1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 12/17/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2005.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

55??? Are you serious man, The clippers don't suck that much. lol

2. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Tracy McGrady has spoken on this matter.

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

This is a real test. it will show where we truly are in there bigger schem of things. our primeter defense needs to be ready because if they are not, sammy and cat will torch us something chronic

4. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

meh this one is close... too close to call. We're on a rise, they're on a skid. I can definately see us losing this one. It's all about heart for the rockets... and we don't have DA either. I can see t-mac having a mediocre game say... 21/5/4 and yao getting something like... 25/12/2.... but here's my score prediction:

Clips 97
    Rox 91

5. CG202

CG202 Contributing Member

Bump.

:D :D

6. parlaynhustle

parlaynhustle Contributing Member

Maggettes not playing and theyre on a 3 game losing streak...ROCKETS WIN

7. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

I can't wait for the game today. The Rockets have found thier swagger and I expect a close game today but a Rockets win nontheless. Go Rockets!!!

8. rvpals

rvpals Member

I predict clipper's youth and athleticism gave us trouble in the beginning. They lead going into 3rd quarter. Then the Rockets are gonna turn up their defense and choke the life out of the clippers, and we go on a run to close out the 3rd quarter to be up by 3. Then we blow the clippers out of the water by limit them to just 15 points and we score 34 points in the 4th to beat the clippers.

9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I predict we win because today is my farging birthday!

10. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

This is going to be a tough game. Their strength is our weakness and Kaman does a good job of fouling Yao without getting whistled.

11. clove

clove Contributing Member

first blow out win of the season.

102-76

clutch server goes down for 6 hours and 32 minutes.

fire gundy thread adds 4 pages in 3 hours when the server is finally fixed.

12. lil-vic

lil-vic Member

i love these earlier games, it makes the waiting for a game to come on so much easier. The only bad thing is that as a rockets fan, you have nothing to look forward to the rest of the day. good thing theres a back 2 back. :D

13. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I think this could be a potential big game for Swift. Don't see Howard getting minutes as he probably doesn't have much of a chance against Brand. If Swift can get a couple of blocks on him, and realy work on the defensive end, and limit him to around 18-20 points, I'd be happy.

Rockets win

98-92

14. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

This should be a good game. Cat will try to prove he's better than T-mac and make 1 of 10 from the 3-pt line. The Rox prevail 102-98.

15. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

I watched the Clips against the Spurs the other night and they are for real. Brand is much improved & in incredible shape - much quicker. Sam I Am, even at 35, is the glue and leader they have needed.

What the Rox have done on the road, minus 4 guards including all PG's, is truly remarkable. Can't wait to see them when/if everyone is healthy.

I think this game goes down to the wire. Not expecting a W...but then I wasn't expecting us to be 4-0 so far on this road trip!

D R

16. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

This is going to be the most awesome game yet this season.

Clippers are for real and they are despearate to reclaim their new-found elite status. They have quick, smart guards who always give us trouble. Brand is a handfull and could get us in deep trouble if Yao is forced to help out on double teaming him.

On the other hand, when our team is playing its game, I fear no team in the NBA with the exception of Spurs and Pistons. The two-man game between McGrady and Yao cannot be stopped. Period.

Houston 89
    Clippers 88

17. brush

brush Contributing Member

Rockets win. 91:89

18. WNBA

WNBA Member

Clippers are Clippers. They will find a way to lose and we have their numbers.

102:88 Rox

19. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Rockets 96
    Clippers 92

20. wayne312

wayne312 Member

Hate to ask the same old question again, but will this game be available live on PPstream or PPlive? Seems like CCTV 5 granted protesters wish and decided to only play the recorded game at a later time :mad:
    I remember that there is another program brought up by a poster here but I cannot recall the exact name of the program, it's called Syncast or something similar which will have NBT TV channel available, would someone kindly help me on that one?
    Much appreciated!
    Oh yeat 102- 98 Rockets! :)