1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 1/19/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2022.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I love beating the Jazz. I really love beating the Jazz on their homecourt. Ha! Suck it Jazz. (I heard the Jazz announcer make a comment about championship runs with "John and Karl." b****, you got no championships. None. I guess theoretically every team makes a "championship run" at the start of the season, but still.) Loser Jazz.

All that said, what the hell are we doing? Are we turning into a legit NBA team that maybe perhaps could win any game? We need guaranteed losses this year. Next year we get to legit, the year after to the playoffs. And oh yeah, I agree with the play Green in the 4th. Am I missing something?

clos4life, Deckard and Verbal Christ like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sengun play well this game. But he was honestly drained guarding gobert.

Silas has his faults but sengun still needs his mins regulated.

He fell down on a possession. And it wasn't bc he got foul man just legit fell to the floor prob from stamina issues.

It's fine rookies sometime overextert going all out

Verbal Christ likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if anything jalen green taught us where you picked at is truly meaningless...alpi is pick no 16 and hes million times better than him and stone has to sit him games in order not to spoil the tank....

and Cylus, well Cylus taught us it doesnt matter if you get top picks or not, good players or bad, its all the same if your coach is clueless

keep hoping for jabroni or chet guy or whatever the newest empty hype is... if you happy with it then you are already set...

but these guys wont win you titles

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah i know the silas type too well... he only reacts to power, violence and disrespect.. hes not interested in quality play...he needs to do something out of control to get their attention and respect....silas rewards the competence NOT

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sure. But u have to accept the fact sengun still has stamina issues.

He was gassed guarding gobert. Silas giving him mins for games like yesterday will make it easier for big men to score

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

TRANSLATION: this shitty loser team is no fun for me...

aint no one time for work and family if rockets are doing well and winning...

DeBeards likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

that argument was refuted 1000 times before...you make yourself look like a massive fool....but if youre Cyluses mother i completely understand.... hes ugly but hes still your baby...

clos4life likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Did u watch the fking game yesterday or not. Sengun was fking gassed. I am not defending silas coaching competency. I am saying sengun needs to pace himself or get stronger. Man was huffing and puffing guarding gobert.

9. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Sengun's PT was north of 15 minutes. Silas let him to be in the court few more seconds. Still not 16 minutes but improvement. I cannot complain because :
    - An away mins makes everything more acceptable
    -After seeing Heat's Eric gave a grand 7 seconds to Yurt7 for the last two games combined Silas seems very generous for a while. Yurt7 scored 22 and grabbed 11 against Embiid and got 7 seconds prize. I am not keen on Silas' reconstructed face but he gives 5-10-15 minutes to any player not insulting seconds. 20% of my dislike for Silus&Co gone last night.

I also liked Alpi's game last night. When he got the ball all Jazz players were in emergency call. I guess former Fenerbahce Istanbul duo (coaching associate Erdem Can and Bojan Bogdanovich) warned others enough about Alpi. Great game, great win.

don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont have to watch i have a brain, a slightly bigger and better than yours....
    1st of all i distrust you ability to judge if player can play or not stamina wise based on their outward appearances... i get concerned looks from people all the time yet i still out run them all the time....its simply their projection of what they personally find troubling and cumbersome

even if he were gassed hell of course hes gassed he gets no playing time... he didnt play real games since he came here

never mind you still play him, let him build the stamina, let big centers score on him dont pretend like you care if you win or lose... let him win ROY and NBA experience

if its the stamina issue then its even more indictment on silas and stone... this is nba and you cant teach people to shoot? , cant teach them to execute plays?!, cant teach them to set proper screens, cant give them proper physical conditioning?!!
    what youre good for then?

[​IMG]
    @CXbby
    @Salvy
    @aaquaa

clos4life, Salvy and Ankara1923 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i like your humbleness and ability to be satisfied with baby steps... good for you... i can only find happiness right now in limitless slander of Cylus:D

Ankara1923 likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Can't really btch about not enough mins if when given mins the player get gassed.

Yes U r right silas is prob doing a poor job conditioning sengun and all the criticism.

I said it before I am not defending silas competency as a coach

All i said was sengun still needs to work on stamina.
    Giving more mins to a gassed player will lead to him fall and stumbling around. As a coach if u see a player out gas u sub him out so he can recover.

We have folks like u thinking sengun can go 30 mins right now no problem. When he was literally huff and puffing with what little mins he had yesterday. U should really watch the games.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Scoot had only one turnover but he still needs to tighten his handle greatly. He's gaining in confidence with his 3 point shot, which is good to see.
    Alpi made a nice deep open 3. That was encouraging. EG and Tate were all business and Jaygup continues to make progress. Last but not least Garrison Matthews was the player of the game. A shout out to Armoni Brooks too.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its useless and misleading.... you dont become a good 3 pt shooter by suddenly taking 1-2 3 pointers a game

Ankara1923 likes this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

Sengun after playing 2 mins last night...
    [​IMG]

DeBeards, Tuckankhamun, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good post. There's a couple of teams I will always want to beat on their own court, the Jazz up there at the top, and I always want us to win while watching the games, win or lose. I've said that before, but after I've calmed down, I look at the big picture, and the "big picture" tells me what you see.

We need to take advantage of this chaotic team, one of the worst in the league, unfortunately, play our young guys, develop them, and get as high a pick as we can. Take advantage of the trade deadline, find Gordon a good home, if possible, and say adios to Wood, maybe some other guys. We own our 1st round pick this summer. We don't have to give it up, or go through the stress of the "maybe, maybe no" giving it up to OKC or anyone else. Next season is next season. That's another story.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Never forget that you have some idiot within you.
    Never forget that voice that tickles your brain and tells you to post it because, idiot.
    You are an idiot starter.
    You are an idiot replier.
    Don't let anything stop you and most of all remember that others have their own version of idiot inside them too.

I find the Spanish speaking members on here to be inspiring. They are well versed in this and have always known the idiota: It deserves its own thread... always.

I know I'm inspired.
    There. I said it.

#857 don grahamleone, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    hakeem94 likes this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I didn't say that, it's a good sign that he can develop his jumper. That's all.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. VoR

VoR Member

KMJ also played defense for a change.

saleem and don grahamleone like this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Man, this has been an awesome stretch. We've beat the Spurs and the Jazz. Now we just need to beat the Warriors, Lakers and Mavs and our losing season will feel worthy! It makes me feel like we could beat them in the season series in the coming years and perhaps win a few or all the playoff series in years after that. Gives fans A New Hope.

Tfor3, hakeem94 and Deckard like this.