1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 12/28/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2007.

1. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

6 players in double figures

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I think I remember that, too.

Adelman from Portland and new about him, etc...

Good point!

Thank you Adelman and Morey!

3. vizier

vizier Member

t-mac can sit his a$$ and rest as long as he wants or better yet trade his lazy a$$ for a player who has heart and determination to win.

4. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

Me too. But I doubt he can see this post hiding in the main game thread. :rolleyes:

5. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

No love for Shane? He played great at both ends, and he actually played with fire, something to prove. I love the Battier with ego, not just the usual diplomatic hustle guy. It was a great all around team win. Everyone has contributed. Memphis is a sad team right now, but I don't mind our team to use them as a confidence booster and chemistry builder. :D

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

yeah shane was aggressive tonight...

7. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

It's a mental thing with T-Mac. He can play the system--the game in Chicago demonstrated that. Maybe somebody can whack him on the head when he starts to fall back into bad habits...

8. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

memphis sucks but we had 6 players in double figures,not just 2 guys.

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Agreed. Brooks needs to be playing in the high 30s or 40 minutes per game. The offense runs so much better with him handling the ball because HE IS ACTUALLY A THREAT TO SCORE both off the dribble and nailing the J. His handle is as good as Rafers. He has better court vision than Rafer. He's faster than Rafer. I'm not sure about D, though....

10. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Your son is a genius.

11. rocketsmetalspd

Need to keep winning to prove it was not a fluke win without T-Mac.

12. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

He probably read all the Gay >> Battier threads on this board!

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I know people have been saying similar things for a while now, but start up the "Start Brooks and Scola" thread. Let's get this train formally rolling.

I've been in favor of Scola starting from the beginning, and this game only made it painfully obvious that Brooks should also. He's basically a more efficient, better shooting, and better finishing Rafer.

30MIN 4-13 10Pts 6Ast 4TO

vs.

21MIN 4-8 10Pts 7Ast 1TO

14. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Especially we got 3 guys over 18 points, and scored more than 100 points without TMac, that was impressive.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

A win is a win but consider who we played. If we face a team that plays halfway decent defense without Tracy, it's a lost cause. Tonight we faced a dispirited, bad team with a rookie coach who might be in over his head. This win is comparable to the Bulls win, IMO.

16. choujie

choujie Member

The win against Spurs on the road without Tmac last year is better than this one.

17. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Excellent points, especially the one about liking the Battier with ego.

I was honestly thinking the exact same thing during the game, specifically about how we need Battier to gain an ego.

18. kwng

kwng Member

Great win and ood game. The grizzlies did not play with all their heart. Some of our players are still in slump (Bonzi and Head). Rafer is still Rafer though I hope he can shoot better (he is still not shooting well). We should do better
    when AB confidence improves and when he get more PT. I still noticed our guys hesitated to shoot when they are open. They pass the ball around until
    the time clock is running out or we misses with bad shots.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Didn't we win in San Antonio last year without McGrady? That's a little more impressive.

When McGrady comes back, it can't just be a 2-man show in that starting group. If Scola can be solid in the upcoming games without Tracy, I think it might be time to start him. We just need another player we can run a play for so things aren't so predictable.

20. YugoRocketsFan

Um the Rockets won an away game by 20 points, without T-Mac, Bonzi Wells shooting 4-15, and Rafer shooting 4-13. I would consider that a crazy win.