1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/18/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2023.

1. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

Absolutely nothing he needs to go like yesterday

2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen needs to go find John Lucas and get him to help with his mechanics. He is all off. His confidence is gone.

3. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

AC Green at his current age is better than Jalen

4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

We should have went with Holiday in OT to give Fred some help. He's solid defender and was hitting his shots.

HardenReturns likes this.
  5. WestendMassive

Bring Craig Ehlo out of retirement and give him Jalen's jersey

Castian Crew likes this.
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Plus
    Plus, Jabari has shown he can hit late game shots, time and time again! And Ime give the ball to Alpi???

Im still dumbfounded

7. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Things better than Jalen Green right now...

-North Korea
    -The border
    -Our space program
    -Jimmy Hoffa
    -Disney's movie sales

Sonicbun8, Entropy, jim1961 and 3 others like this.
  8. WestendMassive

The closing the eyes thing is weird. He drives into the lane at a million miles an hour, launches at the hoop, and then ***** himself because he's a ****ing p***y.

We talk a lot about all of the dawgs on this team but we're going nowhere with this soft as butter no shot hitting weakling playing 25+ minutes every game

9. Sengun

Sengun Member

It's truly incredible how you can have so much hatred towards someone you've never seen, spoken to or met in your life.

There is a someone who can play against Lebron on the last ball and won but you're right it should have been given to a bum who doesn't spend as much time on basketball as polishing his fingers.

I don't think there are people around you who love you, I think you are a pathetic type, but at least I feel sorry for your family. They definitely wouldn't choose you if they had a choice.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's so odd to me how little Holiday or VanVleet make it look easier to make layups than Jalen. Personally, I'd rather see Jeff Green, Holiday, and Eason get a few more of Jalen's minutes. He should have used Jeff Green in overtime instead of Jalen.

#1130 deb4rockets, Dec 18, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

We have Will Weaver, who is apparently a great shooting coach. I think a lot of his struggles have to do with him not having the ball in his hands as much, and with not having the freedom of the feckless Silas offense.

The thing is though, if he ever wants to play on a contender, then he absolutely NEEDS to learn how to play in a structured offense—or the results will be like what we’re currently seeing.

I am hoping that he’s learning every game, and breaking down and rebuilding how he perceives the game. Effort isn’t the issue, and I guess he was actually working pretty damn hard on defense today. But if he’s not scoring then he’s missing the main reason why he was such a highly touted prospect

12. OpportunityCost

Wow, Ehlo, I remember that name on the Rockets.

WestendMassive likes this.
  13. OpportunityCost

Jalen needs to add a jump-stop to his drives to give him a little more control. By the time he finally makes it to or near the rim, he seems really out of control and he can't get a good shot off.

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The Cavs are all out of thanks.

They've been thanking Houston every day since the draft that Houston picked Jalen Green.

15. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

green has been getting more minutes and has been just as bad so that’s why

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  16. csc177

csc177 Member

Would have been nice if Alp had the game winner

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

so we're not trading green for zion yet?

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

There's a distinct correlation with the Rockets getting better, and a higher frequency of absolutely god awful calls from officials.

That game was atrocious.

Jalen should thank the refs though. I don't even think 4 maybe even 6 of his points should've even been awarded free throws. Bailed out big time.

Even with those gimmies. He was still as f*cking pathetic as he is more often than not.

It's absolutely crazy how in 3 years he's actually made me like him less, than when he was drafted and I already didn't rate him.

I'd say I'm a basketball wizard. But I also thought Drew Gooden would be the best player in his draft. So I too have some misses. Not as often as Jalen does though. Like, not even in the same stratosphere.

A lot more needs to be talked about how Jalen is dumb as dog sh*t when it comes to reading screens and trying to find players around the perimeter. It is infuriating watching all the mistakes he makes in general play that don't lead to a turnover, so they're not amplified. But they're still happening countless times every single game.

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You rather give the last second shot to someone who can barely make free throws? Where is the logic?

I was thinking FVV or something quick for Tari or Brooks. My last thought was Sengun. He's only efficient because he's under the basket and with Allen in the game, that was not going to happen.....Sengun??

#1139 hlmbasketball, Dec 18, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Weird game.

anthony59237 likes this.