1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 1/19/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, go ahead and double down on ignorance then. When you are arguing against facts because you wish they weren't true so that it didn't harm your narrative, it kind of makes conversation break down.

I mean, part of me thinks you are trolling me here....that you really do know better and are just pretending to be ignorant.

We'll see.

GotGame15 likes this.
  2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Someone check on @D-rock . His sabbatical is getting long in the tooth.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im just going to pretend you know what a fact it is.

it is a fact bobby needs to go to bed, lol.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He was posting yesterday or the day before. lol.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, that's what I thought, you were just trolling.

I'm sorry your kid was so awful tonight. Sleep it off and you'll feel better about it in the morning as you start to convince yourself he's Kobe Bryant all over again

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not trolling you bobby. I really dont think you know what a fact is.

bobby fact: bobby thinks I think Jalen Green is Kobe

Never once have I said JG was Kobe ever, never referenced it ever..

That's a classic bobby fact.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a fact that KPJ was being benched for the second half of the game and that's why he left. Stop embarrassing yourself and look it up if you aren't smart enough to simply agree with me.

Continuing to double down on being wrong is just a bad look.

I expect better.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

its on me, my bad bobby.

[​IMG]

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Is it because Landrys caters home games?

Deckard likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Can u reference that?
    I heard that story being spinned for why he quitted on his team, I also read Silas "said left thigh injury".
    Another one was Porter became upset and left the arena after assistant coach John Lucas challenged him, revisiting an issue that led to Porter losing his composure on the bench during the first half.

Lots of stories floating around, it's quite convenient to pick the one that best suit your narrative.

I still think KPJ deserved a chance regardless, just the story why he left is kinda murky at best and quite difficult to declare unclear events as certain facts.

Unlike wood, KPJ actually took the punishment to heart and strive for improvement. Wood is still half assing it on defense and forcing smaller guards to do his job on defense.

#810 DatRocketFan, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Ah, you're one of the new idiots. We can always use more idiots on Clutchfans. Welcome aboard!

D-rock likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

uh oh.. now you've done it, lol

[​IMG]

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Most fans concentrate so much on the offensive side of the ball, scoring, and assists. I watched Sengun all night and he did so many positive things on the court. Sets effective picks, boxes out, tips rebounds to others. He is a rookie and has work to do, but he did not have a bad game tonight if you look at his game in its totality.

The defense KPJ has been playing is phenomenal, but the haters only concentrate on his faults. He had a bad turnover down the stretch, but for the most part his offense was really good tonight. His defense was way better than good. He bodied up Golbert on multiple possessions and won as many match ups as lost. Over the last 20 or so games he has been our best defensive player and that includes Tate whose height will always be an issue.

Jalen Green gets too much love and too much hate on this board. HIs defense is improving and his offense is streaky. He’ll figure it out. Patience is key with this team. Wood needs to go.

Deckard, Sonicbun8, jch1911 and 8 others like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Oh completely agree. Sengun had a fine game, but he was getting drained doing it all.
    I applaud his efforts cause i rather have that than whatever Wood was doing on D.

Out of everybody this game, I was most vocal about Wood. WAtching him force the smaller guards expend energy guarding Gobert was disgusting.

16. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I agree with ALL OF THIS...i think we will see more development focus after the trade deadline...but if we take a step back and analyze our young guys, I think we have great potential to work with, so I am still happy with the young core we have. It's tough to be patient because we want instant results, but we have to remember these players are really young and inconsistency is part of the process. But I strongly believe, once they figure out...WATCH OUT!!!!

raining threes likes this.
  17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Silas probably has something to do with Wood’s defensive assignment. He just does not have the strength of mind or body to guard large human beings. He is probably the softest C I have ever seen. I’ve certainly never seen any basketball player worse at setting picks.

Deckard, burlesk and raining threes like this.
  18. VoR

VoR Member

Jalen is young and streaky. When he is cold GMat gets hot. I’m okay with that. GMat seems to prefer the bench.

burlesk and DaDakota like this.
  19. raining threes

He's working his way back from injury.

20. raining threes

I didn't get a chance to watch the game. But looking at the boxscore they won because they cut down on the TO's and didn't get beat to badly on the boards.

VoR and DeBeards like this.