.

Not much to complain about after our first 2 games.

Ariza is the truth and is making Parsons an afterthought.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'll say one thing, there was some major defensive adjustments at the half that i never saw last year.

Not sure if it's Dunn, or that Ariza can and Parsons can't.

8. Dino

Dino New Member

Kostas seems to be getting more comfortable. He had an average of 42,5% from the 3point line in his 5 euroleague seasons so I guess him scoring more than 10 was just a matter of time. After his 3rd 3, he's like f*** you!!! xD. Classic Papanikolaou.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'll say the funniest thing about this game is the Jazz crew started talking really positively about our team through the second half, like someone from Root told them, no talking bad, we're buying their network.

10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Great RB2B wins to start the year, granted both those teams won't make the playoffs, but still, they will play spoiler all year for sure. Also not batting an eye with Bev out for a handful of games, Canaan will step up in that role. He's ready IMO.

Biggest surprise for me thus far has been Terry getting Daniel's minutes, didn't see that coming at all. Must be showing a lot of savvy and grit in practice...

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

More impressed with this win than in LA. Coaching, defense, assists, threes, it was all there. Great adjustments and substitutions by McHale and co. Harden really working hard on defense along with a lot of others, Papa was co-MVP of the game, Dwight still with them silly fouls but a great start, Ariza with the monster game again, Terry was very solid and TJ showed up for the 2nd half. Black will get there in a month or two I'm sure and D-Mo, well...not so sure. I rather have Garcia backing up SF a bit and Papa full stretch 4 back-up as well as SF. Beverley was also efficient and Canaan was alright. Solid win.

12. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

team does not play to his strengths he is NOT A STRETCH 4! if the team plays him this way he simply needs to get traded.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Harden said after the game that the team made a concerted effort to play better team defense in the second half. The results speaks for themselves.

To me, getting rid of Asik, Parsons and Lin (less so than the other two) greatly improved the chemistry of the team. This is now a team, not an agenda driven club.

Still, as always, there is room for improvement. Black has potential, but he is a rookie. If Morey has a chance to get a better backup 5, he should do it now. We are more than fine at sf with Ariza and Pappas. Not to worried about Bev injury. Canaan, Terry and Daniels should be more than enough to hold the fort until Bev recovers. More importantly, Canaan and Daniels should view this as an opportunity to prove their worth. Canaan, in particular, is ready to make the big jump. Give him some big minutes and you guys might just be pleasantly surprised.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great win. Doesn't matter Utah is still a bottom feeder. Last year we would've either lost this game OR been behind majority of the game then won in the final minutes. Instead, we won comfortably. It's still early, but we look improved from last season.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn, I fell asleep at halftime. Oh well, at least we won.

16. mosby

mosby Member

I can see papa being a starter next season

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

You're showing your age :p

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Utah always gives us trouble

Glad we won and ariza has been such a great signing

19. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Did you all know that there is free look on NBA website until 11/4 for all games?

Full live games anywhere!

Good till the Miaimi game on 11/4

That is all

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Salt Lake City metro area is 86% white and 1% black. By comparison, Houston metro is 66% white and 17% Black