1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 11/4/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2014.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

Loving the effort I'm seeing on defense. If Harden continues this level of a play on both sides of the ball he'll arguably be the third best player in the league. And it would be a damn good argument, AND more than enough to make this team a serious contender.

If this team can find a competent big to come off the bench, look out.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The third best player is officially Anthony Davis hehe

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Indeed. A combo playmaker is also missing. I think we are all in agreement as to what this very good Rockets team needs to improve. I am certain that Morey is not oblivious to those needs as well.

We are almost there guys, but we need to shore up this bench.

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

I'm not sure you should go back that far. How about just stopping in the early 1990's?

5. solid

solid Member

Where is T. Black? He is not even in the box for the game last night. Did he stay in Houston? Is his injury that serious?

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

From ESPN.com:

7. SuraGotMadHops

Last year, this would've been a game where Wade went nuts. When he started heating up, Ariza started guarding him and was able to keep him under control. Having this long, tall, wing defender that we did not have before is paying immediate dividends.

And no, this isn't an Ariza/Parsons comparison. It's a disservice to a ten year vet like Trevor to compare every good thing he does with a 4th year guy that isn't on the team anymore.

8. cdrive

cdrive Member

Word up. Anyone know anything?

Health. Health. HEALTH!

Please stay healthy, Rockets. Someone said it already, but the Rockets from the past 2 seasons would have phoned-in a lackadaisical effort and lost 1 of those 4 first games. We look so balanced. We just need to stay healthy.

Jones and Black both have bruised thighs and this worries the bleep out of me. Remember when Asik had a bruised thigh and was out for weeks and weeks? Granted it was Asik and bruised thigh turned into a knee thing, but still. A deep bruised thigh can be a day-to-day thing or a weeks thing. And they can linger & nag.

This is all I've seen recently:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Does not seem serious. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Sports_Realist">@Sports_Realist</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> Does Terrence Jones have a longterm injury or is it a one night precaution?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/529820515977146368">November 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. john rapto

john rapto Member

Greetings from greece. My boy papanikolaou had i good game and so did houston. But guys you can't say you are title contenders from just 5 games. And something else: offense may sell tickets but defence will get you the championship. So be glad that the team plays great defence!

10. jamie10

jamie10 Member

so happy rockets won yesterday 5-0 :)

11. solid

solid Member

Thanks for replying. Tried to rep you, but have to "spread it around" before I can give any more to you. Hope we get an update from someone.

1 person likes this.
  12. Mr Chuck Norris

We need to get some rebounders, when Dwight goes for the block

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Greetings!!

Yes agree. I think people are just excited and happy.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not that kind of flashback, rimrocker. This has to be a hallucination!

15. cdrive

cdrive Member

Appreciate it, solid. Repped as well.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I went to the Heat/Rockets game last night and both teams are legitimate championship contenders.</p>&mdash; Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/530076430705909760">November 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

in other words "The Rockets look like title contenders but I went to the game with Pat Riley so I have to make him feel good."

19. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

The team that got ran out the building last Finals and lost the best player in the league is a title contender? Great analysis.

20. kemah

kemah Member

lol

If this is the best the East has then the trophy stays west.