1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/18/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2023.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

"Trash" doesn't collect double digit rebounds every night...I mean you can spew that crap but it really doesn't compute to someone paying attention. Had 7 rebounds tonight in only 23 mins. Alpy,Tari and FVV had 8 each in many more minutes..31,33 and 45 mins. respectively. Criticize his 5 pts. but the rebounding trash is well TRASH.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tonight showed me it isn't all about winning games for Udoka. Otherwise, he had no business inserting JG into OT instead of Uncle Jeff.

I don't necessarily disagree with the decision because JG needs to be placed on the cutting edge to get the chance to succeed or fail. But remember, Uncle Jeff came in for JG at 4 mins with the Rockets down 6 and they forced OT.

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen's mechanics are off. I look at his form and it just looks all over the place. I said it earlier in this thread, he seem to have his best success when he worked with John Lucas. Not sure if Ime's staff would want that but Lucas is a miracle worker at those things.

He has shown previously to have too much talent to give up on.

4. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

I miss Asik... not really

Castian Crew and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now get back to winning at home...

I think allowing 128 and now 135 would be products of being on the road.

BigMaloe and Roomba like this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

We're literally like a completely different team at home and away. Maybe some of it has to do with a friendlier whistle, but I suspect it also has to do with being a young, inconsistent team.

Some wins would be just what we need after two close and frustrating losses

BigMaloe, Tfor3, Houstunna and 3 others like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not sure why you people love him and KPJ lol.....just flock to the next player.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There was a tweet in the first 15 games where you see the defensive ratings, best at home and among the worst on the road.

BigMaloe, ramotadab and Roomba like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Done by Merit and Merrill.

10. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

Bro who tf is Sam Merill??? This some ol' bull sh*t!

Roomba likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm at the point now I'd rather see almost anyone get more minutes than Jalen. We have much more efficient shooters and defenders on our bench. I'm not ready to trade him, because he is young enough to improve, but I'd rather see better players in the starting lineup. He definitely needs to play less minutes until he proves to be more efficient as an overall player.

12. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

yes

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I disagree, you have to prop up JG's trade value somehow.

Also it's a back 2 back, you are running out of bodies.

It's a fine line.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Terrence was actually a triple double threat, him being an idiot off the court and being lower IQ led to his demise.

He was sentenced 10 years for defrauding health care?!

ramotadab likes this.
  15. AuburnRocket

There is some incredible selectivity in that statement.Not your statement sirjessi..the one you are responding to...It amazes me how some players get a pass while others are put under a microscope....a player with 16 points and 5 rebounds is the reason why we lose, however, one with more minutes and 5 less points and and one more rebound is a savior. Let me tell you a big secret.....ALL of our players have warts...a number of them. Spin the wheel....each night brings a different set of circumstances and a different set of warts. ALL of them...every.single.player.

16. Sonicbun8

Sonicbun8 Member

Green’s supposed to be the scorer of this team but he’s playing worse than his second year, Jabari is only like the 3rd (or 4th?) scoring option gets way less shot attempts than your idol but he does other things to help the team win if his shots ain’t falling. Plus this is only Jabari’s 2nd year, same reason you JG fans used to defend JG when he had these bunch of 9 point games last year.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This is why you dont ignore in victory what you wouldn't in defeat.

Overall im very excited about what Ime brings. I am pleased with how this team has played overall, but theyve really got to decide if Green is worth investing in when you've got other young players on the roster who may have more promise.

Plus there is the draft and free agency and you dont want to be passing up players because Green is soaking up minutes at SG.

There are a lot of SG that could be free agents that will be upgrades over Green. But i think before we get to that point we should give the guys in house a chance first.

Amen and Cam should get first crack and pushing Jalen out of the rotation.

If he has any fight in him he'll wake up and push back and show up. If not he gets overtaken and we move on.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

We've seen him bench these guys before, so im guessing he was hoping Jalen would sack up and provide an offensive punch to help us pull one out.

Hes probably as disappointed in Jalen as most people here that he believed in him and it back fired.

ramotadab likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe you call 20 year old Jabari trash. That's so ridiculous it's hard to believe you've ever watched him play. Everyone has bad games or streaks, but his averages this year are vastly improving from his rookie year, and he's got a really good efficiency rating.

20. AuburnRocket

You see what I see....hell, the shots Bari takes often are the frig it, no one is sharing the ball, so I'll just let one go. I see game after game with players going 1 on 2 or 1 on 3 ....kick the ball out ? Shii...uh no...I got mine, you get yours attitude. Selfish basketball. It's a big thing when he gets double digit shots....needs to hit 70% of his shots to meet expectations. I'm going to say that one of the reasons we lost tonight was that we needed more rebounding...something Bari surely would have provided more of had he of played.