1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/25/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2017.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Y'all disappointed and ******** bricks because you raised expectations too high too fast based on the awesome stretch from Dec to about MiD Jan.

People were talking about catching the Spurs and 2nd seed

Now revisit your expectations and you'll enjoy the ride again

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

**** Harden's rotation on defense was horrible tonight as well. He doesn't ever move his feet and he tries to poke the ball away from behind. And after his turnovers dude either don't get back or he half ass play D when he do.

bilaal14 likes this.
  3. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Id prefer to know what they were talking about before thinking that way. I have NO problem with Harden being held accountable for his play, no matter how good he is - or how rookie another guy is. Now if Harden was correcting Dekker and Sam was being defensive and confrontational, thats an issue.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sht. Harden played like sht, but he still post 30 points, 6 rebounds, 12 assists, and 7 turnovers. From all the b****ing from joomba and me watching the game, I honestly thought James was legit sucking and not doing anything this game. Fool still found a way to put up solid stats.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

the team is wandering. Must have focus. Be like water. Play like water. Slip on water. Must be no water. Be like ball instead.

hakeem94 and bilaal14 like this.
  6. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Lol... pretty 'safe' comment to make? No one can argue, because we will never see it happen. Its not like the Rockets didnt want him back.... no pun intended.

7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

No.

My expectations werent too high. I figured 50 wins, perhaps a 1st round victory. At most.

The Rockets have been playing very bad basketball as of late. This is not just a case of overestimating their abilities.

Their D, inconsistent O, rebounding, poor help defense, inability to hit the 3 (and keep taking them) and turnovers have made them not only lose much more often than they need to (so many winnable games...), but 10 of the last 15 games have been really, really hard to watch.

Its reminding us of 15-16... the most unwatchable season of Rockets basketball.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

14 games so far in January ...today the 25th of January.

1 game last 24 hours (@ Boston)
    2 games in last 3 days
    3 games in last 5 days
    4 games in last 6 days
    5 games in last 8 days
    6 games in last 9 days
    7 games in last 11 days
    8 games in last 13 days
    9 games in last 15 days
    10 games in last 16 days
    11 games in last 18 days
    12 games in last 20 days
    13 games in last 21 days
    14 games in last 25 days

6 home games
    8 road games
    4 back-to-backs

hakeem94, Hakeemtheking and Vivi like this.
  9. Chamillionaire

We got a short rotation too. MDA should have been giving KJ and Ennis minutes too... To showcase them for a trade of course.

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  10. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Even with pringles and co. we still seem to have some of the lowest b-ball IQ in the league. (Been that way since Rick left if you ask me)
    They seem content on switching EVERY p&r on every possession no matter what which always leave guys like Ariza and Bev under the basket guarding a big.
    Yet they wonder why we have issues ssecuring the glass most nights smh

11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

didn't get to watch the game. but saw that only 8 players played? and brewer with 20+minutes

getting really tired of seeing MDA not even try new lineups/rotations.

how is this is 2017 and brewer STILL gets 20mpg???

bilaal14 and Stormy1234 like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Corey Brewer is a champion - both in the NCAA & NBA. He's a veteran. He's heart & hustle personified. He's a great man, even better worse player. I'd take him on my team any day.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Seasons over. We don't stand a chance against the Warriors. None.

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Lackadaisical defense, poor effort, broke shot, no accountability, and no leadership to how he has played the last 8 games.... I DO GIVE A CRAP about this numbers... nor do I care that he is going to the MVP of the NBA.... the fact of the matter is he has stunk in up on the defensive end.... not because of him giving an effort.... but because just refuses to play Defense after turnovers or when the player blows by him..... he continues to jack up 3s when the shot isnt falling and he has the ability to take the ball inside and make a play.....

Also he has been turning the ball over carelessly, and then expects his teammates to cover for his lack of defense in transition.... He has to be held accountable for his misdeeds....

On the other hand, the teams defense and especially the pick and roll defense has been str8 up garbage.... I know we are small, but our BIGS have to be the worst rebounding centers and bigs in the NBA....... As a team out shooting has been off, and we lack the mental capacity to attack and create shots in that matter when nothing is falling.... truly living and dying by the three... I hope we make a move soon....

No worries tho.... Rockets will bounce back with the heavy home games and the low tier talents that is coming to town... I hope the Rockets can feed on the weak and once again get their chemistry, groove, and momentum back for the the RUN that is expected.....

We will get to 58+ wins...... YOOL B!

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

17. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Duh Ariza Duh.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Enjoy the moment!

DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

No wonder TC is always empty.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The season was over the moment that the Warriors signed KD.

Everyone is just cruising along and praying for a Warriors injury.

Hakeemtheking likes this.