1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 12/27/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2022.

1. ThrillaNManilla

Anyone remember the infomercials for "Anyone affected by COPD, please call this number" Need one of these for the SOFs

2. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

Green played the whole 3rd and missed first 2 shots in 3rd .. so Silas sit him to rest … (did you watch the game)

Eason and GM were subbed together - clearly you didn’t watch the game

3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I really hope KPJ can keep up this low turnover thing, I was really getting tired of him struggling to be a point guard.

4. ThrillaNManilla

Calm down, my guy. I can see your blood pressure rising.

daywalker02 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  5. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

He couldn’t hold his post position , which killed any entry passes to him … and he has no jumpshot so basically he was nothing more than a rebounding traffic cone

Dobbizzle and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  6. WestendMassive

burlesk and ThrillaNManilla like this.
  7. The geth & the reaper

Who the heck are those? I don’t think I’ve seen any of them, or is this an inside joke I’m not aware of ?

Ren ason and Dobbizzle like this.
  8. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

lol I’m good, feet kicked up eating some Blue Bell waiting on the SOFs tears to warm up so I can take a shower

9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

How many times was he really able to establish position to do so? Smart was fighting him all night, to the point at times I was genuinely thinking "what, they're just going to let him push him around and call nothing?" I think it's clear they planned for Sengun, they were denying him whenever they could. It's not even really his fault, it's a top team doing what they do, I don't feel that negative about Sengun's performance tbh - I expect him to have games where he hits a roadblock he hasn't figured out yet, that's what it means to be a young player. In a couple of years once he's actually the player a lot of his fans already think he is this won't happen. He's very easy to plan for right now because he only really has the post where he's a known threat (the top of the arc handoffs aren't the same as when he gets to work in the post,) so you know what's coming. Once he gets more confident at range - whether 3 or outside 2's - it'll be a lot more difficult to shut him down. Same goes for once he's fully matured into his body, players like Smart just won't be able to manhandle him in the same way.

jdjd, ramotadab and harold bingo like this.
  10. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

You sure you don't mean "Sengun ONLY fan" hater?
    I'm an Alpie fan for sure but not a SOF!
    I recognize Alpie has some deficiencies but I still love him and am glad we have him!

Same with Jalen.
    Love him, glad we have him but recognize his flaws as well.

To me tonight was an example of the "way" we play being able to work against a bottom feeder but not a good team!
    Boston really shares the ball as a team and knows where each other is on the court.
    You can tell they practice it often.

When you're more freestyle like Silas coaches/allows you're never sure EXACTLY where your teammate's will be.
    That's why when Boston turned up the defensive pressure and our passes are off by just a little bit it's a turnover.

Also why I'm skeptical of Silas' system being able to ever win it all!

hakeem94, ramotadab, Ren ason and 2 others like this.
  11. ThrillaNManilla

He's the real Goon on the Rockets. This video is a tragedy gold.

hakeem94 and WestendMassive like this.
  12. OkayAyeReloaded

The second game of a back-to-back against the current best team and record in the league. We played hard but they pulled it out and caused a few matchup problems, shake it off, rest/regroup, and move on to the next.

13. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Idk maybe I need to watch it again but I didn't see it this way. Looked like he just didn't get many opportunities after a couple possessions didn't go his way early. Second half it looked kind of like he was sulking (maybe tired?) but he wasn't demanding the ball like he usually does. Looked kind of like he gave up to me. But I didn't see him failing to post up Marcus Smart.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. ThrillaNManilla

Lol ok. Respect

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure, I mean both "Sengun only" and "Sengun first" fans. Hell, I'm a Sengun fan myself, I'm just not trying to buy his bath water like some of these crazies.

The only Rockets I don't like are Gordon, Tate, and Christopher.

Alpifan likes this.
  16. burlesk

burlesk Serious business

Been holding out, but gotta admit Tom Cruise in the new Top Gun looks dope.

17. ThrillaNManilla

I mean there is only one - @gfab-babyboi. He's quite persistent tho. Gotta respect the hours he puts in to defending Silas.

18. burlesk

burlesk Serious business

You had me at "ruddy"

19. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

Or you could read multiple most above - or listen to the post game questions / answers

20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I think it was less "failing to post up" and more that they knew what was coming every single time we tried to go there. And Smart really was getting hella physical the entire time, despite the height difference it's still a grown ass man and DPOY and a young man who's still developing battling it out. I definitely don't think he looked anywhere near his usual comfort level in sealing his man so he can get to work. It's a learning moment, you know he's getting in the gym and working that **** out, I agree you could see on his face how much it bothered him tonight.

Alpifan likes this.