1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/18/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2023.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe because he's a really efficient shooter? Good grief. We scored 8 pts in overtime and 5 of them were from Sengun. I mean both of Jalen's shots were blocked, and the only other player who put points on the board was Fred with his 3PT shot.

Antares, BigMaloe, RCPM and 5 others like this.
  2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

It is refreshing to see you take exception to the low life comments of this person. I would put my my money on you vs. this know nothing person who knows nothing of Jabari. If he even dreamed he knew something about basketball, he'd wake up and apologize.

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

Al-P hit a clutch hook shot over Lebron in a Lakers game earlier this year. I agree, that the shot he took this game was a horrible look, but if the shot was closer to the rim, I wouldn't be mad at it.

cumutk likes this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It’s very clear to me Jabari cares a ton. I’d ride with that as long as I can. He’ll put in the work to get better. When things aren’t going perfect, he’ll try to outwork everyone else. Love that. Easy guy to root for.

Y2JT, BigMaloe, Tfor3 and 6 others like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just don't get it at all. Comments like that are uncalled for. Jabari's improved his FG% from 40 to 48% and his 3PT% has gone from 30.6 to 36% since last year. The kid had 18 rebounds the other night! That's impressive. I'm really excited about his progress. He's got a really good head on his shoulders, and it's obvious he has been working towards improving his game. He's 20 years old, and when he bulks up more he will really be able to fight the bigger guys off for the boards and the buckets. I'm looking forward to watching this kid become a star, and am so glad he's on our team.

Y2JT, BigMaloe, ramotadab and 4 others like this.
  6. WestendMassive

[​IMG]

Tfor3 likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree with that. They are struggling on the road. Jalen is not doing well at home either.

sirjesse likes this.
  8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I was hoping that would go in.

I loved Fred , Tari and Uncle Green’s game tonight.

Brooks had some key moments in the game and brought the toughness.

Goon looked great and too bad he didn’t get the walk off.

I love that we didn’t quit. Showed grit on the wrong side of a a b2b.

Jalen Green needs a shooting coach and a sports psychologist and I’m rooting for him.

9. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

You forgot that everyone missen their shots in the Overtime except Alpi! So he took a tough shot and it was close and Alpi worden on the Board to get one more last shot! The "last" shot took FVV. He took it to early and he missed it! So stop be mad. There are a lot of young Player who must learn to play games like this.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Sengun's one-legged Dirk attempt was a perfect setup for overtime. How often does he even attempt that shot?

VanVleet carried us tonight with a monster game and he's played great this season. His assist/turnover is unheard of being 5+ for the year. That high a ratio is almost unsustainable, but he's there now 25 games in. He's also shooting one of the highest 3PT% from our PG since Kenny Smith.

Ultimately the Rockets ran out of gas tonight playing 2nb2b. Green is slumping and Smith had one of his worst career games. Twitter said he got benched? The Rockets are on the right track overall though -- good coaching, defensive improvement, and plenty young talent. The more they play together, the more they will improve. I would say playoff chances are 60%, which is far far faaarrr cry from last season.

BigMaloe, Tfor3, deb4rockets and 4 others like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ah good.....take a glimpse at the home stand in January.

Indy
    Suns
    Philly
    Detroit
    Brooklyn
    Minny
    Bucks

Indy/Phoenix b2b
    Minny/Milwaukee b2b

Indy and Phoenix will be nightly shoot outs......

I think close games against Philly, Minny and Bucks hinging on daily barometer of in game shape.....

#1191 daywalker02, Dec 19, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
    Roomba likes this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

I'm sorry but Jalen Green looks like a bust recently, what the hell is going on. He's overthinking, cannot get past his man, has zero awareness of where he is on the floor, needs the whole floor to get to the basket instead of using the seams and space the defense gives him. If he plays up even a little bit to his potential, we win this game, period! I'm also really disappointed in our offense, with how nobody seems to read and react, cut, move, just watching guys do their thing...

The refs were again calling soft things, yet when we get mugged they don't even think twice before giving the ball to the Cavs. Frustrating! Btw when Jeff Green has it going like he did, why didn't we go to him more often? I do like our fight, but sometimes Ime and guys on the floor need to focus a bit more on the right guys getting a shot. Overall, with the way we played, it was actually crazy we were in it. We didn't box out worth a damn and it's time to get back to that as I feel we allow way more second chance points or at least possessions lately.

saleem, BigMaloe, Tfor3 and 5 others like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yep, if you cannot win against a team without 2 quality guys named Darius Garland and Evan Mobley that were known Rocket killers.

Those Isaac Okoro bullet passes were on point, dude cannot score but he can sure pass.

#1194 daywalker02, Dec 19, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
    Tfor3 likes this.
  14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

When we eventually get rid of Jalen because he hasnt improved, hes going to do some interview about how the organization didnt put him in the best position to succeed.

BigShasta and csc177 like this.
  15. csc177

csc177 Member

Clippers will stall in playoffs and harden disappears when you need him - stop bringing him up around here.

16. csc177

csc177 Member

They all do - Jalen is a use case for this new generation of: AAU ball focused - transfer multiple times in high school - never truly learn how to be a winning player.

had Jalen gone to college …..he doesn’t go #2 overall- low lottery at best. Folks were in awe of his 1 million instagram followers and high school dunk package vs 5’10 dudes that’ll never play ball again.

Jalen green is sadly a 6’4 Dwight Howard and Josh Smith. Uber athletic but not skilled. Zero bag low iQ - and a lot of potential ceiling talk “one more year” “when he puts it all together” “he just needs time”

17. csc177

csc177 Member

Lolol that’s funny and accurate.

you know what our record would be if JG didn’t have one of these stinkers??? We’d be a top 5 seed

BigShasta likes this.
  18. anchel

anchel Member

How is it possible that we don't attack Mitchell a single possesion (and paired with Eason!) when he has 5 fouls the whole overtime????

What were the Rockets coaching staff thinking??

Ridiculous.

19. VanityHalfBlack

Can't even beat the Cavs bro. Can't wait for our next win against a scrub team lolol

saleem likes this.