1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 2/14/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2024.

1. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

I hear you, but this is on Stone and Ime tbh. They had us expecting more than this team can offer rn. Also our early start having long winning streaks really got us excited aswell. These are growing pains and I get it u want to instill a winning mentality to the youngins but raising the expectations so much does no good for the fanbase. It creates a more toxic environment for our youngins to grow. Maybe thats what they want? To see who can handle that **** and grow from it? Idk man..

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If you want to blame Stone and Udoka for having high expectations then how else are they supposed to do their jobs? This team looked respectable up until the injuries started particularly with Tari who was the glue player between the starters and bench. Accountability is great - that is Imes strong suit as a coach. Stone himself just the other day says the expectation is growth and both of them seem to imply that a roster shakeup is imminent. I just chuckle when fans think they know more than they do. Attempting to cross over as an amatuer and believing that your idea(s) havent already been discussed at the highest levels in the organization is just ego gone wild.

Sending Jalen to the bench could be the best thing to ever happen to him.

rocketchamp likes this.
  3. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Obviously you should have high expectations, but it shouldnt be on the verge of being delusional. We are playing in the hardest conference in the NBA and expecting this team to becoming a playoff team after those years of Silas ball is too optimistic in my opinion. Sure injuries are bad but everyone in the league suffers from them, even the teams we played early on had a bunch of injuries like Fox, Murray etc which led to wins.

I agree with this, I said it on the other thread. It will do him good and take some of this toxic pressure off of him.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

We are literally 2 spots away from the play-in even after the injuries and poor play recently.

rocketchamp likes this.
  5. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Yes we are, but I just dont see how we will be able to take one of those spots away from the teams above us. If their star players gets injured maybe we have a shot but we cant just hope for that lol

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

3 games isnt really that much to make up. I'd like to believe that this team can play better than its shown as of late because we've all seen them play better. If they come out in the 2nd half with a little pride and a roster shakeup they should be right there. Now Im not fond of getting eviscerated in the early rounds of the playoffs and that would probably be the outcome should we even make it in.

7. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Im not as hopeful as you are but stealing a play in spot would be sick. If they manage to do it hats off to Udoka and the guys.

jim1961 likes this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We aren't better than the warriors though. They are in that last play in spot

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Hopes are fading fast for us to make it in

Maybe if Steph gets hurt and misses extended time

rfrocket likes this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah our problem isn’t just solved by us playing better. We would have to play far and away better than we have.

If the Warriors go 15-14 the rest of the way and 1 of those wins is against us giving them the tiebreaker then we would have to go 19-9 to over take them.

Lakers go 13-13 the rest of the way we need to again go 19-9 to tie them.

Injury could derail one of them and it’s not exactly a bad bet when talking about Curry, Lebron and Davis but it’s going to be tough to over take either one of them.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I dont disagree, but GS has had to go 8-2 over their last 10 just to climb back up to .500 so Im not sold on them being a lock, but they do have an easier SOS to finish out the season. All we can try to do is win games and that sure is easier said than done. Im just the eternal optimist and would rather operate in a higher vibrational frequency of positivity vs languishing among the doom and gloomers.

Hemingway likes this.
  12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I let go of any play in hopes in January just like I let go of any hope of Jalen being an efficient player in November. Both of those things are fairytale's.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its the only thing left that can happen to him.

But we will see what things look like after the All-Star break, but I give a better than 50/50 chance Jalen isnt in the starting lineup.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I fully expect it. I also fully expect the MOB to find the next whipping boy because that is what this broken fanbase has become good at - b****ing and moaning while making excuses for their favorite player. I honestly cant wait.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

It will go one of two ways if Jalen is moved to the bench.

1) If we play better, Jalen apologist's will go into hiding.
    2) If we play worse, the Jalen apologist's will take over the site :eek:

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Think we discussed this earlier... rumor is the dude got caught smoking pot during an interview with a team

He is talented but kind of a young dumbass.

17. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I've thought this for a couple of weeks since GG's been blowing up (Jabari part).
    Just didn't have enough guts to post it. lol
    Actually I didn't want to spend the time to get flamed and have to answer all the Jabari fanboys who would take a lack of rebuttal as a "win" in the argument. lol

I wanted Jackson in the draft BAD!
    Heard Rafael Barlowe talk about him on his "locked on" podcast and when I went and watched his tape from South Carolina I saw all that skill and mobility on him and wondered........how is this dude not getting more love!

When I said we should draft him a couple of people said we had too many picks as it is but I still would have taken a flyer on him as he REALLY popped to me on tape!

Don't think anyone could foresee him blowing up this big this early, being just barely 19.

There are some character concerns though tbh as he was suspended his last game before we played them for "violating team rules".

I wish Jabari just had his 3 point touch!

18. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Agreed. I could see us making up 1 spot to 11 but to get to 10 someone would have to have some major injuries.

Of course if/when Tari comes back he makes us such a tougher out!

OremLK likes this.
  19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Can we get any worse? We just got murdered by the Grizzlies lol

Ankara1923 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes but it was close to All Star break, people forget easily.

Joe Rocket likes this.