1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 1/4/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are 9-8 since December 2.... including loses to Denver, Sacramento, Brooklyn, Orlando and New Orleans.

2. Nook

Nook Member

If you look at the rest of the schedule, and they beat the teams they SHOULD beat (4-5 seeds and below) and lose all the games to "really good teams" (4 seeds and above); they can STILL push for 50 wins and be in the 3-5 territory and be coming off of a long stretch of very good play.

The problem is that they have showed us NOTHING to believe that this is going to happen. They have beat the occasional "very good" team but have lost 2X as often against bad teams.

1 person likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. Stats might look good but good basketball teams don't lose this many games to this many bad teams.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Great post.

I'm going for the positive outcome and crossing my fingers for a few gifts.

The spanking we took against the Spurs was frustrating. We have shown that we can beat them and the Clips. IF we played with the same energy that we play with against Blake Freakin' Griffin, we'd be in a better place.

That, and if LowKeyMT got consistent minutes and Dwight Howard got 6-7 early touches to start things off.

5. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

I wouldnt even be upset after losing to gsw/ spurs if we won all those games we shud of won against those below .500 teams

6. bratna8

bratna8 Member

So, with the way we play defense and the way we turn the ball over with no significant changes in THESE TWO AREAS :mad: since the beginning of the season, you're still able to be positive. :confused:

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jazz gonna beat that ass dog.

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Basketball is a game of runs. A season is full of runs, with both losses and wins being the primary characteristic. I have the runs...oh wait, that's the radiation. Back on topic...;):)

How can I stay positive? Easy.

For one, we have 2 players that CAN take over games. One of these players can take over on offense and defense, but we've forgotten about him somewhere along the way. Some teams don't even have one player that they can look to for a bucket or game-changing moment. If you're objective, sober and have watched Dwight for a few years (including this year), he CAN still give you 22 and 12. He needs the ball though. (Internal Issue) If we go to him like we have lately, he will start changing the game like he did just a season or 2 ago.

We aren't injured!!!! If you're a Rockets fan, you know how painful it has been in the past to watch guys like Yao, TMac, KLow, AB, (Insert everyone) go down with season/career-ending injuries.

If this is our lowest point, or rock bottom, we can only go up from here, and personally, I think we're getting better, despite the recent losses. The effort is much better. There are guys who are speaking up, speaking out and playing harder.

Some may not believe in him because of his inexperience, but JB is a SMART coach. He understands the game and he's working with the roster he has. Has he made some mistakes? Yes. All coaches do, especially ones that become HC when their boss is fired for being equivalent to a mute in the huddle and locker room.

We still have half a season left. The rule still applies: You make the playoffs and anything can happen.

The roster is not set in stone. A tweak here and there and things will look brighter. Be Patient.

IF Ty stats this season, we've only seen a tenth of what he's capable of. What if he breaks out finally, and starts giving us 15 ppg? The assists are there...the shooting needs to happen.

We have a runner-up MVP that knows it's mainly on him, and he does care. Khloe's Vajita isn't the problem. It was pre-season prep, an inept coach, an imbalanced roster with too many _____, weak team building and an approach to the game that just wasn't intense enough.

We're Houston--we're always counted out and ESPN/reporters from all over defecate on us as a hobby. Hi, Shi%s Bayless and Screamin'A.

I could go on, but that's enough for now. I'm going to soak myself in some HOLY WATER since we are playing the Utah Luciferian Satans this evening, and unfortunately, our boys have to play in the city of horrible fans and as Lisa Ling showed me, millions of wives who judge others from their home computers while popping massive amounts of painkillers.

We look ugly right now, but yes, I see this ending positively. Winning the title? That looks bleak for now, but you never know. Changes in the NBA can make a pretender a championship contender over the course of a night.

HTown.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

All star voting? Really? That's what you are hitching your argument on to?

He's 5th in guard voting and 11th overall amongst Western Conference players which would put him squarely on the team if you just went off votes.

You really think Harden isn't going to be a coaches pick? Please.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets guard Ty Lawson is out with a sprained ankle. He's day-to-day.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/684175894861119488">January 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Damn, the bench lineup is about to be something awful

12. rockets13champs

The injury parade is coming

13. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Feck. Whelp.

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

How nice would having Gordon Hayword on this team with JH and DH? Man that would be an ideal player at SF.

I think the rockets win this one and I hope the next 4 games after heading into the Cavs matchup.

15. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Withey is gonna clown Dwight.

16. thejav

thejav Member

Injured or not..this team still sux..

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Can we please manage a victory tonight, guys? Pretty please?

18. malakas

malakas Member

Damn lawson out. Hope his sprain doesnt keep him out for many games otherwise it will be even more difficult to trade him

19. Nook

Nook Member

No joke. Just SOMETHING to give optimism.

20. Nook

Nook Member

They aren't trading him unless they are certain he doesn't fit in.

Best (only real positive scenario) scenario is he plays well and the Rockets decide to play hard and gel. If we are dealing him the season is basically over anyway.