1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2013.

1. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Agree, twin towers bogs the offense down too much. Should be used for specific situations only.

2. New

I guess there is a possibility that those are said by two different people?

3. figment

figment Member

TBH, more like CP3 would have elbowed Bev and Bev would have been ejected for hitting his elbow with his face.

4. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

No doubt Doc out coached McHale by a mile. CP3 had endless picks from his bigs to make his penetration effortless. Yet our pg often left on his own without help from our bigs. Mchale should pull the guys together to insist the bigs setting picks or sitting down. Where is coaching adjustment when it is needed? Like when Harden was so bad offensively and defensively, Garcia should replace Harden much sooner to either sit it or remind him for lack of effort (in D at least), and make all realize that they can be benched star or not for poor play or effort.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

And we've had to come from behind every game except the Dallas game, when Asik was forced to sit a minute into the game. I'm not liking the trends..

6. lfw

lfw Rookie

I actually find it very refreshing to see how a very good front office works. Also, this is a very likable team and I've followed Harden since the draft. So 2 of my favorite players are on this team.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How much longer is Bev out any ways? I'm getting tired of this mess.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

BTW, you started all this crap earlier in the thread.

9. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

4 Rivers is a real coach

10. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Quit ****ing trolling.

11. Jeffey

Jeffey Member

After you've chirped on it a dozen times already. We get it, Lin should not ever be spoken in the same breathe as CP3 lol.

12. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

you are one of the most annoying posters I've seen here in a while, and i m not a lof

13. me005

me005 Member

Missed FT, missed dunks, didn't fight for loose balls, terrible D, and cheap fouls called on Howard and Lin. Paul was toying us using Howard and Casspi to set screens for him. Worst of all, the 2 stupid commentators. That's about it.

Beverley on Paul and Lin on Reddick would have helped. Harden had a bad night, will bounce back tomorrow.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Wait, which came first in your world: bad instructions from McHale or bad D by Harden?

15. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Honestly, I don't think it matters if the superstar doesn't play defense.

16. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Arena perspective:

Harden struggled to score. Dwight could not score. Parsons was cold. Highlights were Casspi and Greg Smith.

Lin just didnt wan't to take over, despite the fact everyone had checked out before the game even started.

Asik, Harden - invisible

Bonus points to brooks and garcia for trying hard.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

2 ways to look at this

Offense put up huge numbers so we played ok.

Defense cant get any worse and Dwight and Harden should be frustrated as hell. Expect big games.

18. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Lots of LOFs and a few hard-working LOH trolls to jab them with sticks continuously and get them jabbering. The best thing about game threads is that I can grow my ignore list quickly.

19. Deniz

Deniz Member

everyone is unhappy with the asik/ howard lineup. so that means that the other lineups worked very well.

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Good summary of the game. Houston's preseason small line up of Howard, Parsons, Harden, Lin, and Beverley was very potent.....