1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 11/22/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2021.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

this coach is a nice guy, n makes his players all NICE guys.
    he and the front office are not developing players, they are seriously killing talents n building up kinda losing culture - there ain't any on court leader, ain't any voices in the locker room, ain't any bad boys hustling, wrestling and trash talking, ain't any crazy bench players at the sideline shout-out, jumping ups and downs or rally towel.
    seeing them losing without learning from it, just like seeing a knucklehead's foot caught a rock and stumbled, once he stood up, the same place and same rock, stumbled, its just on and on...

[​IMG]

my only curiosity is, when on hell this knucklehead could change another way to stumble. it's a F loop.

ArtV, Dobbizzle and Joe Rocket like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I've thought about this a lot. I've even played on an intramural college basketball team that lost by 15 every game. It was terrible. Very easy to quit.

These guys have to be miserable; you'd think this would make them extremely coachable and willing to change.

#962 napalm06, Nov 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

That premise assumes that the coach is trying to change anything, and that they're not already running what the coach is telling them to run...

ArtV likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

“It’s a fine line, it’s definitely a fine line,” Rockets coach Stephen Silas said. “It is tough because you put so much into the preparation part and you put so much into every game, … you don’t want to feel that disappointment every night. So, it is a tough line to … walk. Our guys, they are really good kids. They are driven. And they are doing their best. As long as they are moving forward as far as our play, as far as our execution, as far as playing hard every night, then it’s a little bit easier to swallow the disappointment of the losses.

“At some point, we’re going to get over this hump. This is going to be the character building as far as ‘remember when.’ When we get through it and we look back, we’ll see the character that was built as a result of this moment.”

“We have 19-year-olds on the floor,” Silas said. “We have a young 21-year-old point guard (Kevin Porter Jr.) We have a second-year player (Jae’Sean Tate) playing the three. Christian Wood is still a young player. We’re looking at other teams that have gone through this, and we’re staying positive. And we’re keeping the pressure on as far as coaching the guys and making sure we’re at least attempting to do the right things as much as possible.”

“When we get through it, we’re going to look back on it as character building,” Silas said. “If you look at it and are so disappointed that you don’t build character as a result, you don’t have the character in the first place. Then, that’s the problem. I love my group and we’re getting through it.”

DeBeards likes this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol character building

6. csc177

csc177 Member

I was initially a defender because he was a guy that waited forever for the chance at HC and I felt he was dealt a terrible hand inheriting a team that was a solid playoff contender. Then the wheels came off, Harden left, you know the rest.

But from what i've seen last season and 16 games this year...he's not the guy...I know re-building is tough to watch, but these dudes aren't developing, the lineups/rotations make no sense and the offense/defense schemes are a joke.

steddinotayto likes this.