1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 1/28/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2013.

1. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

It's an hour and 30 more minutes to go. ESPN says the game starts 9:00 ET.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

The Knee surgery stuff is bull in my opinion. Lin is fine he is perfectly healthy & has been so for some time now. He just isn't a good shooter. But I am not worried about it, in his last two seasons in harvard I believe he was shooting pretty well from deep & obviously in NY he was shooting pretty well. He can get back to that. Tony parker had seasons where he shot well from deep & then the next year his 3 point shooting fell off the wayside. It happens. Like I said the roster will be different next year but he knows that Harden will always be his back court mate so he knows he needs to work on off ball stuff (he didn't know that this summer).

3. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

The knee injury excuse is legit. Look at how Rubio hasn't been the same since his operation. Shumpert hasn't been the lockdown defender since his knee surgery. It'll take time before Rubio and Shumpert are back to their old form. I would say it's the same for Lin.

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

@Jonathan_Feigen: Wat. Masaka, 1st Asian American in NBA, here to meet Jeremy Lin. Sitting behind Rockets bench to watch him warmup.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

No it really isn't it was legit when the season just started & he was still figuring things out & getting his legs under him. Not any more he has been playing fine & he has had great games where it was clear that he is feeling better his quickness is all back by now.

6. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

you are aware that those two guys Shumpert and Rubio TORE their ACLs?

Lin had a relatively minor torn meniscus. It's completely different scenarios that you're trying to equate

7. Caris

Caris Member

Very cool!!

8. just a word

just a word Member

omfg, Omer used to have 'good hands', a 'solid touch'.

WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT DID THE BULLS DO TO YOU???

I AM SO LEGIT CONFUSED.

9. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

OMG, really? I would have gone to the gym after work instead.:mad:

10. just a word

just a word Member

Chris Paul tore his meniscus, he came back after a few weeks but didn't really get to pre-tear form for a year. And probably took longer to heal because he tried coming back too soon.

11. cw3k

cw3k Member

For this game, we need Asik to put up another double double.

12. wil55n

wil55n Member

I'm a huge Lin fan and I am happy with his progress so far but after watching his quickness return to form in game, I firmly believe he just sucks at 3 pointers right now, no excuses. Although I am also a believer in this work ethic to overcome his 3 point suckiness in a few months from now.

13. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I had a knee surgery, and could barely walk upstair for a long time. It was grinding bone on bone. It took me over a year to recover.

14. Caris

Caris Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Pretty big group here waiting for Jeremy Lin. Lots of Harvard gear.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/296053762236231680">January 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]

We win by 16, 109-101
    Triple double for Beverley 2/2/2

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Nice. Lin can bring the Rockets support for away games too.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Motiejunas arrived today and immediately on active list. Terrence Jones a day away or so from working out full speed with a bruised toe.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/296057240530595840" data-datetime="2013-01-29T00:48:41+00:00">January 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

I'm aware that they tore their ACLs and with that comes a longer recovery time before they could even start playing. Lin's meniscus tear required way less recovery time.

Players need to met certain milestones before they can play - cutting, jumping, free of pain, etc. So all 3 players met those requirements meaning you can equate their situations because all the same requirements were met at one point.

19. jocar

jocar Member

their fans are still there

20. Karolik

Karolik Member

wow....