1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 12/28/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 28, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Welp...they are on a b2b?

We really need this one, especially since our next game is tomorrow...

2. Jimmy Chitwood

3. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Have faith.

Over/under 7.5 players play for us tonight.

SIL

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Area 21 is dog ****.

SIL

cerophilik and Red Nation RGV like this.
  5. Rockets4Life13

Harden,cp,capela ~> unbeatable
    Harden,cp3 -> still very good
    Harden by himself-> meh

Idk if this is the 4th straight today...

6. musketoon

musketoon Member

Which person on Boston is gonna go off for 40+?

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

“Chris Paul has a groin strain and the hope was he could play either Thursday or in Friday night's game at Washington -- not in both.

"I'm not confident," coach Mike D'Antoni told the Houston Chronicle. "He wants to (play). Trying to hold him back is hard. We want to make sure he's 100 percent. I'm confident against the Lakers at home (on Monday) he'll be back. I'm hopeful for one of these two games, but I don't want to go there yet."

Talking about Capela, D'Antoni said, "He's the one guy that gives us that weapon on lobs and dunks and rim protection. "He's the one vertical (spacing) guy. We can do it without him. We need to do it. But that's kind of like the straw that breaks the camel's back. When you have Chris and Luc (shoulder) out, that's three of your top guys and three of your best defenders. That makes it tough.“”

Boston isn’t unbeatable so I have faith. They have struggled a little bit going 5-5 in their last 10. Their defense and rebounding have been slipping. In their past 12 games they have ranked 14th in offensive efficiency and 16th in defensive efficiency. They will also be without Jaylen Brown.

Let’s go Rockets.

DonKnock, Roxs-Redemption and Ramo$e like this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

playing @Boston is easily one of the hardest away games of the year even if they are on a b2b. CP3 should just rest so we get a boost for the next game.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Roxs-Redemption

If Tucker/Ariza/Road Ryno can stop Tatum from heating up too quick, try to contain Kyrie with Nene/Black stopping Baines we can win this. Harden may need to go 40+ if it's only him who got the hot hand, and I hope he isnt shy about lobbing up plays with Gerald Green with the dunks. #RunAsOne
    Believe in H-town! Go Rockets

10. dlite316

dlite316 Member

Boston playing the 2nd game of b2b, and we r missing several key players on the road!
    Lets hope HarGod Ego and ROAD Ryno take us to victory!
    Go Rockets!

DonKnock and dragonwill like this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

whoop!

#71 heypartner, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  12. UrbanEnterprise

Well as of this point, I just hope we can hold on to the #2 seed. I think we've lost the #1 seed already. Schedule gets tougher for us and the Spurs are getting stronger as well.

Warriors getting Steph back Saturday maybe so I'm not expecting them to lose anytime soon.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

One we get Cp3 back, we are not expecting to loose either. We just need him Capela and Luc back healthy.

15. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

NBA is cracking down on sitting stars on the road. Only way to do this is for Rockets to announce that Harden is sitting due to "soreness" or something.

16. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

He is already ruled out, Jaylen brown and morris are also out for the celts.
    Its a tough game but i feel we need this game really badly. Get the confidence back up and also show that u can win without capela and paul. That would do wonders for team confidence and probably allow us to rest cp3 tomorrow.
    I am pretty sure todays result has nothing to do with pauls availability tomorrow but it could give us more leeway to rest him

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

should be a good game.....Ryan Anderson to hit 6 threes and get 25pts in a good road win

18. macan

macan Member

let's go rockets! let's handle these peter pans with authority!

19. eslate22

eslate22 Member

why the hell is it blacked out on tnt?

20. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Lol I’ve just put on the game. And I was looking for green.
    Funny thing is he was just getting the teams jersey and sweater. He was smiling and the staff too then was warming up and shooting.