1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 11/22/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Imagine the legacy.

"Ahhh yes the Silas', I've heard of them. Father and son accomplished being NBA coaches!"

"hey so i'm looking in the record book and ahhhhh... Silas Snr had some crazy record that no one could break.... until ahhh Silas Jr came around and did it with ease"

hakeem94, WestendMassive and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Its hard to see that light, but I appreciate you letting us know is there bro. Some franchises take 20+ years to reach that light, hoping that isn't us.

DeBeards likes this.
  3. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

After wood hit that williams guy in the nuts. Makes me sick to see him smiling around. We have 1 win. Nothing to smile about.

Looks like harden knew what was up, we signing wood and trading for wall wont cut it... now here we are. We cant even stay competitive for less than 3qrts of a game.

Long season..buckle up.

hakeem94, RasaqBoi and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

At some point the record has to matter when it comes to firing Silas.

Yeah this is a young team, but It's not like he's playing all the 19 year olds....

He's only playing two of them and one of them he's not playing enough.

The only game they've won came on an outlier performance.
    I just cannot fathom that any good coach could not have at least pulled out one more W.

It's time to fire this guy and see if Lucas can at least bring some discipline because I don't see the benefit of having Silas around at this point. The Rockets are still going to have a lot of ping pong balls regardless of who coaches from here on out. They at least need someone to start having these guys develop good habits for the future.

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

[​IMG]

6. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Silas can’t improve someone hitting wide open 3s… or Free Throws … he can only help limit turnovers

HP3 and Joe Rocket like this.
  7. thekad

thekad Member

8. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Yes, I was writing about garbage time. Yes.
    No need for him to be out there if whoever gets the ball is going to chuck it at the hoop.

HP3 likes this.
  9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Sengun needs to start. More minutes for Martin, JC, and Brooks. Trade Theis, House and Gordon asap. Let Sengun and Green play together.

Green had a good last 4 games but his 3 pt shot looked so much better in G and summer league. Keep working youngin.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I don't care if Sengun fouls out at this point, I would play the man all 48 minutes if I could. He can play with 5 fouls in the first 5 minutes for all I care, let the man play until he takes himself outta the game.

11. jch1911

jch1911 Member

To be fair, Sengawd did get himself in foul trouble
    Honestly... it's the only thing really holding him back (he gets some silly fouls and then reacts like EGo)

HP3, cmoak1982 and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

Team free throw 70% and Turnovers (15) were not terrible. Part of that is we didn't ran too much fastbreaks (9 pts), which I guess I'm ok with if it meant less TOs.

But they definitely out rebounded us, (49 to their 63).

Three pointers: HOU's baaaad 26.2% to Celtic's meh 34.3%). Part of that was mis calculating is coaching; several of the starters came out the half shooting 3's (but missed). The coach ask the team to gamble, and the 3's either bricked or missed entirely.

DeBeards likes this.
  13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Yeah we cant blame EVERYTHING on Silas but he does ocntrol who is out there and that largely controls who is gonna get those open shots and its usually someone who cant shoot threes.

#853 Joe Rocket, Nov 22, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not trying to hear it.

ElPigto, DeBeards, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  15. Rockets4Life13

Sengun is a bench player playing 16 minutes a game. You dont pull bench players because of fouls. You do that with VERY important starters and your stars.

We all know how good Sengun is but Silas doesn't so it doesn't make sense to "save" him because he has fouls.

16. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Got it! He will play competitive minutes by sitting on the bench.

Maybe if we make him sit all game long, he will improve even more. Or maybe not, since I am slow, probably that is not true. Oh man, this is so hard. Let me think a little bit and I'll write back.

17. Rockets4Life13

He's mastered the empty calorie PR answers. Dude has no ****ing clue.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  18. WestendMassive

Hey, did you know that they were both really NICE GUYS?

DeBeards likes this.
  19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

If we are losing and we are supposed to be losing I just dont get why we are overplaying vets and people like JC barely get time. All these people that defend Silas say anyone would lose with this team. OK fine but why arent we playing ALL of the young guys then. This ****er is trying to win he is just too stupid and doesnt know how. That is the only excuse that is left.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. OkayAyeReloaded

I hear ya but just looking at Sengun individually, he's averaging almost 6 fouls per 36 minutes.

As an individual player he would foul out every game theoretically if he played 36 a game.

Big fan of Sengun but he's got to get that under control.

[​IMG]

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/sengual01.html

gfab-babyboi and jch1911 like this.