1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 11/5/2016 (HARDEN vs. HOWARD)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Nene finna get under Dwert's skin again.

2. Fantasma Negro

My only concern for this game is, whether or not Dwight knows if he should smile or not when he's on the court. I know he's worked with his psychologist a lot over the summer to fine tune his emotional reactions but as he displayed on Inside the NBA last summer, at times he gets caught out of position and gets confused on whether or not a smile is appropriate. That's the detail of this game that will have my fullest attention

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden (131.5 ORtg)

vs

Dwight (92.7 DRtg)

ramotadab likes this.
  4. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Capela vs Dwight, Who stuffs who?

5. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Atlanta playing very well in the first four games. Tough game.

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I'll say Ariza lol

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A must win, can't have that guy winning against his ex-team. Show him whats up.

Also I see some Hawk fans are wondering why the Schroeder-Dwight pnr isn't exactly working out....lulz.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dwight Howard is gonna destroy our front line...But the Rockets have the lineups to give him fits defensively. What is scary is how well they both are playing in different systems. This really tells me that coaching was ATROCIOUS...which may have indirectly led to the deterioration of play between the two. I can tell you that James Harden has this game circled...and so does Dwight.

ramotadab likes this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Rockets win. No one can stop Harden currently.

Dwight will lose but he will still get to grab some balls. May be Dekker's this time since Canaan no longer here.

ramotadab likes this.
  10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Nothing would please me more than seeing Dwight brick free throw after free throw against us.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Dwight Howard isn't playing well. Don't be fooled by empty rebounds created by Howard purposely cheating off his man and out of defensive position to pad his boards. Howard has been poor defensively thus far.

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Dwight's looking good and moving well this season. When was the last time he had over 25 PER in Houston or blocked 2.5 shots per game, or grabbed 12 rebounds per game? 16PPG on 58% FG.

It just shows he quit on the Rockets and he wasn't lying when he said he was going to refocus on his career. Things like missing the ASG, I'm sure, really bother him. He cares about fame and image.

The question is how long will it last? He's not getting any post touches and he's playing well and they're winning. Maybe he's figured it out in Atlanta.

He went from 40% to 70% in one game. Maybe he is practicing them to be ready against the Rockets.

#32 Brown Lost It, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Atlanta doesn't concern me at all. After the Cleveland game I'm not scared of no one.

majicdonjuan and BigShasta like this.
  14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

The Rockets have last 5 of their last 6 games against the Hawks, and the last 4. Mike Budenholzer is the best thing to happen to that organization since Dominique Wilkins.

15. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

You are onto something. If Ryan could play center at all against him, Howard absolutely SUCKED against 5s who could shoot and it would force him out. I dont know if Ryan can play center against him though. I know they likely practiced a bit in Orlando but thats been so many years ago.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

ATL will be coming off a BTB.

Rested Rockets win by 8

17. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Harden goes 6-9 from 3-pt range.
    Howard goes 6-19 on FTs.

Rockets win 108 - 83.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Just make Howard guard the pick and roll all day.

Williamson likes this.
  19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Our offense vs their defense will be interesting to see. Fortunately, they don't have as much talent as Cleveland so they can't punch back as hard.

20. Nook

Nook Member

This.....

We also know that Howard is going to cheat to get rebounds, which will lead to open shots.

Limit turnovers, hit free throws and defend the three point line.... those are the keys.