1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 1/8/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2024.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

:D:D:eek::D:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tfor3, Roomba and sirjesse like this.
  2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2024-1-9_11-35-31.gif

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Anyone got the Ime Udoka presser?

Switched to the championship game but id like to watch it.

sirjesse likes this.
  4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Yes! The most lovable Kangaroo that saves me time and money and causes me to live better in China! Dang it Silas! Why you even import national symbols of Australia to symbolize ordering all the Australian imported food in China?!?!? @WestendMassive

WestendMassive and Roomba like this.
  5. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I lost nearly 5 stones in three years period. Too much weight not so good.

6. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]
    Vitamin wont help when yo lose a game like this.
    (reported brutally)

don grahamleone and Tfor3 like this.
  7. maypk

maypk Member

He's not bad? Just out of curiosity, can you bless us with your ultimate basketball knowledge and tell what Jalen Green is and how the Rockets should use him?

Obviously, you know something that the posters, the Rockets organization, Ime Udoka, and most importantly, Jalen Green don't.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I googled 5 stone and it gave me 70 pounds?! That takes a lot of effort and dedication, props to you for that!

Ankara1923 and sirjesse like this.
  9. Melik

Melik Member

I don't think so.

10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Really need Brooks and Tari back. Our defense without Brooks flat af isn't the same.

Jeff is not a 20mpg every game player. Holiday, Tate too. 10mpg max.

Holiday < Amen and Cam.

Landale really can't play huh? Like at all? Brobro needs surgery on his ankle? Go have the surgery. He's so bad we were getting beat up in the paint and coach played FVV-Holiday-Jalen-Tate-Sengun instead.

You have Oladipo's contract, Landale's contract, Tate and some picks. At the least you have to shore up backup 5. I think Amen-Cam-Tari make up a forceful bench unit. Maybe use Jabari at 5 some, like a Amen-Cam-DB-Tari-Jabari line?

Really just need Brooks and Tari back. Goodness.

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Already knew this was going to be a loss when it took the team 6.5 minutes to open the game before they got Alpi his first attacking touch.

I don't know how many times we need to see a Tate missed 3 wide open in the corner, before maybe someone else is put in that spot and the same play is run. Seeing players make nice moves and passes to break down defenses only for it to swing to Tate to more often than not miss the wide open 3 is infuriating.

Also, biggest annoyance of this game for me was Tate not pleading for the foul as the second quarter was winding down and Alpi got his 3. We know Alpi fouled him and got his third foul in the first half. To not have a lesser teammate plead for the official and run after him with his hand raised screaming he fouled him instead, was pathetic.

Oh, and yeah Cam is 100% a better player than Green. Tomorrow, today, yesterday. Whatever way you slice it. I thought Green had an overall decent game today for his standards - real nice passing and not the terrible defense used to seeing. But it is clear as day Cam is already the better player. If he was given the minutes and touches Green is, his numbers would blow Green's off the page, of that I'm sure.

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Our team is like those Rockets teams we had in mid 2000's where we were not good enough to compete for the title, but good enough to fight for a 7-10 place. We need a superstar to finish off the rebuild.

ramotadab likes this.
  13. j@amc

j@amc Member

Green isn’t a difference maker. He can’t finish over veteran players, who either beat him to the spot or block his shot once he’s there. Cam’s elite finishing ability separates him from most. And he’s an accurate shooter.

I thought Cam was a Dillon Brook’s backup. He’s not. Go big play him at the 2-guard. Or let Amen play there because he’s more of an athletic threat.

For now, let Cam have more of Tate’s minutes. I love Tate’s hustle and tenacity, but those things don’t put the ball in the basket. We need spacing at the start of games and it’s hard to have that when Tate is out there.

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I would absolutely prefer Cam being the one in the corner who gets the swing pass for a wide open shot, instead of Tate.

I'm hoping as the season goes on Udoka continues this recent trend of more minutes for Cam, he just needs to find a way.

It's not difficult either, there's two prime candidates for reduced minutes in Tate and Green.

It's crazy that once again, early indication is that the lower pick in the draft is appearing better than the lottery pick.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Busty.....

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He can play the 2 alright, can play 3 and small ball 4....in due time....

ramotadab likes this.
  17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I respect Spoelstra, but I hate the Heat. Always finding a way to beat us. The worm will turn one day.

ramotadab likes this.
  18. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Jalen and Jabari played bad today, Cam really needs to get in Jalen’s minutes. Cam and Jabari needs to play at least 20 minutes a game

ramotadab likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As long as they do not form another Heatles.....

20. Holybats

Holybats Member

Just watched the game.We badly needed third scorer.The best candidate is Cam.His minutes should increase.

ramotadab likes this.