1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 12/17/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2005.

1. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

yao did ok other than the two rebounds he lost to Wilcox. Other players couldn't do crapp. that is why we lost

2. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

Speaking of terrible grammar, English should be capiltalized.

3. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

Exactly!, Except Yao, T-mac and Norris ( yes, Norris!), other shot combined like 6 over 29, Does not matter who the superstars are on this team, even Jordan and Dream played for us today, We would lose this game. We should be proud of our stars. Do not write those garbages to blame T-amc or Yao. Check Shark' s today number, Miami's fans might want trade Shark for Wilcox,if they were rockets' fans. Over all this road trip if very good. They are gelling. Give them time.

4. noize

noize Contributing Member

Thats why I stop defending him...

I even made a thread on this, but I don't think its worth searching for it...if they don't care for him before, I don't think they will now.

5. scutmb

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToothYanker
    You're correct. Most YOFs have TERRIBLE grammar, poor english comprehension, and a one track mind (like Lenny from Of Mice and Men).

Do not laugh at Chinese speaking English, You may even do not know one chinese word, except prounce some crap like Shark did ......

6. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

There's no one in the NBA called Shark. Try again.

7. michellexiao

michellexiao Contributing Member

Seriously, I wish most fans and even rockets GM are Yao haters, so he will be traded to LA here.

8. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

team just tired

YAO should have 11 rbs, hold the ball tight, big man!

9. scutmb

10. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

11. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

One cannot reason with YOH either. Besides Yao, the rest of the team shot 22-62, that is why we lost. The rebounds were 40-41, pretty even.

Opponents always box out Yao, sometimes with 3 players. Yes, Wilcox grabed a couple of rebounds from Yao's hands, but that is what energy players do. How do you think Bowen get some of the rebounds for us? If it is possible to stop it from happening, then we would have no use of Bowen whatsoever.

Bottomline is Yao is showing more and more confidence in his offensive game and he doesn't hesitate as much. Ohter than Tmac's first half, it is the brightest spot for us from this game.

If we have a bench player like Livingstone....

12. Texas Stoke

When he touches the ball he should grab it and squueze it and pretend it's his girlfriends ass. Hey Yao, squeeze that ball and hang onto it like it's that little humdinger of your's ass!

13. langal

langal Contributing Member

Yao is better than Chris Kaman. There. I said it. I'm a YOF.

BTW - Shaq's line today was 10 pts, 6 boards in 27 minutes. What does that mean? It means that he sucks, he's soft, and he's a p*ssy - and the sole reason why they lost. But I forget that he was matched up against Zydrunas. That big 15/7 career stud who is somehow better than Yao in the eyes of most Rocket fans. Heck - seems like most Houston fans get pissed off when their center makes the All Star game.

Seriously though - I think it's time to admit that Yao in Houston is just not working out. The fans hate him and he could easily get a max contract anywhere else. Maybe Carroll and Les should consider trading him to Denver for Camby, or Sac for Brad Miller. The Rockets have a very tradeable commodity who the local fans don't want - and YOF's like me can go bother people on another board.

14. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

well, I think this season so far: YAO and CAMBY are way better than other centers in the NBA. Of course, once SHAQ gets him game back....

But still, YAO should have 11 rbs today, not 7! maybe his fatigue caught him finally.

15. noize

noize Contributing Member

That Ubigred or whatever his name was, would be very happy.

16. Texas Stoke

I'm a CMOF. Caveman only fan. Wouldn't it be funny if when Chris Kaman was introduced the played the soundbite "captain caveman!" guess it's only funny if your drunk off jim beam.

17. langal

langal Contributing Member

I totally agree with that one. I live in LA and was at the game (wearing my Yao/China #13 YOF gear).

However , Yao was simply not the reason why the Rox lost this game. Outside of Moochie Norris of all people - no one else did a damn thing. One thing we learned today - I can beat Ryan Bowen in a game of HORSE.

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Noone said yao was the sole reason we lost. why are you people so ultra sensitive?....

19. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

I love Yao, don't get me wrong. But there are people on this board who defend Yao to no end. This is a Rockets fan board, so if you guys wanna go defend Yao , lick his balls or whatever, go to the Yaomania board. There, you can praise him like a God. I love Yao, but let's be objective and when people criticise him - there's a thing such as constructive criticism and sometimes sarcasm. Maybe it's the cultural barrier at times, but don't be so quick to be defensive. Stop all this YOF, YOH bullcrap I'm sick of it. Every thread there has to be mention of a YOF, HOF or whatever. Grow up peoples. Don't screw up this once great BBS.

20. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Because there are a couple people of both sides who end up antagonizing each other. Someone ends up poking fun at somebody because English isn't their first language, which more moderate Chinese fans take offense to, which leads to hard feelings and lashing out, which leads to more patronization from "YOH", and the cycle continues.

Personally I blame the small minority of "YOF" that stir up the s*** in the first place, and also the posters who counter with veiled, racial comments which ends up escalating the situation.