1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 12/28/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 28, 2005.

1. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

*** this. Rockets need to sign someone or trade for someone who can score. Every freaking night the team only has 1-2 players scoring and everyone else aint doing ****. How much longer are they going to wait for the injured players to return and even when they do return its going to take them time to get back into playing shape.

2. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Hopefully JVG resigns in the next couple of days to spend more time with his family.

3. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member

each game it looks like our season is slippin away.. this was a heartbreaker.. i wanna see if we can bounce back from this 4 game losing streak.. does anyone think we can make the playoffs now? :(

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Can't complain about the game overall, Tmac did his part, Swift surprised, and the role players can't make shots. Good game, but the Rockets are losing to the worst teams in the league. If fact, the so-called worst teams look alot better than they do, their bench players can make shots. The Rocket's starters can't even make shots. Oh well, the game had some drama.

5. Himalayas

Himalayas Contributing Member

This is actually your character, why blame a player when he performs so good!

6. stro4swift

stro4swift Contributing Member

you guys don't deserve a guy like swift on your team..hope he gets traded to dunk in Yao's face again... :mad:

7. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Close enough. Too bad we lost. :mad:

Another collapse in the 4th quarter. Same ole story. :mad:

I hope this game showed Swift is turning the corner. If he can play like that consistently, a front line of Yao, Swift, Tmac can dominate most of the teams in the NBA.

8. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

What's wrong with you?

Some people criticize the player you love and therefore you want that player to get traded so he can dunk on another player on his current team?

#128 RocketForever, Dec 28, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The team as it currently stands would not make the playoffs. Fortunately, this is not the team we will have in 6-8 weeks. The Rockets will go to the playoffs this year and they might be pretty good once things get back to normal.

They are missing a HUGE part of their roster right now. If they were losing with all of those pieces of the puzzle on the floor, I would be worried, but I am not that concerned yet. It's still pretty early. If they can learn to be even close to average with this group, imagine how good they could be once they get everyone else back?

They need a point guard. Alston should help when he returns.

They need an outside shooter. Jon barry should help here.

They could use help in the middle. Yao Ming helps.

All these injuries should make for a stronger and more experienced bench later. It could be a good thing in the long run.

One thing that DOES concern me is the performance of some of the veterans who are not hurt. Veterans shouldn't be as inconsistent as these guys are. Howard and Wesley need to hit more open shots!

They will be OK.

10. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

my concern is : we will be ok TOO LATE

11. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

It might be too late in 6-8 weeks. They have to start winning now. Sign some one or trade, quit waiting for the injured players to come back.

12. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Even with TMac, the Rockets cannot hold on late in the 4th to win a game.:(

1-4 and counting.

13. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

The players we have on our team are a joke...old and rusty. Please sign artest.

14. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

yao wont be back for another month. we have no player except tracy who makes shots on a nightly basis. when one guy has a good night like swift today against hornets, then head makes 1-10. can't have that. we have a mediocore team and in order for us to win all our players have to play their best. we have no guard penetration, we have no outside shooting, all we had was yao's inside threat and thats not even there anymore.

#134 ndnguy85, Dec 28, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  15. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I agree. We're currently 7 games under .500. If we continue our slide and go 4-13 or something between now and February, then our season would effectively be over. And worse yet, we'll get everyone back and will probably start winning and make our lottery chances worse.

We can't half-ass anything at this point. Either we pull Tracy and tank the season (which would be depressing as hell), or we shake things up, make a high-impact trade to stay afloat now, in order to position ourselves for the stretch run, when we would hopefully get Yao and company back.

We've got Wesley and Moochie's expiring contracts, a promising rookie in Luther, untapped potential coming off his best game in Stro, and potentially a very good draft pick this year. At this point I'm all in favor of going for a "damn the costs" type blockbuster trade. Get involved with the Artest talks. Talk to Sacto or Seattle and try to land one of their pieces for cap flexibility and young players (read:Head) and/or draft picks. Do something, because the season is slipping away right now.

16. Stunna

Stunna Member

we will be OK, but like someone mentioned above, it will be too late. We will have to play solid, consistent basketball for a good stretch just to get back at .500. If we cant beat the jazz at home (yes i know tmac left at half) or hold a lead at NO, whats going to happen when we play the 'good' teams on our schedule...oh i know, itll be ugly losses like our game at Denver a few nights ago. Took a while for JVG to finally cut Bowen's minutes, but seems like whoever is out there is going to miss their shot, unless they have McGrady on the back of their jersey (and of course we will have some rare outings, like Swift tonight) but opposing guards just drool when we come to town and there isn't anything we can do but hope tmac gets 40pts and we pull out a win. I know we are over the salary cap, so what does that mean, if we do decide to sign someone we have to pay an enormous amount of money through a tax?? or that its just simply impossible to sign someone. I mean, I don't even know who would be an attractive pickup. Artest isnt coming to Houston, he will go toanother team in our conference which will be ahead by too many games by the time we are healthy. I'm glad people are optimistic, but its going to be too much ground lost these next few weeks (as we are already a handful of games behind the would be 8seed) to make a run for it. I may take a break from following games a little while, they are simply too Frustrating, agonizing, predictable, disappointing...and I dont see the front office taking any steps whatsoever to try and remedy the situation. I guess we will play the waiting game...another game the Rockets will lose this year...

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Message to CD if he's reading this:

Trade Swift while his stock is high, before he goes back to his normal self again. :p

Seriously though, same old story: backcourts toying with us at will, and when a guy plays above average (Swift) two or more other guys play worse than average (almost everyone beside McGrady and Swift tonight)...What's new? Same old song.

18. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

if we lose to GS next game, I think the season is over

19. crazy_script

crazy_script Member

Now the problem is defence not offence . Without Yao the defence chain got mess , that's why Rockets lost the game while Swift start to money . And that's not JVG's fault , just like you can not blame one who lost one of his arm .

20. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

^^^WTF??

SOMEBODY IN THE FRONT OFFICE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING!!!!!!....you assholes need to capitalize of the Astros World Series.

****!!!! sign artest, marbury, rashard lewis, larry hughes, clutch, oj simpson, SOME FREAKIN BODY!!!