1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2013.

1. New

Sorry. I was over-reacting. I liked the Pistons when they were playing team-ball only because of their style...

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Why are you blaming all the missed free throws and loss of the game to the Celtics on Lin? Yes he missed two, but the whole team missed 17 out of 29 free throws. The team's 41.4 FT% for this game was absolutely terrible. Even Harden missed 3 out of 7.

You concealed all this information about the whole team's miserable free throw misses in this game and only mentioned Lin's. I can't help but question your motive in doing so.

3. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Dude, his shots HAVE been falling as of late. I don't think Mchale is going to bench Lin anymore since the Spurs game and those 120 point games the last 10 or so games. It's just that, when you see people trying to find fault with you all your life, like how Lin has, you just think twice about shooting it. For example, the media, coaches are so prone to say Lin is a TO machine. Look at Harden. According to the Boston commentators, Harden is number 4 in points, 1 in FT attempts, 1 in FT made, and 1 in TURNOVERS in the league. Guess what? NOONE talks about it! Lin does get double standards both ways. I'm just guessing, I could be wrong. But that's how I AM READING it.

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

As funny as this may sound their combine stats across the board is worse then Lin's. And Lin's stats were just decent. 12points/6assist/5rebounds/3steals (versus 10/2/8/2). We had no Forwards tonight just two Backwards.:grin:

5. Luca

Luca Member

Our defence today is beyond pathetic. Our front court is non-existent and the missed FTs. Hope they get better tomorrow.

6. visible

visible Member

don't dream about this too much. we only have 0.5 screener at most and 2 pnr players. coach off course is going to give to Harden first. so do not expect any improvement about screen situation to Lin or even Harden. and don't expect Lin can have consistent or solid stats this season either until he learn his middle ranger jumpers or 3 pointer shots. Lin has many weakeness but without PNR will make him look even worse comparing to other starting PGs. But I still believe he can find a way to get himself better.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yet another ****ty game. Man the Rockets are pissing me off lately. 12 for 29? That's a bad THREE POINT percentage, let alone free throws. Sigh. Oh and why the **** are people talking about Lin and Douglas? Again? Sorry I didn't notice, I was too busy getting excited about the ROCKETS coming back to within two points, I wasn't concerned if a specific player was on the floor or not.. wow.

It definitely wasn't one of Lin's best games. Number 1 draft pick? Max? You gotta be kidding.. if Harden (a max player) put up Lin's stats tonight people would be killing him on here. Hell, people are killing him when he puts up 24 and 5..

Factually eh? By what measure? He had an average game, he basically performed right at his averages.

If a team is making a run, you leave them out there. You don't substitute someone if the five guys on the floor are playing well for the first time tonight.

8. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I agree.

9. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

We are a PF short from really being in the same league as the Celtics. If we had a PF who could create his own shot, we would be very, very good. Right now our post play interms of scoring is downright farsical.

11. bro2044

bro2044 Member

wait wait wait wait wait

I was at work and missed it, but I can understand losing to the Celtics on the road... it sucks but no biggie.

but...

12-29 FTs? WE LOST THIS GAME BASICALLY BECAUSE OF FREE THROWS???

I would've lost my MIND watching this! Asik was 1-8? He's been good all year, what is going on? That's awful. It just seems like the Rockets are killing themselves, not the other team doing anything special. I'm sure other aspects of the game led to losing, yeh yeh yada yada. 17 FTs missed tho? My GOD what a gift wasted. I'm glad I missed it now.

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

This game is truly a team loss if you look at it closely:
    1. Parsons - Had nice 18 points, but just 2 rebounds, 2 assists, and 0 steals.
    2. Morris - 5 points and 4 rebounds. Nuff said.
    3. Asik - 7 points and 11 rebounds, but 1-8 at the charity line.
    4. Harden - 24 points and 5 assists, but 6 TOs (almost half the team's total)
    5. Lin - Decent stats across the board but that 12 points (9 total shots is way to low). He should have step it up a notch and take more shots and be more aggressive.
    6. Bench - Total 25 points and crappy shooting.

The last two losses were self-inflicting losses. Can't wait for tomorrow's game...

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The whole team played ****ty including Lin. He didn't have a great game if that is what people are trying to argue. The most distrubing facet of tonights game was the lackluster defense especially towards the end.

14. Jedster

Jedster Member

Nothing wrong with liking Lin.
    He's very likeable.

15. Jedster

Jedster Member

I know you're defending Lin sorta...but Lin hasn't been killed by many PG's.
    The only people who score big on him are those who get professional picks from their teammates (as opposed to the amateurish picks the Rocket bigs set).
    :)

16. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

could not agree more. we lost this game because of FT shooting, but mchale is also just a horrendous in game coach. get JL back in the game at garbage time after the rox blew their load. horrible.

17. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

he had a very good first half--especially on defense. then in the 2nd, he stopped attacking. wtf. 9 shots is way too few for jeremy. especially when he's shooting fine.

18. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

You live by outside shooting, and die by outside shooting.

These two losses just highlighted the urgent need of a low post present, if the Rockets want to make the playoff and create some noise then.

19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Looks like Boston ran away with the best rebounding PF in Sullinger. At one point, he outrebounded 4 of our guys including Smith!

McHale still doesn't know what a back-to-back is does he?? Harden 40 minutes...

20. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

You can't score more than 15 points when you are taking less than 10 shots per game. Come on Lin, you have to take more shots.