1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 11/3/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 2, 2019.

1. wesbound

wesbound Member

All we do is chuck 3s & every f*cking team that we play against shoots better than we do & are way more discipline on taking shots than we do.
    Our offense is ugly & it is not okay as the players & coach keep saying to reporters.
    Our defense is f*cking none existing. Enough of these garbage excuses.
    Van Gundy
    Tom Thib

Crashlanded19 and BasketMAD like this.
  2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

3. txn

txn Member

It's a conspiracy, everybody play bad in order for Morey to get fired, so that NBA and Rockets can get back to China. Then everybody can start to earn more again :) Conspiracy! Morey is the new Melo :p

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Tucker -41? WTF?!

5. riko

riko Member

The heat broadcast guys were laughing out loud when Dumbtoni had Gordon and Tucker as the PF and C . He had Tucker on Bam.it was sad. This man has officially lost it. Senile.The issues on defense are
    Tucker has regressed especially on the ball. He can’t stay in front of quicker guards like the last two seasons

Clint looks lost, no confidence and less athletic on defense
    Gordon is atrocious on offense but unlike previous seasons where he was a good strong on ball defender he looks slow.
    Switching defense dosent work when you don’t switch or rotate late.

This team is in shambles

6. riko

riko Member

Tucker’s defense has regressed mostly due to age

solid likes this.
  7. solid

solid Contributing Member

We all knew going in that this year's Rockets would require a boatload of adjustments. That has been the case. However, playing nada defense and not being able to hit wide open shots was not expected. And, as I said before, the Rockets look "out talented" by just about every team they play. Just not enough "horses" in the stall. Gordon and Capela have been especially atrocious. Harden has always been ball dominant and a volume shooter. Actually, Westbrook stunk it up tonight, but has been impressive in other games. May take time to come around, or may need to make some moves. As assembled right now, does this team even make the playoffs?

Gray_Jay likes this.
  8. riko

riko Member

Probaly not

Lakers
    Clippers
    Wolves
    Mavs
    Blazers
    Nuggets
    Jazz

All look significantly better then us.hell if Zion comes back the Pelicans can be better to.untill we fix this horrendously bad defense things won’t improve

BasketMAD and solid like this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm waiting for the Rockets to make watching basketball fun again. Morey and MDA have lost their minds with the midget ball madness. I hate it. Its no fun watching our opponents slam it into the hoop with ease. Its no fun seeing a few chunky guys on our team slowly make their way back down the court with no help on defense. It never was fun watching dribble dribble slow it down Harden ISO.

Harden and Gordon stink from behind the arc. Arms flailing, crying to refs, ugh. Both of them need to give it up to House and Tucker more. They don't deserve to take twice as many 3's. They have missed 102 3's already. That's hard to watch.

James and Gordon 28 of 130
    Tucker and House 31 of 68

Tucker .533
    House .467
    Gordon .239
    Harden .200

Westbrook had a terrible night, but he has been really fun to watch this year. He's averaging 2 steals a game 11 rebounds and 9.8 assists. He and Tucker are the only guys who seem to hustle on every single play, and fight for those rebounds. Too bad it's not enough. Too much ugly going on and Morey and MDA need to fix it. I want to enjoy basketball again.

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets bad loss and Fakers’ win over Spurs destroy my day.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Still can’t believe the Warriors are finally dead and we have this shitshow going on.

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

This is the worst Rockets game I've seen in a long time.

If Les was still the owner of this team, someone would've been fired already before the Rockets even got onto the plane.

A clear message must be sent to the team, this level of effort is unacceptable if your ultimate goal is a title.

The west is finally open and we're here stepping on our own toes.

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Isn't that the truth? So far, not so good. We might start shooting better but we will still be playing small ball. Morey and MDA are killing our chances by shrinking our starting rotations more and more every year. Lets just hope MDA doesn't go completely mad and start playing 5 guards in the rotation.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Our energy and effort would be corrected tomorrow. Phew, what a reilef!

[​IMG]

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

God I hope that family goes bankrupt purely so they don't own the Rockets anymore. Land on their feet with no dramas. But just don't own the Rockets anymore.

slothy420 likes this.
  16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We are in big big trouble.

jcmoon likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I hear ya man. I am with you here.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

when you start seeing delusional homers say we in trouble, you know we in trouble.

PeterKingX and ksny15 like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...-the-start-in-succumbing-to-Heat-14806612.php

“They jumped on us from the beginning,” Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni said. “They outran us and outhustled us and outplayed us. First quarter, they just came out and smacked us, and we just took it.

“At a certain point, you’ve got to fight. Little like last year, not enough tiger out there. We’re just not playing as hard as we should be playing, especially on the defensive end.”

“They brought an energy and effort from the beginning of the game we couldn’t match, and it showed. The score showed,” Harden said. “They’re a team that plays hard, extremely hard, on both ends of the floor. We can’t let teams outplay us.

“Energy and effort has to be there all the time no matter who we’re playing. For whatever reason, it wasn’t there.”

“Defend,” guard Russell Westbrook said. “We have to defend.”

“Then we try to overdo it,” D’Antoni said. “You try to compensate for the lack of intensity. Then you start talking and pointing fingers and all that, and it just goes south real quick.”

“There’s not really good energy with us,” said guard Eric Gordon. “We have to play for one another. For as good a team as we are — I know the type of talent we have — you have to play for each other. Because when you have bad energy, it gets worse for us, and it shows. It’s still early. We’re going to do whatever we can to turn this thing around.

“Now we have to get back to the basics of playing for one another and having each other’s backs defensively.”

“We are not in trouble, but if we think we are not in trouble, then we are in trouble,” D’Antoni said. “You have to have that appropriate fear. We have to work our way back.”

20. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

100%, I think it’s time to get worried, I haven’t seen them play this bad in a long long time. I’m fine with the O not performing today, but the defense post wizards game has not changed. WTF are we paying Elston Turner for?? I don’t think me sitting on the bench would be any different. 158, 123, 130 man this **** is unbearable. There comes a time pride should be apart of this, ive played HS ball, if one game doesn’t make you feel a certain way then idk how many more it will take to put some damn effort on that side.

Hardens selfishness and lack of effort on D along with WB also ball watching has been a bad combo defensively. It might take 1-2 solid defenders for this team to be even average on that side

deb4rockets likes this.