1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/13/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2007.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Will be a close one. Role players have to step up. Yao historically doesnt play that well against the Griz. Despite their 2-4 record, I actually think this Griz team will give us a fight judged by the preseaon games. If Tmac break loose, Yao does his things, and Bonzi being Bon-bon, Battier shows the chip, watch out Memphis.

2. jason2

jason2 Member

102-84

7-1 YOOHOOOOOO!!

3. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

This is a very important game for us... with the Lake show, SA, PHX, and Dallas up next after this, we have to win this game and win it handily... need to get the players some rest as well... four games in five nights. AHH! Let's get ready to rumble!

4. CRayman.Z

CRayman.Z Member

7 -1 Babe!!

5. howe070523

howe070523 Member

I know its immature....but I just cant help..
    :D :D

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Don't let the Grizz's record fool u...they play some tough teams. The Rox need to be at their best.

7. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Rockets eke out a tough win. Grizzlies double anyone named Yao or McGrady. Rafer takes 9 shots, makes 1. Steve Francis finally gets his first game. Scola improves VASTLY in this game. The Rockets start putting it together in time to meet the Lakers, Spurs, Mavericks and Suns.

8. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Alston = Stoudamire/ Conly Jr.
    :eek:

9. cc2002

cc2002 Member

Time for our bench to erupt. I say Mike James pours 20 points and Bonzi pulls 12 rebounds.

102 .vs. 87, rockets win.

10. newera

newera Member

a tuff start game with a tuff week, i believe, ROX can do it,

11. CrystalPistol

CrystalPistol Member

as long as rafer continues to lead us, we will prevail. he just needs to be confident in his shot, and not be afraid to shoot 15-17 times a game. he will make them pay! the coming of the big three... rafer, yao, and tmac.. boom shakalaka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

If anything is to be learned from elite level teams then it is that they know how to beat garbage teams. If the game against the Bobcats was a wake up call then the Rockets better show up to play against the 1-4 Memphis Grizzlies.

That is the step we need to take to make us known among the elite by taking care of business against the crappy bottom feeders of the NBA. We have a big week coming up against 3 of the best teams in the business but we must first pound the Grizzlies into submission.

Houston 107
    Memphis 82

GO ROCKETS!!!

13. cshen

cshen Member

i am not so sure about that after last night's game.

14. zong

zong Member

Just hope the wining streak is not going to be stopped by Rafer and Luther.
    The Rockets are 6-1 and Rafer and Luther are having the following data so far if you do not pay attention to them.

Rafer: two point,.302, three point:.241.
    Luther: two point,.375 three point, .111.

Luckly, Yao and Tmac are doing well

15. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I'm always nervous when the Rockets are faced with a "sure" win, especially now that Shane Battier -- playing more 1-on-1 rather than team defense -- has been getting abused. This could well be the game where those of us on the board, still choking on the Rudy Gay / Stromile Swift - Battier trade, could be proven correct. I hope not.

16. CrystalPistol

CrystalPistol Member

when has battier been getting abused? i have watched every game this season, and he seems to be doing fine to me.

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i think adelman is gaining more trust in tmac defensively. battier, 1-on-1 D, has been average at best. mike redd was schooling him. but he doesn't have any other responsibilities so let him focus on that.

18. jasona88

jasona88 Member

By the first few games, it looks like we developed a pattern of dropping slightly above or below the level of our competitor...so Rockets 91-87.

But im still hoping for our first blow out win. :)

19. tsunami

tsunami Member

It will be a tough loss. The Grizzlies will bite us hard.

20. xsl20

xsl20 New Member

From the way the bench showed up last game in Charlotte, i am not that optimistic about this game. Hope the rockets pick up the slack and slaughter some bear! The best thing about this rockets team is that we have played to a record of 6-1 (tough opponents, unlike the team ranked #1 this week), but it always seems like they have not tried their hardest. I am envisioning a 60 win season! Coach A's teams are always great regular season teams!