1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/7/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Then u sprinkle in some better FT shooting like tonite, work on cutting t/os, easier 3 pt shots, and better d. :eek:

2. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I wasn't positive it was GT on Blake. I thought it could have been, but didn't look definitive to me.

Either way it doesn't matter, because the Rockets got the W. That's all that counts.

#1362 FranchiseBlade, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Capela is giving us everything we wanted with the Howard/Asik combo

Seriously Capela has been a monster averaging 9 and 7 with 2 blocks in under 20 minutes.

4. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Not able to see the clip of the goaltending by howard ? Was it goaltending ?

5. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Anyone else watching the replay right now? :grin:

6. count_dough-ku

It looked like it on the replay. But the Clippers also got a BS offensive foul call on Harden when Redick flopped on a previous possession, so it all evened out IMO.

7. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Ah ok , thanks. Glad we still got the win and Harden once again going for 40.

8. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Everytime Dwight does the Nash FT flick I laugh man.

Seems to help him but it looks so funny seeing him do that

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

With our injuries, I don't wanna hear anybody using the excuse that somebody on the other team was hurt. On the road against a good team is always a good win. It's an important one too given potential tiebreakers.

Harden is a beast, Howard looks like playoff Dwight, and we still aren't close to operating at our peak effectiveness.

10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9Az0YQHgAH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;It was a goaltend... If you're not sure blow the whistle... I thought it was a very clear one.&quot; Doc Rivers</p>&mdash; Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/663241303958798336">November 8, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

and on a back 2 back...so yeah...Clips had every reason to win this game and for a team that was embarrassed by this Rockets team they should have played with a lot more fire and passion.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Exactly this^^^^

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Whatever works right. Lol

15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Have a pretty light stretch coming up over our next 15 games or so. Hopefully can win at least 10 of them to get us back on schedule.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Damn huge win.

ONE negative I will harp on: in the last five minutes, it's like we forgot we had Lawson on the team. The sole reason we brought him here is for situations like tonight, where it's late in the game, the defense locks in on Harden and the offense gets stagnant. Ty should learn to take advantage and attack/create at this point. He did it well in the Thunder game and needs to be more consistent at it.

Other than that.. damn I'm hype. I expected a monster game from Howard and he delivered. Great presence from him.

For Harden to follow up a 43 point effort with 46?? He's definitely got it rolling now, looks in much better shape, quicker and more confident.

Most importantly though was the defense. FINALLY had a good defensive effort in the 2nd half. We locked down, I was impressed. So that's two halves where we played good defense, 2nd half of Thunder game and 2nd half tonight. Moving forward we need to play defense like that almost every night if we want to win a chip, but it's good to at least see the potential.

Gonna be in a great mood 'till Wednesday.

17. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

Doc and his hack strategy back fired on him. Doc is a p***y.

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If it was the other way around, Doc would have said that it is part of the game and so on..

But now that is made him look bad, its a horrible call that should have been called without a doubt.

19. Mattician

Mattician Member

The offense was terrible the last few several minutes of the fourth quarter. Would have liked to see McHale use his time outs to draw out some plays.

Bottom line is. The Rockets had to win this game with Paul out. This team has to be able to take advantage of that.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Doc has got it wrong. Refs are supposed to blow the wistle only when they are sure. Any referees here to support my contention?