1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/30/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I missed the game and watching the replay I'm glad I know Rox win or I would be screaming at the TV.

2. vizier

vizier Member

This is like DMO v10 from last year!

3. theimpossibles1

This is the first Rockets game ever where point shaving entered my mind. Some strange, strange play from the Rockets in the second half. The line was -7. Harden missed the first free throw on that final trip. Ref called that bogus offensive foul and traveling right at the end. Just saying. Weird stuff.

1 person likes this.
  4. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

worst game from harden.. but, that's OK.

dmo picked him up.

all in all, frustrating game.

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's sad that DMo is miles and miles ahead of Dwight offensively now. The difference? One of those guys works his ass off. The other relies on decaying athleticism.

6. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Your saying Dwight doesn't work on his GAME!?!?! He's out there working on his "Three Point Shot" before every game!!! SO JUST STOP IT!!!!

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

What's with the bear hug / grapple on Harden the last few games?

If it's not being called when teams are holding Harden, McHale should instruct the team to literally bear hug everyone of the opposition players on the next inbound...if it costs us a foul, so be it.

But at least we can send a message to the refs that if they're going to do it, so will we.

...and the offensive fouls & no calls against the MVP are ridiculous. What does he have to do to get a fair go?

Monta Ellis jumps into him on the knee clash last game, offensive foul. Today he was sandwiched then undercut by Sulinger...the red missing the two hacks on his arms & the bump, only calling the foul after Harden almost somersaulted headfirst into the floor.

Teams are now running triple teams, hard doubles, holding, hacking, pushing and undercutting James (esp last two games) because refs aren't calling the fouls.

He's getting the Dwight / Yao treatment at the moment, & it's making me angry!!!

But I'm happy we beat Dallas & Celtics.

8. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

It was also Avery Bradley playing really good defense.

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Awesome win!

When your one and only elite player goes 4-21 and you still win, that's an awesome win. DMo, Smith, and Brewer were fantastic.

Do the Rockets have one of the best bench units in the NBA?

10. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Not according to the stats. For the month of January our bench is rated 30th in efficiency, 19th in FG% w/ 43%, 29th in RPG w/ 10.9, 30th in PPG w/ 22.5, Tied for 26th in APG w/ 4.4. The only thing our bench is doing better than any other team in the league is TURNOVERS :eek:. I was very surprised to see this our bench has only turned the ball over 3.4 times per game in the month of January.

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I'm sorry but can you link me because I can't beleive we have the worst scoring bench this month...

12. RocketTownHou

RocketTownHou Member

Stats may say that we have one of the worst scoring benches, but right now, we have one of the most effective benches in the NBA. And add T. Jones into the mix, it will only get better as he gets stronger.

Still, I want to see our bench make a difference when we play Golden State, Atlanta, Memphis and the like.

Which leads me to ask: Is our bench better than our starters? Or better said, is our bench more impactful in the game than our starters?

13. i3artow i3aller

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm so proud of D-mo!! I can't wait for TJ and Dwight to be fully back we will be deadly!!

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Quoting you again to get this on the next page.

Great game by DMO. I missed it unfortunately, dude has really developed. It's been awesome watching him compared to day one.

16. Sconky

Sconky New Member

D-Mo was great! Let Dwight rest until playoffs. Harden is human, hope this type of game is rare. If he truly wants to be MVP, he can't afford any more bad games.

17. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

18. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

^^after further looking at the stats when you calculate totals, Rockets bench had the 6th most pts made in the league in the month of January...however still scratching my head how in the world we scored the 6th most amount of points but averaged out to be last in the league...those were not my numbers. Please check the link though that's where I got the numbers previously.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The Rockets have one very creative graphic artist. He was mentioned by name a few weeks back on the Rockets twitter. Forgot his name