1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 11/4/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Winning on the road, winning on the second night of a back to back, playing good defense, dogs and cats living together...it's madness I say!

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

>25% of those belong to Ariza and I'm willing to bet >50% of those three have come off of Harden's passing. Just a great start of the season for these two in particular.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You mean the one that started with Threeiza picking D-whistle's pocket then stopping on a dime and busting a wide-open Threeiza? Yeah, I saw that!

Great team game - great ball movement - fun to watch. Double beard, kick it to a 3 pt assassin, double beard, drop it to D12:eek:

Unselfish, beautiful team ball with DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it.

Chalmers is a disgusting, shameful flopper. LOL at Bosh - wish you were here??? Money aint everything!!

(Houston)Real undefeated team vs a fake undefeated team (Miami)

SA is next!!!!!!!!

6-0.

#1423 Tfor3, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  4. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hNlfp_pUyAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HklMLBhTQMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3 people like this.
  5. Entropy

Entropy Member

He's already got 2 rings and a 50 mil + bank acct. He's ok with settling for an easy paycheck and a tan at the beach.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I recorded the game had some work to do - five straight by double digits, no one has scored 100, and 4 of the 5 on the road.

I am getting that special feeling.

DD

1 person likes this.
  7. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

Nice. Thanks for the videos.

Wish I could goto the game Thurdsay, but im stuck out of town. Guess ill have to sell my tixs.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This is one I'll watch again. So many good things about this game. Harden's new found defense isn't a fluke. He's really stepped it up. Papanikolaou is a player. Glancing at the box score wouldn't tell you the impact he had on this game. There's a reason he shot 25% and got 37 minutes from McHale. Ariza can't keep shooting like this, can he? Wow! Howard has been tremendous. The team's ball movement is so much better than last season, as is the shooting from behind the arc. The team's defense is improved, really getting cranked up in the 4th tonight.

Is this real, or am I having a flashback from 1967? It's all too much!

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Don't expect any credit until we beat a top 5 team. If we beat SA, then i think we'll start getting nationwide recognition. Right now everyone is saying oh houston has just played crappy teams so far.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Thanks for the videos for those who were not able to watch the game. Rep'd.

11. calcium

calcium Member

Juggernaut!!!

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Very impressive win on a back to back. Last year's Rockets wouldn't have gotten both of these games. Miami probably isn't quite as good as their 3-0 record suggested, but coming in without Black and Jones and blowing them out at the end was nice. Not getting too excited yet until I see how we play against SA and GS though, our defense will be put to the test.

Harden playing unbelievable ball, Howard played well tonight as well. Papanikoloau will develop over the next few months into a very good bench player. Canaan is impressing me with his big shots and his progressions. Beverley had a hell of a shooting night. DMo, well, let's just say I hope Jones is back next game. Same for Black. Really impressed with Ariza, obviously he will regress shooting wise but he's playing so well out there. His defense is great too.

Having Jones out shortened our bench and without Black Howard was gonna play more since Dorsey sucks.

I expect Howard to be around 36mpg and Harden to be around 38mpg, which is appropriate given how important they are to this team.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

I really want to see what the advanced stats says about him, right now he seems like a superior glue guy over Parsons in his time with us.

14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

anybody knows why did TJ and black missed the game?? i watched the Heat feed.

15. djperm

djperm Member

Rox are re-writing history 5 games into da season :eek: Yes sir, this is a Special TEAM that's already having a Special year :cool:

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We just beat Miami by double digits on the second night of a Back to Back, that's pretty darn good. It shows resilience.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Who knew we would find the answer to our 4 in Papa (well, for tonight). And Canaan is playing steadily. Those two are great off the bench.

18. i3artow i3aller

Rox - 1
    Dinos - 0
    [​IMG]

19. djperm

djperm Member

TJ has a knee/leg injury and tarik with a bruised thigh. Good thang the Rox got Depth that stay Redy to battle :cool:

#1439 djperm, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

That 4th qtr offense was a thing of beauty. Harden is running our offense in a very clinically precise way.

Good to know that the Heat tried things that would have derailed us in the past, such as doubleteaming Harden. Harden was able to find open guys on the weak side with some amazing passes. Heat tried to lock down Howard but Papa and Harden got creative with their passes into the post. Ariza got hot at the right time.

It's good to see the team genuinely like working together.