1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 3/12/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 12, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fire bickerstaff

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I am probably one of the guys whose very harsh on Harden this year.

But I never judge him babe on how much points he scored, but obviously that's the only thing cared by most of the fans here.

As I said, in terms of efforts, decision making, passing and how long he dribbled the ball ect, this is one of his better game of the season.

Shots may not fall all the time, this is actually a game his teammates should pick him up, but they failed.

Harden ain't the reason the Rockets lost tonight.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hornets are an elite franchise and historic team.

Can't really expect to beat them ever.

4. Mr. Clutch

He didn't turn it over at least.

I feel though that he's just settling for bad jumpers instead.

He's gotten picked off so much trying to drive that he's shooting a career high 3point rate

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Part of me believes that this entire 'switch on everything' philosophy was implemented to mask Harden's ineptitude.

6. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

This!!! Bev is garbage now

7. yuko_dude

yuko_dude Member

Some Guys really have to bring some consistency to their own comments here. Imagine, Harden goes for 40,7,6 against Memphis, you will be like GOAT. I know we lost a game, and you need to express your feelings. But c'mon, we played a really good team on the road, came back from 19 down, were tired down the stretch. But I will be more disappointed as an OKC fan :D Lost to the T-Wolves at home, after leading in the forth

8. Mr. Clutch

I think it's an NBA wide trend. It's effective when used properly.

Harden's presence makes it worse because he walks around slowly when switching.

9. fchowd0311

When your best player is your best player ONLY because of his offensive production and gives you TWO FIELD GOALS, yes it's your best player's fault.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Once again...I don't understand what point you're trying to make. All I said was Harden didn't play well tonight, which he didn't. That is a fact.

I'm not one of those guys leading the Harden hate mob like fchowd Mr. Clutch or FTW. I'm a Harden fan. I also know when he plays well or not, and tonight was not a night where he played well. Whether or not he was the "reason" we lost is irrelevant, because he did not provide the usual offensive production we rely on him for, and that hurt us. I defend Harden more than most, but when he is not worth defending, I am not going to defend him.

11. fchowd0311

His mannerisms are of an old man half attempting to 'show' that he is committed by swiping or shuffling his feet.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Let me say this, Dmo actually will do lots of smaller things offensively to help his teammates, his pick for open 3 point shots is probably the best of the team.

But really he can't rebound and his can't move laterally and he often overplay the double team and lots of the the guards even split pass his double team and straight driving to the basket.

Dmo really isn't a good defender, not even close.

And offensive, he ain't even close to Kanter, especially on rebound.

Plus his health issue, hard to see his future with this team.

13. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Nah bro you're just a hater, Harden is just tired from having to carry this team to a .500 record, it's not like he's a coach killer or lazy, he conserves his energy for the 10 3 pointers he has to jack up every night.

1 person likes this.
  14. Mr. Clutch

Plus someone is gonna over pay him (max from Cuban).

15. fchowd0311

I remember Harden's first 3 seasons here where when he was in his triple threat position, I would have no clue what he would do. Is he going to blow by his man? Shoot? Dish?

This season, I pretty much know he's going to shoot.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Actually he didn't take many bad shots tonight, I don't remember he took any fast break pull up 3 tonight, which is one of his favorite selections this year.

Again, as I said, I don't judge a players performance of how much points they scored.

Scoring 40 but having 8 tovs causing the other teams of 16 fast break points is probably the worst thing you can se.

17. Mr. Clutch

Yep. He's lost a step. Which is crazy for a 26 year old. I don't understand why people don't see it.

18. Mr. Clutch

He's also playing off the ball more.

Which is fine, I guess. But that's not how we won last year.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Harden has a bad game and he's lost a step? Lol how about when he puts in 40?

Dude is in his prime I don't know why people can't see that

20. Mr. Clutch

Last year was his prime.

Not looking like he can be an MVP caliber player again.