1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/25/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Need a player's only meeting. Refocus, starting with defense.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Need a players only 'seppuku' place the blade in the abdomen and disembowel. I'm JK...

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It's called padding your stats. He scored most of those points when the game was completely out of reach.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Brewer should start first. I'm JK. :p

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You take this entertainment Bball game too seriously.......JK

Tha_Dude likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I watched the game I never felt the game was completely out of reach until like the last 2-3 mins maybe?

D-rock likes this.
  7. PeppermintCandy

Always sucks to lose but the team's a bit worn out and has health issues right now. Anderson and Capela are probably not 100% yet, and, of course, they were without Gordon, their second scorer.

Hopefully, they can hang on until the All Star break and then get some much needed rest.

Going by the play-by-play, Harden was up to 23 points with about 4 minutes lefts in the game when the Rockets were down by just 4.
    For the next two minutes, the team goes into an offensive lull.

Harden then hit his next shot, a three pointer, with 1:51 remaining to bring the team to within 8. Still not completely out of reach.

You can say Harden's final five points are meaningless because the Rockets were unable to get any closer, but it doesn't seem to me that he was just out there padding his stats.

#927 PeppermintCandy, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  8. OTMax

OTMax Member

IT made us his b**** and I really wish we had him on our team. Wanted him since his first year and people were skeptical, but guy keeps pouring it on. I like his leadership over Harden's too right now. Our alpha dog is starting to piss me off with his watching on defense, not helping out and just letting people blow by. He's still far from a leader and probably will never be one. You could see that other players were ticked off and at some point you could see Ariza not even try to cover for James. When Harden turned or said something, Ariza just kept running along. Very worrisome sign! This is not good at all. Sure as hell Harden does not deserve MVP right now. Pathetic display of leadership, team spirit by not just James and bad coaching.

Rodman23 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

solid? these are all time great and straight MVP numbers for any other player in the league...harden is one of the greatest players ever...we just got used to his gigantic production that we doesn't even notice it...

D-rock likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thnx bro, inspiring, though i like better the kobe version, much better singing

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

So you're saying we're now pretenders, right?

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that Kobe video is awesome, can't believe I've never seen that before

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nice. so we got THAT going for us, which is nice.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

honestly, dantoni is coach of the century after saying this he won the internet for me and the universe

D-rock likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agreed, rotation way too short on a very tired team. But MDA doesn't trust end of bench for good reason, would anyone trust Ennis, Bobby or KJ?

Morey needs to churn the bottom of the roster for guys who can actually contribute. And he needs to do it pronto, actually a couple of weeks late.

Long athletic rim protecting 5 (preferably a player that doesn't always have to be rested), another point with 3 ball ability and a true 3-D wing to back up Ariza.

17. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Maybe I'm way off but it seems like the Rockets' slump coincides pretty well with Gordon's health issues? Harden is the main guy obviously, but if they don't have Gordon healthy and doing his stuff at his standard high level, then they're just...whatever they were last season.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Like everybody has said here, the players are just too worn out, thanks to a merciless NBA schedule.

They need rest and some time off from each other, come back and press on the reset button. In the meanwhile, if the shots are not falling, the team needs to fall back on the one thing they can count on: play better defense.

I still have high hopes for this season. This is just a bump in a long ass season.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

honestly i am on a limb of saying i like that the slump is happening i like that we are defeated by not so great teams night in and night out
    cause i beleive you never lose you just learn what is not working

Gordon has been doing for us what klay has been doing for warriors hitting 3s , impossible 3s, several feet behind the line 3s, over the hands of denfenders 3s....
    now that he is injured and/or in slump our system doesnt work, it only goes to show what kind of players you need to surround harden with...

it gotta be be 3 pt shooters...they even dont have to be great defenders you dont even need to have the rim protection but you gotta have personel who will hit 3s large volume 3pt shooters and not only one of them you need several people who can do that...

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance