1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/7/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2015.

1. sew

sew Member

Three days with no games is bull**** :(

2. hoopball

hoopball Member

You basketball puritans really make me cringe. Players actually envy Harden's craftiness and give him all the respect in the world. Some of you fans here seem to think that other players are so morally pure and Harden is the only one blatantly exploiting loopholes in the game, when in actuality, most other guys are just not skillful enough to pull off 'Harden move.' If everyone knew how to do it, believe me, they will utilize it to the full effect. You are deluded to think that NBA is just about making shots and passes, and nothing else. Once you learn what's going on behind the scene, Harden looks more like a genius than a villain.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Locking arms and that move on Reddick have nothing to do with Harden's craftiness or how he gets most of his fouls called. These are not 'Harden moves'. 90% of fouls called are actually fouls since defensive players are moving, hitting Harden on the arm, or get the hand in the cookie jar (rip through). Some of his blatant looking for call moves like those in the Clippers game just look ugly, plays where Harden is not looking to score and very risky.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and I'm pretty sure harden only did those because he badly wanted to win..

he was fatigued after back to back road games of 42+ points and he took a couple shortcuts that he didn't want to but he had to since everyone else were tentative and shooting cold..

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

That might be the case, but with Harden's tendency to look for fouls, I doubt it. The locking of arms was something he did before on Redick and it worked. He deliberately locked arms with DJ as well, but the refs caught it. It's just not smart, he's better than that.

6. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

its better for the players than us the fans ( More rest and practice )

7. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Locking arms is also a tactic many defensive players use. Harden just has a counter to a tactic many defensive players use that often goes uncalled.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I love it. Much needed rest.

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Well we can always imagine the Rockets without having James Harden. What would that look like

10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Jonathan Feigen ✔ @Jonathan_Feigen
    James Harden Western Conference Player of the Week. Ave 38.5p, 5.5 reb, 5.5a in a 4-0 week. Andre Drummond in East for 2nd consecutive week.

1 person likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NBA says Andre Drummond and HOU's James Harden are named Players of the Week.</p>&mdash; Chris Herring (@HerringWSJ) <a href="https://twitter.com/HerringWSJ/status/663800951078322176">November 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

But I thought Harden doesn't care about winning anymore and is fat? So how was he able to win Player of the Week.

13. sew

sew Member

Yeah I'm just being a greedy fan

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Are they doing anything special for the game Wednesday since its Veteran's Day?

15. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I can't wait for Wednesday. I've been to every home game this season (including preseason) except the OKC game.

16. Prize Closet

Prize Closet Rookie

17. rockets13champs

U living my dream

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Thorton and Lawson deserves some credit. They really take the pressure off of Harden. Thorton is good enough to be a starting 2 for any team in the NBA, so what's the deal with him?