1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 11/4/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2014.

1. BamBam

BamBam Member

2. DreamEarlNolan

For all the talk of needing a third star I believe the Rockets may have found one in Trevor Ariza. The guy is clutch when it comes to shooting and is a great defender. Not trying to be a hater on Parsons, but I really believe the Rockets are better with Ariza.

3. HTM

HTM Member

OT but lol Lebron's headband... how big can a headband get before its a beanie?

4. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Asik is still missed. DMo just can't cut it at the center position. Otherwise, the Rockets might have broken it open in the 3Q. Kept letting the Heat coming back when DMo was in the place of Howard.

Depth of the front court is a Huge problem. :(

5. ribbit

ribbit Member

I wouldn't say the next game (Spurs) is the true test. You know how the Spurs are this time of the season. They're coasting. That said, we should win it.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody was responding so I took it myself.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...to-lineup-as-jones-lands-on-bench/#27967101=0

7. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

We played great, and I've known from the beginning that we looked like a better team.

The Ball is moving way better then last season, and our team defense has drastically improved. Only thing is team has to stay healthy and have to keep playing with the same intensity throughout out the season to maintain the level of play.

Im glad we picked up Pap,Terry, and Ariza they have been a blessing.

1 person likes this.
  8. trustme

trustme Member

Rockets point totals every game:

Opponents:

That's called consistent.

9. tarantula

tarantula Member

Five points alowed in the last 7 minutes. ****.

10. Aleron

Aleron Member

when does durant come back? he's literally on the team for that matchup lol

11. MONON

MONON Member

That was my thought also. What impressed me the most was their commenting on the Rockets great defense when the game was close. I like those announcers.

12. fwood_rockets

fwood_rockets Member

I think the Howard postups have been much more effective this year. He's been scoring out of them nicely, but I've seen a lot of possessions with great ball movement being initiated by the postup. Gets the defense on their heels, and that can really be exploited against a team like Miami who is very aggressive on the perimeter defensively.

13. Andrew Wiggins

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Ariza is WHO we wanted Parsons to be on defense and Battier to be on offense.

14. baubo

baubo Member

Best thing so far is that we're 4-0 on the road. I know it's been a mostly easy schedule, but road games are difficult regardless of opponent because of traveling issues. B2B in LA and SLC, then B2B in Philly and Miami. That we have swept these games is a sign of a great team.

If we can just be in the hunt by the trade deadline, I have no doubt Morey will add enough ammunition for a playoff run.

15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

But looking at the stats sheet, we have him listed as active.

Why isn't he inactive?

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For the 1st time in NBA history a team, HOU opens a season w/ 5st wins by scoring 100+ pts and holding all opponents to less than 100.</p>&mdash; Craig Ackerman (@ca_rockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/ca_rockets/status/529836817575870464">November 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. haydenfisher342

what was so good about tonight, and most nights before is teams are fronting Howard and doubling Harden, and Houston continues to make them pay. Teams are going to figure it out, and then harden and howard are going to blast off!

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

19. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

I'm still can't get over how great Harden is playing, I have never seen this dude ball like this.

Wow we should be so grateful having a team like this.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is some Potential on Offense and Defense