1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 10/29/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2014.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

matt harpring, the milkhair of color commentators

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Love that we actually have real 3pt shooters this season in Terry, Ariza and Terrence Jones.

3. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

1.) Ariza playing better than expected so far.

2.) We'll need more than Pap and Jet as a bench.

3.) Just two games in, but all of our opponents scored below 100. Is our defense really improving?

4. hvic

hvic Member

The back up pg for the lakers was out playing Canaan.

5. archinkent

archinkent Member

Starting lineup looking very solid. If the bench can just step it up a bit, I like our chances.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Papa looks like he has a skillset that will work very nicely in the NBA.

Not the most athletic player, but able to contribute in a LOT of ways, and can get a long looping layup for himself, or change it to a pass for someone else. Give him 20 more games and he will start looking real good.

Harden looked like he could score anytime he wanted to, and that's despite shooting badly.

Good win.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Isn't that most teams throughout NBA history? Having Asik was a luxury not standard practice.

8. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Let us know when Lin scores 40 in the conference semi-finals.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Favors may not be better than Howard, but he might be as good. His impact on the game is about the same and his stats. from last year are very close.

10. dmc89

dmc89 Member

My goodness. Trevor Ariza. I was skeptical of his return, but after tonight I'm really glad he came here.

11. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Business as usual.

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I shouldn't have to tell you that shooters can pour it on when hot. Remember who was guarding him against the Lakers too. What can AB do when he's cold though? There is a reason he has bounced around the league.

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Ariza>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Parsons

14. Remlap

Remlap Member

Harden to 3ZA. A beautiful thing to watch.

Pop did a nice job finally finding the basket from the arc as well. Hit 3 treys in
    the 2nd Q. The Kostas with the mostess! lol

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Lin has been bouncing around quite a bit too. Brooks has a far better NBA resume than Lin at this point.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Beverley injury is a big deal. Perhaps its time to fire off the Canaan..

17. NotChandlerParsons

lakersground.net is missing an idiot right now.

-

Thoughts on the game
    - Good to see Pap find his three point range. I hope he'll find it sooner rather than later.
    - Quin Snyder might be a good coach. Jazz offense looked okay despite the severe spacing issues they have.
    - I hope I'll never see the Canaan/Terry backcourt again, but if Bev is hurt we might see it on Saturday.
    - That said, Terry looks pretty good. If he can just drill some 3s, that deal will have turned out better than expected. I thought he was totally cooked. I still feel weird cheering for him, I actually started to cheer when someone (Gobert?) blocked his pull up J.
    - Ariza was great. It's crazy to think that years later he's actually grown up and learned to play to his strengths. "Hearden" is going to feed him so many transition 3s.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Rockets finally have good shooters. Ariza is going to feast on those corners. Parsons didnt know how good he had it here in Houston. Ariza with 20 pts on mostly jumpers!

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Fair point. I firmly believe that Lin is a better PG than tunnel vision, one trick pony, defensive sieve AB though. He simply has too many weaknesses to be starting for any team hoping to contend.

20. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Good win on 2nd night of a back to back games on the road. Hard to do no matter who you play.