1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 1/14/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's just one second
    Just one minute
    Just one quarter
    Just one game
    It's just the regular season.
    It's fine.
    Oh ****, we're the 6th seed & have to play the Clippers?!
    "Well yeah, the refs made us lose in the first round vs. the Clippers! Refs fault!"
    :D

apollo33, mfastx, J Sizzle and 2 others like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Paul missing no games is just not the norm. Look at his past history. For Paul not to break down before playoffs would be a miracle. It's the kind of miracle (or Houston curse) you can say would probably happen if we traded Mr. Game Time Decision Glass Man Fuller from the Texans.

I mean seriously, Fuller has missed over a third of the season the past 3 years, yet if we dont sign him after his rookie contract he might finally have his first injury free season. That's what happened with Kevin Johnson. He left Houston and was miraculously cured from Lame Duck disease. His last three years on the Texans he averaged 6 games a season, yet this year he played all 16 games for the Bills.

Let's hope come playoffs Westbrook proves more durable than Paul through the stretch. This team is screwed without him.

#1042 deb4rockets, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Rocket River likes this.
  3. what

what Member

Im laughing but i dont understand this anymore than yall do.

Rocket River likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Is Harden taking 37 shots selfish, smart, necessary, just plain ridiculous or what? There will be justifications for every answer. I have no doubt.

Let's compare the ball distribution of the top teams in the league in their last game for field goals taken by their top 5 players.

1) Bucks 17/10/9/9/9
    2 Lakers 17/16/13/12/11
    3. Celtics 17/13/11/9/9
    4. Jazz 19/16/15/13/12
    5. Heat. 15/15/12/10/7
    6. Nuggets 14/12/9/9/9
    7. Clippers. 18/16/13/8/7
    8. Rockets. 37/19/12/7/7

Hmmmm. Maybe they are ahead of us for a reason. Could ball distribution actually mean something? The Harden Show might not be the answer to a Championship, but people do love seeing him shatter all kinds of records. He can be so fun to watch at times.

I can't help but wonder if you switched MDA and Harden with the star player and coach from any of those teams if the ball distribution and rankings would be exactly as the Rockets are now on whatever team they went to.

#1044 deb4rockets, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Greedydex likes this.
  5. what

what Member

If i were the rockets i might consider trading capella for something and letting hardenstien take over capella role. The hawks are desperate to get somebody to go with trae young. The rockets just need more quality bodies.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Memphis have gone 13-6 since Morant returned from a back injury in early December. The Milwaukee Bucks and Utah Jazz are the only NBA teams with more wins during that span

BaselineFade and icewill36 like this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

they have different teams and all those teams get production from the bench. We have the worst bench in the league. that is the problem

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

why do we suck?

9. JW86

JW86 Member

It’s up to the coach and Harden to find best ways to win, that has basically been the Harden show for most of it. Cannot fault James since coach doesn’t trust many players so why should he?

Even with that Harden does distribute and tries to get guys going, so he actually trusts, however it’s not by design. I believe once we get a coach that can balance Harden iso and ball distribution, we can win.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ONE SIMPLE MOVE and we win this game
    Switch the Minutes of HOUSE and HARTENSTEIN
    and we win this game

If House only plays 4 minutes. . .we win this game!

Rocket River

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yep, but even when our bench is shooting well the story is the same. I find it weird, considering all the different players who have come and gone, that we could never manage to distribute the ball like other top teams.

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yep, I agree. So far, no coach has been able to stop the ISO.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It's too simple though...lol

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We have no coach. We could be very good, but we have no coach. We have no scheme on either end of the court.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Maybe. I like the idea of using them together though. That would be defensive dominance at the rim.

16. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

At least when we had CP3 he wasn't taking nights off to rest. Russ not playing just has no meaning if it is driving Harden into the ground

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

In this golden opportunity of a wide open season where there is no clear and obvious favorite you'd think the Rockets would come out and seize this incredible opportunity to win a championship. Instead, they're frittering away the entire regular season and will be lucky to host one playoff series. They just can't be bothered to play hard on a consistent basis. It's disgusting. I feel like an idiot turning this **** on every night smh.

And it's clear that MDA is just mailing in the entire season since he knows he's a lame duck coach. Prob wants to retire after this season anyway. Tilman too cheap to allow Morey to meaningfully upgrade this joke of a roster. It hit me how bad this roster truly is last night.

It's incredible how much Capela has regressed definsively since the 2018 playoffs. Remember when he dominated Town and was stuffing Gobert multiple times in one possession? That's long gone.

House is just invisible out there a total zero. What happened to him? We desperately need to upgrade in that area 'cause McLemore doesn't bring enough to the table to be a starter.

This team fart around and win 50-something games and, if we're lucky, win a playoff series (not a given since the 2-5 seeds are essentially teams of the same caliber). Then get smoked by the Lakers second round. Congrats.

deb4rockets and Rocket River like this.
  18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

well we get the shots we want, we just don't make them as often as we should. We have one of the best offences. We don't need to play like other teams. also our players blow some easy shots at the rim

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Defensively we have been around top 10 the last month. We will beat the Lakers, i'm confident of that. This roster will be a bit different come Playoff time i'm sure

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I can't help wonder if you switched James and MDA with any of the star players and coach from any of those teams above us if the team they went to would suddenly reverse roles with where we are right now in rankings and ball distribution.