1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 1/28/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2013.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

2. deedee82

deedee82 Member

http://www.slcdunk.com/2013/1/29/39...ton-rockets-125-at-utah-jazz-80-why-god-whyyy

Their still eating their hearts out on the night to go down in their franchise history books~

[QUOTETyrone Corbin went with the "All Bench guys" lineup that honestly no other head coach in the entire NBA uses, and the Rockets started rumbling for another blast off -- Corbin then went with a mixed line up, and then an All-Starters lineup. None of it worked as Houston went on 17-4 and 8-0 runs in the second. Kevin McHale was getting great results from everyone on the floor: Lin and Harden were carving us up. Omer Asik dominated the glass. Guys like Chandler Parsons and Carlos Delfino were making their outside jumpers, and finishing at the rim. This must have been one of the most personally satisfying regular season wins in Houston Rockets' Fans history.][/QUOTE]

I agree with the last line much~ :grin:

3. Spyckie

Spyckie Member

Anyone else really like PPat's sweet-touch 15-20 fter from the baseline? He doesn't shoot it often, but I remember seeing it in the past and thinking - man, he needs to shoot that shot more often! I can't remember a time it didn't go in.

4. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

I absolutely agree that the coaches and Lin managed to execute the game plan to use Lin with help defense to stop Jefferson and Millsap who killed us in the last game. With Hayward out, there was no consistent 3PT shooters to derail this plan.

I give the credit to coaches for sticking with the game plan even when Utah made their first 3 Pointers.

I also give the credit to Lin who managed to make the big men uncomfortable and passed the ball outside to the guards who were equally uncomfortable to make their shots. It actually were quite funny seeing Lin just deliberately slowed down not even trying to stop Tinsley from launching his errant 3PTers once he started missing them :) Truly a cruel mind game he put on Tinsley.

Yes, there were some great 3PT shooters (i.e. Lillard, Walker, etc.) who he shouldn't even try to leave for the help D.

Credit for the whole Rockets team (especially Delfino and Harden who killed them!) to make long 2PTs, penetration, 3PTs but it started with a great help D plan, Lin playing PG role as Calvin Murphy suggested, and coaches' adjustment to allow midrange shooting to create great spacing for penetration. :grin:

I doubt the help D will work against Denver as effectively with athletic big men and better 3PT shooters but one can hope other factors will continue to work well.

5. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

kmchale is our hero

6. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Oh great, now we got a McOF?

:p

7. bewy

bewy Member

Missed the game but good win!

8. Fighton

Fighton Member

was thinking that based on last night, that shot is like a layup for him in terms of percentage. he actually shot that quite a bit early on and during the first winning streak. but stopped shooting that during the losing streak. now it's back. not sure why.

9. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

I've found fault with McHale's coaching in the past and still do, but credit where credit is due. Using the guards to double the bigs without rotating was genius. The commentators even said it was the first time they've ever seen a team do that against Utah.

10. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

12. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I hope other teams do it now and knock them out of playoffs.

13. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

great idea!

p.s. any rocket fan could benefit by doing the same before any important chalenge in his life

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

15. andersongo

andersongo Member

Lin is an excellent help defender and can suffocate good frontcourts with his energy and propensity for steals. He gets badly burnt when he is playing matador defense against knock down shooters and in the future will gets scalded when he will face a team with good inside-outside game (beast in the post that scores every time he is one on one + deadly shooters waiting for his passes out of the post) due to his willingness to help his big men. Thankfully, there are no such deadly inside-out teams currently in the nba

16. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

no such thing

There is no such restriction in Utah. It is a state populated by the Mormons or Latter Day Saints. They are faithful but friendly and open minded people. Also quite a large % of Salt Lake City residents are non-Mormons.

17. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

great win

Great win by the Rockets. Now the coaches should make the players watch the game tape over and over again to help these young guys remember how to play an excellent game. So they can be more consistent to begin steam-rolling over western teams.

18. wil55n

wil55n Member

Is it possible to vote a Thread into the Hall of Fame? This game thread should be forever remembered.

19. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

I sent this link to a friend who lives in Utah on facebook. He unfriended me.