1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 3/5/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2007.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Rafer had EVERY RIGHT to be pissed off at that call, and kudos to him for not getting a technical. It was not anywhere near a foul, the f***ing refs just assumed that it had to be.

2. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

They have won four in a row.

3. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

Couple of things stand out, firstly definitely not as mad at the team as I thought I would be. They fought back in the 4th

-Tmac was shooting just too much, too many jumpers, Get to the LINE!!! He did come on late though
    -Refs sucked, Lebron was bailed out by some truly phantom fouls against Battier. Oh and Rafer's block looked clean, Yao got tackled, no whistle. Eric Snow was really fouling Tmac on like every play. I have no idea why they put 5 seconds on the shot clock as opposed to 3, unbelievable.
    -Yao looked rusty qtr 1-3, but he came on strong.
    -Chuck Hayes is horrible at making layups. He got like 3 of em blocked.
    -Juwan was slow and completely useless.
    -Luther and that 5 second call, :mad: :mad: , kid has got to learn to use his freakin brain

BTW, don't want to be a hater, but Lebron is so NOT a closer. As much as we b**** about Tmac, he can be pretty reliable most 4th qtrs. King James is so unclutch. He really has no jumper, and refs bail him out ALOT..Had this been Kobe, we would have had no comeback or any chance in the 4th.

4. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Did anyone notice the look Tmac gave on Alston after that foul? He seems want to kick his ass... :p

5. ricowang

ricowang Member

Actually, do not let Head pass the ball.. never!

6. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I second that...We should have traded him when his stock was high now everyone has seen how he plays the point and is an inconsistent shooter....

7. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

t-mac keeps settling for too many 3's

8. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

i'm glad somebody sees how bad luther is for us... i'm pretty sure novak would be better right now...

and rafer isn't that bad..as a second pg.. we need mike james god damnit.

9. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I ride as many highs as games Rockets win.

dating back to the start of the season I've had 36 happy and satified days
    24 pissed off at the low end days.

and the rest - eh.

gotta Bleed Rockets Red, my man. The pain is what makes the glory so glorious.

10. kkuu

kkuu Member

If yao and Tmac can make a little more Fgs, we will win. But we are not.

11. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

its worst being a celtics fan not that I am in a way its good cuz they'll most likely get durant or oden!

12. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope the old T-Mac doesn't come back now that Yao is back...

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Some more love from ESPN:

Yao showed some rust, finishing with seven points on 2-of-11 shooting over 18 minutes in the Cavaliers' 91-85 win. He added four rebounds and one block but gave Houston fans a big scare when he tumbled he tripped over a Cavs player and tumbled to the ground with less than a minute left in the game. Yao limped off the court, at one point reaching for the brace on his right knee, but he waved off help on the bench. He returned to the game after a timeout.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2787899

What game were they watching?

14. Angioplasty

Angioplasty Member

Let me ask you this: who would you rather have take those shots?

15. deon200

deon200 Member

I love the fact that the Rockets were not distracted and paid full attention to JVG even though there was a fight behind the bench during a timeout.
    Professional!

16. qxyxxx

qxyxxx Member

Do you guys seriously believe the rockets are gonna win the championship this year even with both Yao and TMac playing at the highest level? I think it's safe to say with Rafer the poorest shooting pg and Hayes the shortest pf as our starters we have no chance against teams like Suns and spurs, let alone the Mavs who's playing probably the best basketball in the near ten years..

17. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

I agree 100%!!! those cold hearted bastards!!!

18. Angioplasty

Angioplasty Member

There's no way to know until the games have actually been played. That's all I can tell you. Have a good night.

19. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

yeah might as well let novak do what head does whilst developing.. and i don't are if the celtics have won 4 in a row.. we should DOMINATE them. our team can win the championship right now... but they need to screw their heads on right.

20. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

That's more like a partial game recap. It happens. I believe a full game recap will be out pretty soon.