1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2013.

1. OpportunityCost

With all due respect Nook, these are valid points, but I think we still could've beat this team if we had more dynamic offensive direction on offense. There is just too much free-wheeling out there. Look at Boston's offense, it was a melodic variety of picks and off-the-ball screens to free people up and facilitate scoring. I don't think we loss to this team because we're "young" I think we had enough talent to beat this team, but we had "young" or "immature" offensive coaching, which puts the onus to score wholly on the players ability to beat someone off the dribble one one-on-one without the help of picks or screens. I think the "young team" reason can become a a scape goat or veil to hide other real reasons for a loss.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Some of y'all just don't get it or rather just don't want to. It's about a UNIT that was working. It's not like we were sitting Lebron or MJ. Lin had an excellent game, but he just isn't at a level yet where you mess with a rotation that has been working when nothing else had been all game.

1 person likes this.
  3. Karolik

Karolik Member

Uh, I beg to differ. He got some pressure on the guards which led to some TO's for the Celtics? And does it matter? There have been MULTIPLE times the team has made runs in the lineup with Lin not doing crap either and McHale sticking with that lineup.

Seriously, there have been several games this season where I've questioned leaving Douglas in for Lin but this wasn't one of them.

4. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

*checks join date* 2013? Yep you sure are new here. Anyways I agree, it's unavoidable. Bad game, let's move on

5. lfw

lfw Rookie

Even though Lin was one of the best players on the team tonight, we made a run with Douglas in. McHale played the hot hand and unfortunately stayed with it a little too long. Tough one to come all the way back within 2 points and lose but it's great to know that the Rockets has the ability to come back against some big deficits to have a shot at winning the game against most teams.

6. rocketsmetalspd

It is not Lin that is at fault it is the lack of D which this coaching staff needs to address when the team finally gets some real practice time. The team also lacks a brusing PF that can 1. Rebound 2. Block Shots and 3. Make 12 to 16 ft jumpers(forget the 3s)

7. highlander3128

Asik was figured out and limited to somewhat ineffective.

I say give me Howard. At least he can dunk when given the ball.

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

And for every LOH there are LOF's like these.

9. Peaceful Elbow

wow... a failed attempt at humor :grin:

10. bc2k

bc2k Member

Also, after they got within 2, Boston called timeout then stretched lead back to 10 points within 2 minutes. During that time TD missed of of his attempst (2)

11. alX

alX Member

yeah. some of these fans are embarrassing.
    after a few seasons of mediocre teams, seeing some daylight and glimpses of some future brilliance with this team has made them pretty unreasonable.
    they're expecting everything to happen right now. this young team will both impress and falter. it's all part of the growing process. i expect great things from this team, too but i certainly didn't expect it to happen in half a season.
    i'm proud that they're at this level so quick, but have some patience.
    they'll get there. still a lot of learning to do.

12. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Lmao! You'd prefer Dwight Howard over Asik?! No kidding....

13. Karolik

Karolik Member

He did and I don't blame him for it. Hindsight is 20/20. I would've done the same thing. Frankly I don't think it would've made a difference anyways as the offense was still stagnant with Lin on the court.

14. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

abort thread now lol

15. marry

marry Member

our inside is so poor.

16. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Nope. I also would not have brought Lin back in during that run, but he should've been able to feel that the run was losing energy and during the timeout he should've subbed him back in. Regardless of whether he's a star or not. I'll be the first one to say that he is not even a star this year thus far, but the coaches got to do a better job reading the rhythm. The timeout was clearly the point to bring in fresher legs and your starters to grind out the game.

17. OpportunityCost

I think Patterson can be that PF - sans the blocked shots - however he's just having a major identity crisis right now. He needs to develop his low-post game instead of camping out at the three-point-line.

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Can we stop with this 'McFail' garbage? It's unoriginal, childish, and disrespectful. Criticize him all you want, but at least use the man's name.

19. New

We are just .500 team. Where did we get all the high expectations?

I do not like Mchale's decision on the court, mostly because his time-offs and substitutions do not seem to be effective... I think in the past two games, we have seen the opposing team using almost the same plays several times consecutively and Mchale did not response. His substitution does not depend on how the game plays...

That's not good.

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I don't think so....Harden, Lin, or GOD...5 TOs is way too much for one person (as it shows sloppiness).