1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2013.

1. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Interesting!

2. bws

bws Member

That's how I see it too. Doc is a way better coach. And Lin played very well. 1 TO, lots of assists, under control, did a decent job on Paul and the foul calls were ridiculous on him. He didn't have a bad game at all. Harden had a sub-par game and McHale's game plan just didn't cut it. There are also match up problems with the Clippers, Beverley will help but we damned sure need both Lin and Beverley and have to figure out what to do with Reddick and Crawford. Howard also was hampered by fouls but he had a fair game at best.

3. mothman

mothman Member

GTFO!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes, game tomorrow !

81-1 still on the table.

DD

5. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

Agree, was thinking the same thing. I guess this is going to be the norm rather than the exception.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Not at first, but after CP3 crawled out of the refs arse 5 mins later - tech was called.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OK, find your ignore list and put me on it.

8. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

lol, every time Harden has a bad game, he MUST be playing "hurt."
    No way he could be a chucker, never seen him do it before.

1 person likes this.
  9. LoLin

LoLin Member

He got caught by Blake and DJ a few times as if he didn't realize the pick was coming. Need to be more aware and just go under. I'll take the jumper from CP3 than having him drive and find open man.

10. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

this was a loss the team needed...slap reality back into them. Our players started believing in the hype but forgot to put the effort into it.

Things to improve:
    1) Mchale must tell all his perimeter players, especially Harden and Parsons, to not pack the paint and stay with their shooters.
    2) Also I was ashamed at the bad rim protection today. Dwight was lazy in getting in the way when someone drove in.
    3) MORE PNR
    4) Parsons must stop handling the ball, and stop pump faking and just take the damn shot.
    5) Mchale must tell Harden to not jack up shots unless he's completely open.
    6) More off ball movement.

11. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

To those who think Bev would've made a big difference tonight on cp3, it's unlikely. Lin did as a good a job on him until he got in foul trouble. With Bev's style, he would've picked up fouls just as quickly if not more quick. AB picked up 2 fouls within like a minute with hounding defense similar to Bev's. Nobody can stop cp3, except cp3, and certainly not with the calls he was getting tonight.

However, Bev could've been switched on cp3 when Lin got in foul trouble and have Lin guard the SG. That probably would've made a small difference, but not much.

12. The Blake Show

So is anybody going to admit they were wrong? A lot of people were incredibly cocky before the game. I have the Rockets winning Saturday but there were too many people here talking about 20 point blowouts, shutting down Griffin/DJ/CP3 etc. Harden has the worst averages of his career against the Clippers and it continued tonight. Harden has never killed us.

13. Gil

Gil Member

Why are you here. Seriously.

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

15 was the magic number... every time we cut the lead, they got it back to 15.

15. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

what?

16. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

No he wouldn't. You watch the Clippers play and the offense runs through Chris Paul every possession. He either gets a pick or tries to freelance. With the Rockets, there are effectively 3 point guards among the starters - Lin, Harden, and Parsons. I was surprised at how many sets started with a Lin handoff to Parsons at the wing and Parsons trying to create.

17. New

That's why I said Lin should learn to reduce his fouls. His second and third fouls were stupid fouls.

Give credit when credit is due, so I give him credit for the first 3 quarter's defense other than getting into foul trouble. But avoiding those useless fouls are one thing that he needs to learn if he ever want to be a star.

18. dxdx

dxdx Member

no one really cares, bro.

19. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

1st quarter the calls were just BS, thought it was very one sided in favor of the clippers (im not biased)...bad perimeter defense (too much ball watching and out of position when clippers swing the ball)---> horrible defense by harden, let reddick have 12 pts? in the 1st quarter. Lin didn't do so good either on defense, but I didn't expect Lin to stop/slow chris paul by himself. clippers had 78 points in the first half.

Im surprised Mchale didnt put Parsons on Reddick to start the game. I remembered when they played GS Warriors last season Parsons started out guarding Klay Thompson. Similar style, both Reddick/Thompson run around court and screens to catch and shoot. Harden got burnt :/

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You mean there are more games?