1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 3/28/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 27, 2007.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm just happy I was able to watch the game last night...The put back by Yao when T-mac missed in the 4th was awesome...

2. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Rafewr almost cost us a game and good thing the ref did'nt call a 3 and cat can sink those free throw shots easily. thank god it was a Win!!! :mad:

3. bjshot

bjshot Member

I think Yao fouled before Cat's 3-p shot attempt. That's why 2 FT it is?

4. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

How many times you have to be told that it is Rafer Alston that fouled Cuttino Mobley and NOT Yao Ming ? Alston himself admitted it...... :rolleyes:

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

from the houston chronicle

6. Matador

Matador Member

We just beat Steve Kerr's team of the week: :)

link
    Team of the Week
    Los Angeles Clippers – The Clips went 4-0, including wins over Chicago, Washington and Utah, as they continued their late-season push to make the playoffs. With Shaun Livingston and Sam Cassell out with injuries, L.A. has turned to Jason Hart and Daniel Ewing to guide them. The duo has combined to give the Clips solid point guard play, and with Corey Maggette, Elton Brand and Cuttino Mobley all scoring well, L.A. is in position to grab the eighth and final postseason spot in the West.

7. deshen

deshen Member

Need to mention that T-Mac took an unreasonable 30 shots, 20 shots is my limit for any player. 30? are you kidding me?

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Cat threw up his hands after the foul, he didn't appear to be shooting to me. Correct call. The Clips didn't get cheated, they got beat.

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Limit? I want a player to take 50 shots if he's hot and he can't miss.

10. deshen

deshen Member

In that case, it will guarentee losing playoff.

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

most of his shots were on penetrations, which open the lane for yao alot. yao rarely got doubled in this game. sometimes u have to look beyond the stats and watch the damn game.

12. deshen

deshen Member

I watched the game yesterday. If we continued to play the way in the last a few games, I am really really worried about the first round with Jazz.

13. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

we didn't play well yesterday. mac obviously missed shots he should make. rafer missed A LOT of open shots. but our D stepped up.

but the important thing is tmac drove and drove and drove repeatedly las tnight. if he does that v. the jazz, he'll eventually make.

14. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

That's not true. His penetrations really didn't open the lane for Yao. In fact near the end of the game the Clippers doubled Yao in the post before he put the ball on the floor, forcing the Rockets to try pick and roll instead.

McGrady jacked up too many bricks, including an open 17-footer which could have sealed the game. Quentin Ross owned him pretty bad, which shouldn't happen, ever.

Sure you need to watch the game, but you need to watch them with objectivity, not TOF rose-colored goggles. BTW, I watched the entire game.

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

if yao was doubled, it was like 5-6 times total the whole game. yao had a lot of room to operate. like i said, tmac penetrated more than usual last night. sure he missed some shots. and quentin ross is a good defender. he has slowed down kobe a few times in the past.

i agree w/ u. tmac has to shoot at a higher clip for us to be even more dominant, but he kept plugging. u want your best players to take shots. kobe was 7-26 v. memphis but everyone wanted him to keep shooting. they're your best shot-taker so let them take them. tmac is as streaky as they come. u never know when he'll make the shots.

but again, tmac is our decision maker. the offense ran through him and he was denied 2 straight possessions down the stretch. like most of u, i want tmac to take it harder and take the contact, which i felt he shied from too much sometimes. but he made the right play w/ the battier shot.

16. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

It was a shooting foul, Rafer even admitted Mobley was already in shooting motion, and Mobley didn't touch or cross the 3 line before he released the ball. Should have been a 3FT foul, we got a break.

Is was a break for the Rockets, our board would be absolutely livid if we lost a chance to tie a home game because Tmac wasn't given 3 shots in that circumstance.

Now the correct call there doesn't mean we wouldn't have won anyway, Cat would have still had to go 3 for 3, and even if this does happen at worst it goes to OT. Getting a break doesn't mean we didn't earn the win all things considered. The bottom line is after trailing by as many as 7 in the second half we got a quality win against a solid team playing at their place.

17. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

We're both wrong. It's called the Kobe Show.

18. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Me too! It's about time.

19. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

It's not like he does it every day. That would be Kobe... :rolleyes:

20. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

ha ha ha ha..i like that step back and shoot move Yao borrow fromTmac....that was nice