1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 12/28/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

heh. Well while we're busy signing players on other teams' rosters, why don't we sign Garnett, Nash, and Marion, too... I think Barry Sanders would run the point pretty well. He's a free agent. I hear Reggie Bush will be available in the draft. That cat's got mad handles. I hope we get a high lottery pick ... I'm only half joking ;)

2. waterflea

waterflea Member

But we still have the worst back court of all NBA teams.

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Does that even make sense? :rolleyes: . i'm not the only one who thinks swift has been inconsistent. seriousely, what was the dribble you just wrote meant to mean?

4. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

The main problem is we just dont have any bulldogs or any bonafide primeter defenders. Wesely is to short, hence opposition players can easily shoot over him. head is to young. Swift needs to become more consistent too. i really hope this was the turning point for him. you could see how happy tracy was for him.

5. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

They are not the worst. they had better record than Rockets before this game. Let's NOT use last season's record as a reference. Each season is new.

Hope Swift really is turning the corner. There is hope, though it's diminishing every game. Hurry up guys. :(

6. xlr817

xlr817 Member

I think we should'nt panic just yet and start to trade our draft picks, or worst, Head. I think he's our future, just give him time! We need youth in a bad way, forget all these "veteran players" or old players! Short term "band-aides is not the way to go. Look at the Barkeley trade of the past, we were good for awhile, then became old real fast with alot of "veteran Players"! Look at the elite teams, the Spurts ( good & smart draftings, plus it didn't hurt that they tank the season to get Duncan!) I remember them not gettin' desparate & traded for alot of old players! Same goes with the Pisst-ons! I think smart & sound scouting in the draft wit some luck is the way to go, no reaches or hype! Going for the best player possible! Yao & T-MAC are not like in thier early 30's to be gutting the future! The only one should be desparate, unfortunately is JVG! However, I'm still not sure if he's the right coach for this team. Oh well! I'm crossing my fingers. ;)

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Teams usually look for expiring contracts around February. Wesley and Moochie have low trading value. We shouldn't trade Stro.
    Unfortunately we need help now and it doesn't seem likely to happen.

8. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Exactly! The ROXS shouldn't get desparate! IMO, no quick fixes, give Stro & Head time, it's still fairly early in the season! ;)

9. TIM BREAUX

TIM BREAUX Contributing Member

Tim Breaux got somethin to say...and as usual, it's somethin damn important...so listen up ya'll...

Ya'll may be surprised by this...but I watch alot of ESPN, you know that sports channel...
    anyways I love that show....can't remember the name right now..."Beyond the sidelines...somethin like that...kinda like that show on "E", True Hollwood Stories...anyway..

The best shows are the one's where a person struggles in life before they make it...or they make it...struggle...and make it back! Those are even better! I love those....bring a tear to Tim Breaux's eye sometimes. Damn...like that one on Elway...Lance Armstrong...

Anyway... Nobody wants to see a "True Hollwood Story...or a "Beyond the sideline" about a person who wins ALL of the time...it's like that Rocky...peoples love that stuff...because we see ourselves in it...and we think "if he can pick himself up and fight...so can I". Look at the CLUTCH CITY rox...that was damn near inspirational.

So, my advice is to sit down and enjoy the ride...and look at it this way...this will make for one heck of a "True Hollywood Story...or a "Beyond the sideline...or whatever that show is called...

And oh yeah, the Astros...nobody believed...until October. And don't be sayin you thought they was goin to the WS back in April...only a crazy man would have thought that...BUT they DID...and it was DAMN FUN wasn't it.

The same could happen for our Rox...

Tim Breaux has spoken, and as usual it was right on target...now it's back to the bench...waitin for my number to be called.

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Here's something else I saw last night. I was astonished at just how slow the Rockets looked vis-a-vis the Hornets. They reminded me of how slow they looked against Dallas in last year's playoff series. Paul & Claxton simply ran right by our guards at will and that's not all. The Hornets were quicker to loose balls and rebounds. JVG is quoted as being upset with our defensive effort especially on the rotations where the Rockets were clearly a step slow. His implication is that the Rockets could have made those defensive plays but failed to execute is wrong IMO. I feel that they tried to execute but were too slow. This is/will be a continuing problem for the rest of this season given the age and makeup of this team no matter what its injury situation.

I also thought that Bullard made a good point when he questioned why the Hornets didn't consistently double team TMac because that was the question in my mind as well. Not doing so allowed TMac to go off so to speak. It would have paid off given the fact that Wesley didn't score after the first half and Swift's points would have been insufficient to secure the win. The book so far on the Rockets is that if you hold them to under 90 points, they lose. Oh well, at least the game was interesting until the end for a change. I'll need to see more games like this from Swift before I change my opinion of him.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I was referring to the Raptors, Jazz, et al, I can't recall beating one "bottom-feeder." And the Hornets are a "homeless" team playing in another city.

12. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

Tim Breaux -

I love your enthusiasm, but you've got to be high! Just because the Astro's (with three of the top 10 pitchers in baseball) managed to squeeze into the MLB Playoffs and then a World Series (which seriously exposed their lack of offense by the way), does not mean the Rox have either the same level of talent (even when healthy) or odds of making a midseason comeback.

Oh, and in case no one noticed, it's no longer EARLY in the season. We are now two games PAST the quarter pole and sinking instead of rising. The inability of JVG to find a single non-TMAC player who can shoot the ball is beyond inexcusable. I don't care how much T-Mac was offended by Mike James desire to shoot/handle the ball, that was by far the most idiotic Rox move since we failed to sign Rashard.

JVG has NEVER been able to consistenly coach offense in either league. And now JVG is struggling to find players who are even willing to buy into his Defensive game plan!! I swear to God I could play better defense against the penetration than half the Rox players. We are slow, stupid and bad at shooting. TMac is the makeup that only occasionally will help us to not look as ugly as this team has now become.

A move is ABSOLUTELY mandated if there's ANY hope of salvaging this season. I'm nearly in agreement with the "TRADE AT ALL COSTS" folks. While I'm not quite to that level of distress, I won't blame anyone who chooses not to buy another Rox ticket if they don't make a move soon. And someone on the freakin injured list needs to just suck it up and get their ass back on the court (JB). Hell, I've had knee surgeries that didn't require the same amount of rehab time. Be a man JB, get your ASS back on the freakin' court!!!

This is my first post in a long time (much too much work for me to spend time posting...).... but DAMN has this season sucked from the VERY beginning and the MIKE JAMES trade officially started the process!!! MJ man can shoot, and shut down quick penetrating guards.... Hmmm, what's the Rox biggest weaknesses, Oh yeah, it's shooting and dribble penetration!! :mad: :mad:

#152 Rockets-R-Us, Dec 29, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  13. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Hey, with so many YOF, why can't we have some SOB? I mean SOF ;) :p

14. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

couldnt have said it better. we were a mediocore team to begin with. thats what people don't get. we have 2 pieces (yao and tracy) and maybe sura.. thats it. even if we didn't have injuries this year, we would have found out the quality of players like anderson and swift.

imagine if we had a guard who can penetrate inside like parker, or a guard who can hit midrange jumpers like rip, hit those outside 3's like bowen. instead we got anderson who cant buy a basket even if his life depended on it and swift who cant make a easy layup from 2 ft from the basket. oh well. i still support them.

15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Preach Brother!!!! Preach

Now Can I get an Amen!!!! and pass the offering plate..

16. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

JB Alston and Anderson need to play instead of sitting with there "injuries" please JB ill take a stand by but Alston and Anderson please these guys have nothing here they prob. dont care about "Houston Rockets" basketball they need to find there heart and get back on the court and play ball, yall would help us now. DA can penetrate and play a little little D at least better than Bowen and we need that now we have no shooters except Tmac and wesley Head has fallen off the radar since his ot sending thriller. Rockets step it up and play ball.

17. TIM BREAUX

TIM BREAUX Contributing Member

Damn...ya'lls doin some serious playa hatin...

ok...sulk if you want to...Tim Breaux just tryin to brighten da mood...

18. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

DAYUM! HOW DO I GET INVITED TO THIS CHURCH??? :eek:
    THOSE ARE MY KINDA USHERS!

19. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

Amen!...I couldn`t agree more

20. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

Again, well said...I agree