1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 12/28/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 28, 2017.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

His arms are hovering him. Not hugging. Play the video

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

A serious question, are travels review-able? If yes they missed a massive opportunity. If no, why the hell not?

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hovering? You can't do that either because you are preventing his arms from moving, this is a hug by NBA standards. Maybe Harden could have done a swim move or something lol.

He comes up to Harden, hugs him, then hooks his arm, then Harden shoves him back.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nah man, i don't really think so, and tbf, travelling in the nba has never been a thing, in fiba refs are calling travel, in the nba they just call those sometimes...if they want...if they care...and if a not known player makes them.

5. amaru

amaru Member

Paul can’t believe the calls lol

adw likes this.
  6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Harden has been in the league for 9 years...he let Marcus Smart punk him...twice! Yea Harden needs to stop having smoke blown up his a$$, and leaders within the team need to call him out on it...MDA needs to demand more from Harden...but this is where Ariza, CP3, Nene, Tucker need to light up Harden...

cheke64 likes this.
  7. NickKent

NickKent Member

I was firmly on the "Fire Kevin McHale" bandwagon, but his comments on the preseason are dead on in describing Harden. When **** is hitting the fan, he turns into a braindead, mentally weak turnover machine. Tonight was just a latest example of that. We need CP3 back.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the most pertinent thing to take away from that video is CP3's reaction. he knows the fix was in

adw and amaru like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You guys are defending a notorious flopper.

Smart does this EVERYTIME

Practically, go to NBA reddit or any neutral forum and see how non-rocket fans...EVEN BOSTON FANS are laughing that Smart keeps getting away with this.

11. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

The thing though is that neutral fans also say this about Harden and his ref-baiting game. So while what you say has truth regarding Smart, there's a lot of schadenfreude about it that it happened against Harden.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I know that Flopcus Smart...is skilled at getting under your skin...High IQ superstar bball players dont let scrubs punk you. Smart punked Harden twice.

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Tony Brothers was staring right at Marcus Smart when he traveled.

Right at him.

**** the NBA.

Remix, adw and amaru like this.
  14. Rockets4Life13

Remember the last seconds play against boston last year? Isaiah thomas goes down (i think intentionally) then trips ariza while he’s on the ground and someone (i think horford blew the layup) and then smart had easily the worst flop in nba history.
    He took off like a fkin airplane and started flying. This guy should be fined exponentionally more for every flop. Eventually he will stop.

15. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Atleast the Astros beat the Redsox on their way to a Worldseries. Trying to make me feel better after this chokejob. Celtics will always be Lebrons biatch anyway.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

And Smart admits it was a little nudge.

**** the NBA.

adw likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

The sad thing about these Smart flops to me is that they actually remind me of Dwight being baited by some random scrubs and getting a techincal etc, again, those were flops and they shouldn't have call them, but i expect smarter decisions by James in that situation since a flop by Smart was 101% coming, he could've move early and get the ball from PJ instead of staying there waiting to get hugged or whatever.

18. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

If they did that Smart might get fined a lot. But so would Harden. Let's not kid ourselves.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How was he suppose to make separation?

Rocket River

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Both are true, Harden baits refs and Smart flops.

The messed up part about Smart though is that he always does this at the end of games and somehow gets these calls.