1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 12/15/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2023.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

So as of this morning

• Offensive rating, we've slipped from #20 to #22 (after spurs win & first grizz win) to now #24 (after second grizz win) :D. The more we win by defense, the more we slip, as other teams score at regular pace.
    • Defensively we're only 1.1 point behind overtaking the wolves for #1 spot.
    • Net rating at #8 (comfortably above average)
    • Playoff spot move up to #6 after last night.
      • Western standings: #9 (spurs win) -> #7 (1st grizz. win) -> 6 (2nd grizz win)

2. YaoMingsSoulja

Desmond Bane makes 40 million a year. How do you plan to pull that off?

3. TimDuncanDonaut

The lead tracker paints a picture where they had the game at hand, and then Q3 happened and they weren't able to get it back. If there is an optimistic scenario next game in MIL, it may play out like tonight.

[​IMG]

I thought Bane was kind of cold in the first half, and then got his numbers later on. JJJ and Biyombo started off well, thought maybe JJJ took too many 3's. Rose also got hurt in the 1st half, so one less table setter for in 2nd.

The complaint from Grizz fans is in Q3, Jenkins elected to play small and also too young. Q3 at least 5 minutes for their three 22 year olds: Roddy (6'4"), LaRavia (6'7"), Zaire (6'9").

Santi (a 3pt shooter) and Rose (who got injured), played more in first half. Not sure if the sub was out of necessity, or Jenkins thought his young players could out-play our 2nd unit / slumping Jalen and Alp.

Minus Grizz's overall record, the game could have easily swung Memphis' way. Dillon got a fairy tale ending with his play.

Would be very curious how things play out in Milwaukee. Would Bucks even consider load managing one of their stars, as when teams look at our bad road record, I think there's still some under estimation. And it's possible our 2nd unit can outplay their 2nd unit.

#1263 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 16, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
  4. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Oh..yeah, ok. I thought you were talking about benching going forward. I could agree with last night somewhat.

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

I don't. Just a Christmas wish.

YaoMingsSoulja likes this.
  6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Nice!!!

7. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Ridiculous take. If it’s James Harden’s step back on a 2 for 1, then I’m down every time. If it’s a Jalen Green pull up with a hand in his face, count me out. That is definitely not a 25% chance shot

8. R94

R94 Member

People still defending jalen?

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Only against ridiculous hatred when he does well.. I personally let yall get yall shine on , when he ****ing up and looks like **** ..