1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 11/22/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what are the chances of this happening? once in a 50 years? take note that near the half of the league is also tanking

besides its not fan to win when you handed wins on golden platter...its anti basketball...the fun is to exceed expectations and win....

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

sengun needs to up his game first, nail polish, photo sessions, a girly haircut for this to happen

4. Toothlessaggression

I’ve seen enough. Make Gerald Green the coach.

Joe Rocket and hakeem94 like this.
  5. gogispade

gogispade Member

so much hate :D

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep, silas so weird

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I agree with you. I can’t believe he doesn’t take time to put hair products, flat iron that birds nest.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nutty.

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

When thinking about tanking/losing, I guess it’s easy for us because we can just find other things to do besides watch loss after loss. I’ve never actually thought about how it makes players feel. I assumed they’d just focus on their paycheck or individual success. But if you’re out there losing nearly every single game, having other grown men clown on you, watching them laugh from their bench in victory... I don’t know. I would probably be angry and frustrated all the time. I’d be flagrantly fouling everyone.

DeBeards and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. csc177

csc177 Member

I was a Silas defender, but I think he's in way over his head. If he had a superstar (like Harden which he thought he was inheriting) it would have hidden most of these flaws. Dude is not the guy to lead a team, let alone a young rebuilding team.

He's a NICE GUY though, lets not forget that :cool:. His dad was a nice guy also, but he too was not a good coach (387-448 record). Helluva ball player though.

DaDakota likes this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Jesus, I just finished the 3rd quarter. This is brutal. This is one of the worst games we've played all year.

12. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Another competitive loss!!! Nice job guys! :)

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Curious...what led you to become a Silas defender? Not trying to start anything I'm just genuinely curious.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I was a Silas defender because he led the most efficient offense in the NBA in his final season with the Mavs.

I was a Silas defender because he worked so hard to get out of his father's shadow.

I was a Silas defender because he had a Brown education.

I was a Silas defender because he worked with other stars in their rookie year. Lebron, Steph and Luka aren't bad guys to have worked with.

I was a Silas defender because he seemed like a nice guy.

I honestly wouldn't fire him still. I think it's valuable to let him have a full season and see if the team improves. I was ready to cut bait but he's been dealt a bad hand. Rockets play 4 winnable games next week.OKC 2x, Orlando and New Orleans. If they go 0-4, there's no defense.

Stone needs to clear some vets out of here December 15th.

I'd take minutes from Viper's Garuba, Trevelin Queen, Anthony Lamb, Nix and Kabengele over DJ Augustin, Danuel House, Eric Gordon, Daniel Theis, David Nwaba checking in.

Hank McDowell and steddinotayto like this.
  15. Newlin

Newlin Member

If we replaced Green and Porter with average NBA players, then the Rockets might be a .500 team. Those two guys are really dragging the team down. However, I get it. Green and Porter are very physically gifted players and they may ultimately be quality NBA players.

I’d like to see Brooks, Martin, and Christopher get more minutes just to see what they can do. But, it’s still early in the season.

Dovahkiin and DaDakota like this.
  16. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

It's ok to live the cycle of the NBA. But I think we did not deserve one of the worst teams in the history of the league. I actually love the sport and watch tons of NBA. And these couple of years have hurt the credibility of the business on my eyes.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

external-content.duckduckgo-4.gif

treyk3 likes this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

And Morey was high on him too.

Smart people liked Silas.

He's making them look dumb but I'd like to see where this goes.

I personally want John Lucas to be gone. I think his confrontational ways are toxic and I wouldn't be shocked if he's salivating at the chance to take over this team.

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

How can you be experimenting when you have the same starting lineup since the start of the season and the only reason you change rotation is due to injury. Everything Silas says is an excuse but its not actually the truth.

20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This is a great take and I agree with just about all of it. Silas seemed like the right hire at the time, but times change and he needs to show something. There’s very little to defend right now. I still badly want for him to succeed, but come on, you’ve got to show us something. Anything. Right now there’s absolutely nothing.

Rocket River and treyk3 like this.