1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 3/22/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 21, 2023.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

is tyty that unready that silas would choose to play nix over him? Nix looks like utter garbage with his playing time

HardenReturns likes this.
  2. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Nix is just the player version of Silas. Way out of his depth.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

TANK

4. fattz

fattz Member

Not one person said that’s great but we lost. Green’s interview was the worst “starting five”, “they give to me” and “I get mine”. We aren’t going to win much anytime soon with these mindsets.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Talk is cheap. The only reason we lost this game is we are tanking. Nix played 14 mins and gave the team nothing.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's the Stephen I don't know what to say I just rinse repeat show... who would have guessed.

;)

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Silas took my advice. Play Nix significant minutes.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not sure why it's a shocker to everyone but Nix is playing because we are tanking. Thanks to the recent win streak we prob won't catch Pistons anymore but 2nd worst at least is an improvement over the worst record. Right? Right? lol.

Anyway I think these past few games really exposed the Rox in that we are paper thin. We basically have 5 good players (KPJ, JG, KJM, Bari and Sengun), 2 hot and cold guys (Tate and Eason) and then a bunch of trash tiers (Nix, Christopher, Boban, Garuba). Our bench has 7 total pts this game lol wtf.

Next season we will hopefully have Tyty part of the rotation and then some vets like Harden to help. I'm fairly confident to say we'll be a lot better next season just cuz of the added depth we will have.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

JGreen with that flipper ball with nostrils nose for the points.

HardenReturns likes this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

Nix pissed me off, until I realized he contributed to our loss. KPJ did too at times. Definitely not a fan of our complaining to referees constantly. But there was a lot of fight, again, finally a solid 3pt shooting night from our main guys, Green & KJ did their thing while Jabari showed a solid all round game again. Sengun did his thing too!

11. liveguy

liveguy Member

Two words: Wemby Sweepstakes

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't enter the game until 5 min left and didn't touch the ball except for one possession until the game was out of reach, lmao. Hater lol.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't hink he's hating. I think he's more complaining about how easy it is for players on the team to get zoned out especially because of head hancho and Silas system.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thank god for silver's refaid and nix back in the lineup or we woulda won this game by double digits. disaster averted whew

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I forgot to say, when we were making that run in the 3rd and tied it up, in my mind I was like "damn, it's gonna suck when Nix comes in in the 4th smh" and lo and behold he continued to stink up the joint.

I've never seen a worse player on the Rockets in my entire life. Him getting rotation minutes is a genius tanking move by the organization.

hakeem94 and highpost1388 like this.
  16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

TyTy is better than Nix which is why Silas wont play him. Need to tank

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

People say Nix is there for the tank. I don't really buy it. Tyty isn't ready to win a lot of games for us. But he clearly has better potential than Nix.

If they wanted losing more than developing young guys, why would they play KJM and Eason so much?

There is no coherent logic in those decisions.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eason and KMJ are still developing? Who else are we going to play at the sf position besides those two?

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Eason is a rookie. How can he be not developing? KMJ was just starting to come in his own, still developing. And what about Christopher? He can play the SF position.

If you are looking at positional needs, the PG position is probably the thinnest position. I mean, they play Tate and Green as the backup PG before using TyTy. I don't think TyTy would win more games than those guys.

It's convenient to use "tank" to be cynical about all the bad decisions they make. Again, there is no consistent logic at all.

BTW, people also said restricting Sengun's minutes last season was for tanking. If that's the case, why start him now when the tank prize is a lot more enticing?