1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2013.

1. hbomb

hbomb Member

I want to remain positive. But, i think these past 2 games have exposed fundamental problems:
    1. Poor 1st half starts will be the death of this team eventually, we can't expect to pull of double-digit comebacks each game
    2. No screens set for harden/lin
    3. We revert alot to iso ball
    4. Against good defensive teams we have a complete crash in offence. when our 3's aren't falling and when the lanes are being clogged, we have no other means of scoring
    5. I have a feeling Harden was trying to reach his 25 more than win the game. Not a fundamental problem (we know he shares the ball). Hopefully now that his 25points/game win streak has ended (sadly), he will continue to focus on team ball.
    6. I saw too many open shots been given up, too many unnecessary passes. Like each player was confident to shoot.
    7. Free throws? What happened!
    8. Lin is good. But inconsistent. Had a great game today, 0 TO's, good shooting, good rebounds. But these games come in runs, before a massive stinker of a game. Consistency is the material of champions.

If this continues, we'll be lucky to make the playoffs. I know 2 games are a small sample size to make this assumption, but there were some flaws exposed over these past 2 games. I'm still hopeful for this young team, there is still room for improvement. And we can only get better, so keep your heads up Red Nation.

2. bc2k

bc2k Member

That TD lineup did bring us to back to within 2 points though. However I think McHale should have subbed TD out after Boston called timeout. And Delfino too at that point!

3. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

Hornets are playing well at home as of late, and the Celts have won 5 in a row, and have been good at home...not horrible losses

4. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

I'm a lin fan. He played a nice game but he definitely could play with more energy and aggressiveness. I'm guessing mchale doesn't want him getting into the habit of coasting. He does do that. Young players learn habits.

5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

even though you have a valid and good point, get ready to get called a troll.

6. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

The disrepect toward Lin is ridiculous. Mchale and Sampson's interviews make it clear, hell, their announcers made it clear. Lin can't get no respect. How the hell do you sit Lin and play TD over him. I've seen enough of McHale and Sampson to know that they don't think highly of Lin, but when they take TD over Lin when push comes to shove, I know that's one person I will never see eye to eye on when it comes to basketball.

7. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

The game was over some time go, and I'm still thinking it was a winnable game. Should I seek counselling?

8. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

The game was over at that point. Why b**** about it? It's over. One good that can come out of it would be Harden continuing his streak. It might be a little selfish, but if the game is over, you should at least want to see your player continue his record.

9. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

People keep saying "give it a rest, it's not all about Lin..." And then idiots like this appear...

10. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

But he got 0 TO tonight.

11. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Agree, I am Lin fan and what McHale did at that moment is the right move at that moment. They did close the lead to 2 with time left. I was hoping the bench can increase the lead and bring the starters in to close. JLin has been playing a lot of minutes and should get a rest. The bench are scoring, continue to rest. McHale did bring him back... still the Rockets can not have a good scoring run.

If anything else, the FT points should have helped us :(

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

A few things:
    1. What's up with Beardman and 6TOs? The guy can't handle the ball at all!
    2. Asik 1-8 at the charity line?
    3. Smith 1-4 at the charity line?
    4. Delfino 1-7 shooting?

The coaches need to get their priorities straight moving forward. Yes...it's all Lin's fault tonight.

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

After that huge comeback by the bench, it's their game to lose pretty much and that's what they did. Most coaches would of probably stuck with that lineup. Lin isn't a star player or it might be different.

14. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

No you're not. I'm right there with ya

15. iku

iku Member

for those who comments on how the rockets went on a run when lin was not on the floor in the fourth, what exactly did TD do for that run? A steal and an assist to harden, that was it.

Then the celtics go on a run themselves when TD is on the floor, that's when the coach brought back Lin?

I've been watching houston ball for a pretty long time, and this is the most frustrating thing about this freaking coach. His logic doesn't make any sense.

Did JVG bench tmac when he had a good game? NO
    Did JVG bench yao when yao was turning the ball over? NO
    Did adelman bench his stars when they're having a good game? NO

then there's mchale, who loves to bench his starters when they're having a good game, and play players like delfino who goes for 1-7? stupid.

16. teebone21

teebone21 Member

add " cant score in halfcourt, bigs not in vacinity of rim for rebounds because they camping at 3pt line, poor play choices from coach.

17. Gil

Gil Member

Had to put him on ignore. Guy wants Lin's pen0r.

18. bc2k

bc2k Member

It's all true but after Boston called timeout they got on an 8-0 run within 2 minutes and stretched the lead back to 10. TD 0-2 in that time and harden missed a 3. I just think McHale played that lineup a little bit too long.

19. MT1417

MT1417 Member

Seriously what's with 12/29 FTs? 40% FT shooting and you wonder why we lost.

Nothing wrong with McHale sticking with the same lineup when we almost made a comeback in the 4th. But when things started falling apart again, he waited a little too long to adjust.

Bad game, on to Philly.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

"Houston's in town tonight..."

[​IMG]

"Well you better tell them to Prepare their anus!"