1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

hahahah, might not be the worst. think about many years ago. we had yao.:grin:

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Just about Woodson.

Despite his siding with Camelo in eventually marginalizing Lin, he has been holding everyone accountable, starting with Camelo. Camelo admitted this in public.

This is why Woodson has got creditability and respect from his players.

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

His subbing rotation (at times) and his refusal to play Dmo makes no sense to me but the Rockets are still 3 games over .500 and OVERACHIEVING!

4. landryfans

landryfans Member

You guys love lowry and Dragic a lot, dont you?

Ever wonder why both eager to leave?

5. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

We'll never know how we'd be doing with another coach but my guess is that our record would be better. We probably will find out next year after we don't make the playoffs this year or have an early exit.

6. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i watched from NBA.tv so i didn't see mchale yelled at lin. if what other posters said that mchale yelled at lin after his 2nd TO is true, i started to understand what mchale meant home runs. lin did try to bounce pass through multiple floppers. if it is the case, i am not sure which way is a better way, playing very conservatively, less TOs or aggressively, more TOs. lin must see the chance otherwise he won't pass. he was not in the air and no where to go so he had to pass. sometimes, changes too fast to be seen. this is the risk i think as pg has to take. a good pg do what he sees and what he believes.

7. landryfans

landryfans Member

Maybe we are not, we got one superstar, one top 10 C, one top 10 SF, average PG, that's better than most team under us, except the teams with issue (laker) or injure(wolf).

If it is overachieving, it is Harden overachieving, not the coach.

8. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Wow! Brilliant post. I would rep if I could. It's the almost the SAME exact thought process I had, but I would be just way too lazy to write all this down. Thanks for the post.

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Could be better, could be worst but most fans would be satisfied with it.

Definitely overachieving considering this team was put together this year and is the youngest team in the league.

10. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

Are you saying you're brilliant? :grin:

11. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

That's the problem. We are "considered" overachieving, but we could do SOOOO MUCH more with the talent we have and we're not there because of Mcfail.

12. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Nice catch. LOL.

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Think you're overrating the talent. Young players with potential but many flaws in their game.

14. loox

loox Member

What Rockets would have been without McHale is something no one can prove. But here are a few things that worth thinking about:

1. Why did McHale so often go after Lin when he made a mistake? How many times did you see him went after Parsons or Harden or Delfino like that? Talking about equal respect and equal accountability .... Is that because Lin is meek and won't fight back? If so, wouldn't that make McHale a bully?

2. How many times did you see McHale's adjustment after a timeout worked? I still remember the game against Kings -- Rockets didn't get a single open look for 3 after five timeouts at the end of the game when they desperately needed a 3. Yesterday, Butler went nuts, shooting all his open 3s in the first quarter. What did Rockets as a team do to stop him? Is that a coach's job or not?

3. There are already a number of reports of occasions when Lin simply ignored McHale during the timeout. Think about it this way: Lin is one of the nicest kids in the league, if he is mentally checking out on somebody, what can you infer from there.

These are just observations of facts and what a normal person can infer from them. Not saying that McHale hasn't done any good things to these young players. But pretending that he doesn't have a real issue with some of the players is silly.

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Agreed. This team should have at least 5-6 more Ws at this point. A lot is directly on Lin, but the coaches are playing everyone else besides Harden, Asik and Parsons all over the place. The team needs consistency at the core and player development for the bench. Lin is average now, how the team is designed and being played, however I don't think he's just an average player...he can much more.

1. I don't think Harden can improve much more, at least on the offensive side. However, he can greatly improve on the defensive side.

2. Asik needs to improve on his finishes.

3. Lin is probably going to be one of the biggest factor as to how productive this current core will get. He's alread a top ten in rebounds and steals for his position. If he can up his points from his current 12.6 to 16-18 and assists from his current 6.1 to 7-8, it will make him a top 10 guard for sure and that will do much for the Rockets.

16. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Well, unless I see more of the offense that went 12-3, and if we continue to lose games because of the 12-3 record offense, then I will concede. But right now, our talent is great, we got a smart player Lin, talented Harden, rebounding machine Asik and pure swish shooter 2pat. We are way better than our record. Unless we continue with ball dominating Lin and lose a lot of games, then I will concede to your point, but right now, we still have like an 75% winning record w/ Lin dominating free lance offense. We have like a 35% (just estimating here), win record w/ anyone playing PG. I'm still not convinced that this team is overachieving at 3 games above 500. We really ought to be 10-12 games above 500.

17. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Asik is barely a top 10 center, definitely not if you throw in PF/C hybrids. Parsons is clearly not a top 10 SF.

You guys think our players are so much better than they actually are. The whole point of this high pace transition offense is because we aren't good enough to score in half court sets when the other team can set their defense. Playing high pace disguises our lack of talent and makes players look better than they really are if all they really need to do is pass and make open looks, or drive down a transition bucket. It would be comical trying to see this team play a slowed down, half court oriented offense against the Spurs, Heat, Bulls etc.

18. liberticide

liberticide New Member

Some people claim this team is scrub without harden. I have to disaggree because clipper is just tough matchup for rockets. The score is about the same as last matchup ROCKETS 96, CLIPPERS 106

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Maybe because the Clippers weren't really trying after awhile.

20. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Let's give our guys some slack. Just watched the game and they looked run down. This team is terrible on back-to-backs, especially Lin who's body is not ready to be FT starter yet. We got out-hustled all night, late on rotations, and turned it over a ton(Parsons was sloppy, almost took Dmo's head off). With Harden, we would've stole it.

Love the vet, but Delfino killed us last night. He was horrid-bad on D, on top of not hitting any shots.