1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 11/22/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2021.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Gordon
    Green
    Jc
    Tate
    Sengun

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Fair point... but you also want him to play in the 2nd half... he had 3 (or 4?) in 1st half

I did think Silas would play him and the group that was very effective (Snipa, DJ, Mathews, Sengawd) together more... but yeah... Coaches gonna (NOT) coach

3. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no one outside of Brooks and Augustine can hit over 35% from 3 … so basically the Rockets (Stone) has built a team that doesn’t fit….

If we had decent shooters …even from midrange .. it would open the lane up

How many games do we have to watch teams play the exact same defense and us miss 10-15 wide open 3’s in a row before folks realize it’s a Talent issue

palmsnbananas and HP3 like this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

if the age of the roster were older, i might just agree with you.

Trusting 19 and 20 year olds to run a game plan is never going to work. You are going to be so inconsistent from game to game.

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

To be fair, this is the only game Brooks has shown anything

6. WestendMassive

[​IMG]

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Wrong KJ and Sengun do and they both should start. Everyone ****ing knows that but Silas. Sengun has been our best three point shooter.

8. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Right but he's outplayed Theis in 80% of the games, and the starting lineup is absolute garbage with Theis

hakeem94 and conquistador#11 like this.
  9. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Sengun cannot shoot the 3 at a consistent rate , it’s why he doesn’t shoot them unless he is forced…thankfully he hasn’t been brainwashed into midrange is bad

it’s okay to be a fan of a player but you have to remain realistic with takes

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Jesus this is a bad take. OK so Sengun's 3pointers dont count thats seriously your take? Please direct your asinine commentary to yourself and be man enough to admit when youre wrong about something.

11. BunkoBenny

BunkoBenny Member

Just curious for those who watch every game or most games, percentage chance that Woods is still on the roster opening night 2022? He has one year left on his deal after this season and while I do not think you give him away, I'm inclined to believe you get much more trading him at the deadline, during the 2022 draft or before next season starts than waiting until Feb 2023 to trade him. He'll be 28 at the time he becomes a UFA and while it is certainly possible he can re-sign does it make sense to re-sign him for the dollars he'll be looking for when this team looks like it is two years away from being two years away.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

No you just a Sengun only fan and I’m a Rockets fan..and been a Rockets fan for 40yrs.

As much as Sengun is left open above the 3pt line if he was even half decent at shooting 3s he would be taking 5 or more a game… he’s not, he’s smart enough to know that so he doesn’t.

HP3 likes this.
  14. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think I have grown to hate Danel Thesis. Not him or his game, per se, but how he is used and the fact that he's still ahead of Sengun in the rotation when it's been pretty clear who the more impactful player is

15. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Very very low, he’s a bench player not a starter, and without someone like a Harden / Curry / CP3 he’s not a impact player

BigShasta likes this.
  16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun and his perm need to start.

17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

LMAO Holy **** did you just call me a Sengun only fan because I said he can shoot threes LMAO Im just going to slowly back away from your dumb ass. Im sorry I responded to you. Holy **** theres some jack asses on this board lol

DeBeards, BigShasta and clutchdabear like this.
  18. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Extra points for not passing to House

ramotadab likes this.
  19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

You're preaching to the choir on that one.... check my posts

hakeem94 and palmsnbananas like this.
  20. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Imagine calling someone else dumb instead of admitting that you’re wrong. No one will back you up that he’s a good 3pt shooter .. so go ahead and run off… remember you incorrectly tried to correct me.

BigShasta and HP3 like this.